2011-2012 Drexel Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking of adding Drexel to my list of schools. I hope it's not too late especially since there is no secondary.

Members don't see this ad.

I was complete July 25th, and I still am getting the "no decision has been made yet" message. Getting anxious.

Members don't see this ad :)
me too...i was complete on 7/22...hopefully we didn't get passed over

What is Drexel's interview format? MMI or traditional? group or individual?

I am thinking of adding Drexel to my list of schools. I hope it's not too late especially since there is no secondary.

Hey there :) If by 'no secondary' you mean 'no essay questions' then :thumbup:

But Drexel has a secondary, and they release it to folks in batches, in order by date of primary receipt

Interview invite by e-mail today. Confirmed for Oct. 5th. :)

Good luck to everyone applying!

interview invite, scheduled for Nov 1st. Someone said that they have an essay prompt that you have to complete as the very first thing you do when you show up? Is this true?

Members don't see this ad :)
interview invite, scheduled for Nov 1st. Someone said that they have an essay prompt that you have to complete as the very first thing you do when you show up? Is this true?

No, they give you the prompt when you first show up but you have a while to finish it. I wanna say all day but I can't remember. Nothing to stress over.

+1! See you on the 5th!

+1 for the 5th!

See you both there! It'll be nice to finally meet some SDN members. :)

My co-worker interviewed at Drexel last year. She said that they give you a packet with your prompt at the beginning of the day, and before you leave you are given some time to answer the prompt.

Just had to call them about a problem with my application...SO NICE!!! :thumbup:

Sweet! I like the sound of free housing :)

Looking forward to the interview.

Need to practice practice practice...:cool:

Only for away rotations (>45 miles from philly) - e.g. Monmouth Med. Center, St. Peters, or Allegheny General Hospital.

You're on your own if you do your rotation in Philly.

I've never been to Philly, and will have an extra day there when I fly out to interview. Does anybody have any suggestions of things to do to get to know Philly a little bit? I'll probably try to get to a Phillies game, but what else could I do?

I've never been to Philly, and will have an extra day there when I fly out to interview. Does anybody have any suggestions of things to do to get to know Philly a little bit? I'll probably try to get to a Phillies game, but what else could I do?

Philly cheesesteak. Obvs.

philly_lunch1.jpg

Application complete on 08/07; now time to wait. So, if they're interested in an applicant, is it generally a month or so way wait until the applicant is notified for an interview? *praying*

Go Phillies! :cool: You might want to check their schedule and consider buying a ticket sooner rather than later because most games are sold out and we're close to clinching the division.

If you're interested in history, you could check out Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell, the National Constitution Center, the U.S. Mint, etc.

South Street is also pretty interesting; it has the Magic Gardens, good cheesesteak/pizza places, small boutiques, and the pier at the end.

tp HomerJayBYU, go to reading terminal and grab some food :) or go to the art museum or walk down the parkway if the weather is nice. lots to do. good city to wander around (center city anyway)

The way I see it, a "no decision" is better than a rejected decision. Maybe I'm just naive.

I hope you're right! I get so nervous when I log in and check my status haha

My amcas was verified august 4th and I still haven't gotten their secondary, is anyone else in the same boat?, how long did it take other People to get theirs?

My amcas was verified august 4th and I still haven't gotten their secondary, is anyone else in the same boat?, how long did it take other People to get theirs?

I was verified June 21st, received secondary July 20th and received invitation for interview August 31st. So, it seems like they handle their business in 1 month intervals and maybe more.

I was on "no decision" from August - July last year, then got rejected in early July. So....
I was verified on aug 15. haven't gotten 2ndary yet. but since i applied last year, i used the same login info and managed to access my 2ndary so i went ahead and submitted it...fingers crossed that this won't mess up my application :oops:
24 hours later my status still indicates incomplete even though they've processed the payment and have everything else...

I was verified on aug 15. haven't gotten 2ndary yet. but since i applied last year, i used the same login info and managed to access my 2ndary so i went ahead and submitted it...fingers crossed that this won't mess up my application :oops:
24 hours later my status still indicates incomplete even though they've processed the payment and have everything else...

All of my stuff has been in for more than 2 weeks and I haven't been marked complete yet.. so it's no biggie.

Hello - I was verified mid-July and still no secondary. Out of 25 schools, this and Toledo are the only secondaries I have not received!

Hello - I was verified mid-July and still no secondary. Out of 25 schools, this and Toledo are the only secondaries I have not received!

yeah this is the 2nd to last secondary I am waiting for (the other is from a school I just added to my list this Sunday).

I'm considering calling them, but it hasnt been 4 weeks yet technically.

When I called a while ago they said to just wait, that secondaries take 4+ weeks.

My status just changed from "No decision available" to "Your file is complete and ready to be reviewed." The last part of my application was marked as received 8/15. :whistle:

My status just changed from "No decision available" to "Your file is complete and ready to be reviewed." The last part of my application was marked as received 8/15. :whistle:

Mine did the exact same thing today, and I had everything submitted around the same time as you did. I wonder if we'll hear something soon?

Same for me and I was also complete around that time. I don't recall anyone mentioning this status before...

Same for me and I was also complete around that time. I don't recall anyone mentioning this status before...

My bet would be that they changed this to avoid confusion on whether applications were actually complete, especially if people have been calling to ask about it.

ETA: My status changed to this today; my last material was received 8/26.

Mine still says No Decision. Submitted early July. :(

Mine says No Decision too, my material was received late July

Interview invite. Complete 7/19, invite 9/8 by email. OOS applicant.

Same, but I had everything received 9/1. Hmm... I hope this status is a good thing

Same, but I had everything received 9/1. Hmm... I hope this status is a good thing

I, too, have this message...has anyone received a re-review message thus far? I hope this isn't this year's version of it ><

I, too, have this message...has anyone received a re-review message thus far? I hope this isn't this year's version of it ><

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what's a re-review message?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what's a re-review message?

A hold basically - people do get off of it though - which said something like "your file has been reviewed and will be re-reviewed later on in the season" or something.

The message we got didn't sound anything like that, so I guess I'm just being paranoid (since the first re-review messages went out on 9/14 last year) :oops:

If you read earlier pages, people have gotten put on Hold already but there's a different message for that.

If you read earlier pages, people have gotten put on Hold already but there's a different message for that.

oh okay xD yeah I probably should have read previous pages then lol....thanks for pointing it out! :oops:

interview invite. oct 11
anybody go on their interview yet and want to share how it was like?

Mine did this too...and I was complete 8/17. WHAT DOES IT MEAN???

Status
Not open for further replies.