2011-2012 Cornell University (Weill) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interview invite, too! I'm very happily suprised. I was complete sept 12.

Would you mind sharing stats and undergrad institution? PM is fine too, I was complete 9/14 so just trying to figure out if I'll have an II coming up or not, thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I also received an interview invite today! AND I sent an "in the area" email just yesterday. I got a confirmation email within 2 hours, and an invite, as I said, today.
I was complete late Sept

Rejected. Complete Mid August, good luck to everyone else

Members don't see this ad :)
a very small percentage of international applicants received an interview from cornell last year (5% compared to at least 10% for domestic students) any reason for this?

a very small percentage of international applicants received an interview from cornell last year (5% compared to at least 10% for domestic students) any reason for this?

I wonder if things are different this year; I know of quite a few Canadian citizens who have received interviews here. Cornell doesn't provide financial aid to international students, so perhaps they are wary of interviewing/admitting applicants who are less likely to attend?

I wonder if things are different this year; I know of quite a few Canadian citizens who have received interviews here. Cornell doesn't provide financial aid to international students, so perhaps they are wary of interviewing/admitting applicants who are less likely to attend?

interesting...I noticed the same trend with penn and pritzker.. not sure if they are different this year

Rejected this morning. Complete late June. Almost forgot I had applied :p

Adding my name to this rejection massacre. I was complete mid-Aug I think.

Members don't see this ad :)
So fellow student that just interviewed at UVA and is at Cornell next week (you showed me to the Greyhound station...).... Can you PM me? I'm curious as to what you are doing for housing.

Thanks!

rejected...i have to admit my secondary was one of the first written and was pretty bad...was pretty ashamed of it

same...

i felt the urge to try something "different" on this secondary :)idea:)... not anything tacky, but I wrote about something that I hadn't written about before, and although it was genuine, it might have come across to them as BS.

a day after I realize how much I would enjoy living in manhattan :(

Rejected today via email.

Cornell is totally missing out :D Good luck to everyone still in the process!!!!!! <3 <3 <3

Rejected as well. Appreciate the early notice I guess. Good luck to everyone else still waiting!

Rejected. Sigh. Was complete on 8/30. Yes - good luck to the rest of you!

Rejected after being complete in august... totally okay with it :D

Rejected 10/7 also. Good luck to those left! :cool:

Complete 8/2, but still no rejection...which is very surprising. So, I sent them a publication update. Hopefully this will delay the impending rejection for a couple of days while they read my letter. ;)

Big thanks to whoever it was that posted info on how to send updates to this school.

Rejected via email, complete late August. Wasn't expecting much here. :luck: to everyone else!

Ahh complete 8/1. No news from Cornell... Wonder if i can still hope for an interview invite...

First rejection, sure there's more to come.

Rejected Monday. Was complete early september. My feelings are hurt, but hey... you can't pull a 3.4 and get to Weill. I'm just happy I lasted so long.

Rejected Monday. Was complete early september. My feelings are hurt, but hey... you can't pull a 3.4 and get to Weill. I'm just happy I lasted so long.

Apparently you can't pull a 4 and get to Weill either, didn't even give me a chance to interview.

JyZ99.jpg

Any current students want to host me tomorrow night??? I can occupy myself and let you study. I'm a male but don't care what you are.

PM me if you're a taker

(also, if you are interviewing Tuesday night and have a room that you want to split two-ways PM me)

completed sept 13th, still waiting. my soul is slowly withering away...

To the other MSTPers out there, we hear back tomorrow correct? Anyone know if it's via email or phone call?

EDIT: Accepted MSTP 12/13/2011! WOOO.

Last edited:
Rejected today. Complete 10/11. 3.78/32

Accepted MSTP! I got an email asking me to call MSTP office, then they told me I was accepted.
(Interviewed Oct 27th)

Accepted MSTP! I got an email asking me to call MSTP office, then they told me I was accepted.
(Interviewed Oct 27th)

Congrats!
Do you think that regular MD decisions are also rolling out now or just MSTP?

I hope so! Could use that right about now...
From what I heard during my interview, all MSTP decisions are released on one day and one day only, Dec/13th. I'm not familiar with the MD process but I would guess the MD-only students should start hearing back as well. Two of my friends (MD-only) were rejected last week, so i guess it's a good sign if you are still in right now.

From what I heard during my interview, all MSTP decisions are released on one day and one day only, Dec/13th. I'm not familiar with the MD process but I would guess the MD-only students should start hearing back as well. Two of my friends (MD-only) were rejected last week, so i guess it's a good sign if you are still in right now.

Your friends were rejected post-interview?

Your friends were rejected post-interview?
One didn't get an interview... the other one not sure... he was in NYC for two weeks for interviews but I'm not sure if he had a Cornell interview or not actually....

Status
Not open for further replies.