2011-2012 Drexel Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was verified 8/8 and I just got the secondary today. First check your Spam folder, and if it's not there, then contact the school to see what's up.

Drexel DOES NOT screen pre-secondary, so you have not been rejected. If anything, they had a technical hickup and forgot to send you the secondary.

wutttt, I didn't receive their secondary today and I was verified 7/25....It's not in my spam either, and usually gmail has been marking my app emails as important due to wording lol. Im gonna have to call them tomorrow unless i get it tomorrow morning.

Members don't see this ad.

has anyone received the official II email yet? I'm thinking of scheduling after I receive it, my September is starting to get a bit overwhelming =/ .

Last edited:
Hey guys... how would you guys get from Drexel to NYC?? I have my drexel interview on Friday, and a NYC interview on Monday. I look up this bus system call Megabus, and it said the fare was $1.00. That sounds a little sketchy to me...so I was wondering if people around Philadelphia know another reliable transportation to NYC?! or.... maybe Megabus is reliable and I just think too much!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys... how would you guys get from Drexel to NYC?? I have my drexel interview on Friday, and a NYC interview on Monday. I look up this bus system call Megabus, and it said the fare was $1.00. That sounds a little sketchy to me...so I was wondering if people around Philadelphia know another reliable transportation to NYC?! or.... maybe Megabus is reliable and I just think too much!

Thanks!

Megabus is legit, don't worry! If you buy a fare early, you pay $1, but every time I've ridden it, I've had to pay around $20. The wifi doesn't always work and boarding can be disorganized, but it isn't a scam or anything. I would buy the ticket while it's still low.

Thanks!

I have a bunch of friends that have rode the Megabus and gave positive reviews. If you aren't comfortable with it there is always Amtrak, Greyhound, and maybe a combination of SEPTA + NJ Transit.

take SEPTA from market st i think to trenton, NJ. then from trenton to NY penn station via NJ transit. megabus is good too

anyone else complete on or before 7/30 and still have no decision?

Buses are probably the easiest and cheapest way to get from Philly to NYC. They leave from 30th street station (there's a bus stop outside on JFK Blvd) and will take you straight there. Sometimes the buses are delayed, but I've found that when it's not rush hour, it's usually on time. MegaBus and Boltbus are both good companies to work with, and the fares are usually <$13 each way (cheaper if you buy early! The first x number of fares will be $1). The total trip takes about 2 hours.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I've ridden these buses to and from NYC and D.C. several times.

Thank you all! Probably end up taking Megabus....and booking it now, since it is so cheap!

Invited to interview yesterday via status page but got an official email notification about the interview today. Looks like the email notification is not that far behind the status page. According to the email the interview lasts from 8:30am until 2:30pm and when I scheduled there were interviews dates starting from late-September. It is still super early in the interview season for Drexel, they state that interviews are conducted from September until March.

Last edited:
For those who want to know, Megabus is legit! You probably won't get a $1 ticket as there are a very limited quantity and you have to purchase super early, but they are not all that expensive otherwise. Any of the Chinatown buses are cheap and will get you from Philly to NYC with reasonable (key word here :D ) safety. However, if you're female I would not recommend taking the bus at night.

Members don't see this ad :)
GPA < 3.5, MCAT score 29 N, Complete July 20 and received interview invite today 08/31 through email!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know what is the address of the school of medicine (place for interview)? I typed in Drexel college of medicine, and Drexel University, and got different address.

So I called admissions and they said I should receive my secondary next week?....

How come ppl verified on 8/8 got their supplemental before me? when I was verified earlier. Doesn't make any sense.

Does anyone know what is the address of the school of medicine (place for interview)? I typed in Drexel college of medicine, and Drexel University, and got different address.

2900 Queen Lane

So I called admissions and they said I should receive my secondary next week?....

How come ppl verified on 8/8 got their supplemental before me? when I was verified earlier. Doesn't make any sense.

:shrug:

If the interview ends at 2:30pm is it reasonable to make it to the airport for a 4:30pm flight? Taking a flight at a later time more than doubles the price.

I don't think there's any real rhyme or reason to when they send the secondary. I wouldn't worry about it. :)

I don't think there's any real rhyme or reason to when they send the secondary. I wouldn't worry about it. :)

I was verified by AMCAS July 29th, still no secondary. Called today and they said it's normal to have to wait 4-5weeks (it's odd) for their secondary. They also said I should be receiving it soon as they're planning on sending it out.

I was verified by AMCAS July 29th, still no secondary. Called today and they said it's normal to have to wait 4-5weeks (it's odd) for their secondary. They also said I should be receiving it soon as they're planning on sending it out.

I was verified 8/8 and I received their secondary yesterday (8/30), so they may be sending out chunks of them this week.

All of my materials were marked as received on the 8th of August, and my status page says "no decision has been made yet." Does that mean I'm on hold, or have they just not gotten around to looking at my app? This seems like such a long time to have not heard anything. I never even got a complete email (not sure if I was supposed to?).

All of my materials were marked as received on the 8th of August, and my status page says "no decision has been made yet." Does that mean I'm on hold, or have they just not gotten around to looking at my app? This seems like such a long time to have not heard anything. I never even got a complete email (not sure if I was supposed to?).

I've been complete since July 20th... crickets on my end.

If the interview ends at 2:30pm is it reasonable to make it to the airport for a 4:30pm flight? Taking a flight at a later time more than doubles the price.

The interview day typically ends earlier than 2:30 so 4:30 should work. If you end up having a full day, then I'd suggest taking a cab from campus to the airport ~35$-$40 otherwise SEPTA is a great and cheaper option

Anyone else interviewing @ Drexel October 7th? I hope to meet some of you guys there!

put on hold, "reviewed and will be re-evaluated later in the season for a final decision". not sure when i was complete.

Anyone else interviewing @ Drexel October 7th? I hope to meet some of you guys there!

Yes I will be!! Maybe I'll meet ya there.

Just got my II today! Complete 8/9 (Well between 8/6 and 8/9, not exactly sure when). Very excited :D!

Yes I will be!! Maybe I'll meet ya there.

Just got my II today! Complete 8/9 (Well between 8/6 and 8/9, not exactly sure when). Very excited :D!

Haha okay sweet man congratulations!!!

Interview Invite Today! Complete 7/21!
Keeping my :xf: for everyone and sending out good vibes to you!

Does anyone know what will happen to me? I completed 2ndary on August 9th and got my 2nd MCAT score on August 30th. Should it be a couple of days or 4-6 weeks? Thanks!

9084119.jpg

This made me laugh... A LOT!

So I'm bringing it back... and would like to change it to...

http://memegenerator.net/instance/9699493

Do you guys think getting a plane ticket leaving at 3:50 or 3:21pm be okay after interviews? Or am I cutting too close?

Interview invite yesterday. OOS. Completed secondary 8/4. 32M, 3.55cGPA, 3.43sGPA.

I'm interviewing 9/21. Anyone else? PM me and maybe we could share a rental car or something.

I was complete on 7/26 but I haven't received a secondary yet...:confused::confused:

Should I call tomorrow?

+1

I was complete late July, but "no decision is currently available" for me yet. 35S, 3.6/3.55

Does anyone know if they take update/interest letters even if you're not put on hold?

You can send them to the medstat email. If you go this route, be brief (concisely show interest / say why Drexel is for you). You want to save your ammo (updates, accomplishments, etc) if you are WLed or on hold.

You can send them to the medstat email. If you go this route, be brief (concisely show interest / say why Drexel is for you). You want to save your ammo (updates, accomplishments, etc) if you are WLed or on hold.

i sent an update to the medadmis email, did they specifically say only to send to medstat email?

Status
Not open for further replies.