2011-2012 Jefferson Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck to those hoping to hear back today! I will be staring at my phone hoping for a phone call with the rest of ya
Without service all day - will be running upstairs to check for voicemails all day. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

This is my 3rd Wednesday post-interview and I am still waiting to hear something. Really hoping that my faculty interviewer shows up to the meeting today and that I hear some good news :xf:. Good luck to everyone else waiting today as well!

Members don't see this ad :)
+4. This makes 2 schools left I have yet to hear from (ie get rejected from).

Members don't see this ad :)
Among the Alternate List, does anyone know if DELAWARE residents are viewed differently than non-Delware residents? For example, could their priority level possibly be a bit higher than non-DE residents who are also on the Alternate List?

Since Jeff is DE's 'in-state' med school, I thought (and hoped!) that perhaps a DE resident may have a better chance of getting accepted from the Alternate List than people from outside DE.

Any insight/speculation on this? Any input is much appreciated!

Has anyone heard anything today? Do you know if adcom met today?

Is anyone from 3/21 interview still waiting to hear back?

Has anyone heard anything today? Do you know if adcom met today?

Is anyone from 3/21 interview still waiting to hear back?

At my interview day, IIRC, Dr. Callahan said the adcom would not be meeting today. Next Wednesday will be their last meeting for those that have interview and have not yet heard back.

Among the Alternate List, does anyone know if DELAWARE residents are viewed differently than non-Delware residents? For example, could their priority level possibly be a bit higher than non-DE residents who are also on the Alternate List?

Since Jeff is DE's 'in-state' med school, I thought (and hoped!) that perhaps a DE resident may have a better chance of getting accepted from the Alternate List than people from outside DE.

for what it's worth, I know 2 people who were on the HP waitlist last year. One was a DE resident one was not. The non-DE resident got an acceptance, the DE resident did not. That in itself doesn't mean anything but I'd figure you'd still like to know. I can't comment on the strength of the 2 applications except to say that they both were pretty darn good.

So, this is just my guess. They might have a certain number of seats saved for DE residents. So, if a DE resident withdraws, they try to fill that seat with another DE resident. If a non-DE resident withdraws, they fill that seat with a non-DE resident. I know some schools use that methods for residents and non-residents, so I speculate that Jefferson might do something similar.

So, this is just my guess. They might have a certain number of seats saved for DE residents. So, if a DE resident withdraws, they try to fill that seat with another DE resident. If a non-DE resident withdraws, they fill that seat with a non-DE resident. I know some schools use that methods for residents and non-residents, so I speculate that Jefferson might do something similar.

They have an agreement with Delaware to reserve 20 seats. It's the luck of the draw whether or not some of the Delaware residents withdraw.

Anyone else from the last interview day waiting to hear back this week? Think we'll hear today or more likely later in the week?

I interviewed on 4/4 and have yet to hear back. I emailed Dr. Callahan and she told me yesterday that I should hear back by the end of the week. So if not today, by Friday.

High Priority list; interviewed 3/28. Does anyone know if there is a "low priority waitlist"? Why do they call it high priority?

I believe there is a high priority list and an alternate list, though from reading past posts I think that they have pulled from both of them.

Same. Is there another waitlist or do they just call it this to tease you?

I just got the acceptance call about an hour and half ago. Interviewed 4/4.

got the call yesterday around 6pm. OOS interviewed 4/11

Ohai, Jefferson!

I'm writing to let you know that a few of us in the pre-allopathic school specific discussions thread were talking, and we think it would be a really wise choice to let just a few people in off of the high priority list right abooooooout now. You are a wonderful school, and we really appreciate all of the attention we received on interview day, and we are totally into you.

Now please let us in.

kthxbai,

tantacles

Ohai, Jefferson!

I'm writing to let you know that a few of us in the pre-allopathic school specific discussions thread were talking, and we think it would be a really wise choice to let just a few people in off of the high priority list right abooooooout now. You are a wonderful school, and we really appreciate all of the attention we received on interview day, and we are totally into you.

Now please let us in.

kthxbai,

tantacles

you never cease to crack me up.

you never cease to crack me up.

I've been looking for you (and calling out for you) in the c/o 2016 thread. WHERE YOU AT, BRO.

images

Can any current students speak to the exam schedule at Jeff? I know the curriculum is blocked but does that mean only one test per block?

TIA

Can any current students speak to the exam schedule at Jeff? I know the curriculum is blocked but does that mean only one test per block?

TIA

All exams are on Friday except during the Neuro block where you have an exam every Monday. Exams are usually every 3-4 weeks.

For instance, for first year, we had 4 exams during anatomy, 3 exams during MCBM, and 4 exams for physio/histo. Anatomy and MCBM also have quizzes in between exams. For second year, you do only have one exam each block once you start the organ systems. You have to pass every block exam to pass the course.

Then, you have ICM (basically Doctoring 101) exams in between those. They are generally very easy, and people just cram the night/hours before. No real studying for these.

EDIT: http://www.jefferson.edu/jmc/admissions/Academic_Calendar.cfm You can see the exam schedule for first year here.

Last edited:
All exams are on Friday except during the Neuro block where you have an exam every Monday. Exams are usually every 3-4 weeks.

For instance, for first year, we had 4 exams during anatomy, 3 exams during MCBM, and 4 exams for physio/histo. Anatomy and MCBM also have quizzes in between exams. For second year, you do only have one exam each block once you start the organ systems. You have to pass every block exam to pass the course.

Then, you have ICM (basically Doctoring 101) exams in between those. They are generally very easy, and people just cram the night/hours before. No real studying for these.

EDIT: http://www.jefferson.edu/jmc/admissions/Academic_Calendar.cfm You can see the exam schedule for first year here.

Actually, they did away with the quizzes in anatomy for us this year. We only had four written exams, and four practicals. I've heard that they're even considering having the written and practical on Thursday and Friday, but I'm not sure if that will be the case for the M1's in August.

Actually, they did away with the quizzes in anatomy for us this year. We only had four written exams, and four practicals. I've heard that they're even considering having the written and practical on Thursday and Friday, but I'm not sure if that will be the case for the M1's in August.

I was told at my interview that the changes they made for anatomy this year really didn't work so well and they had several people fail as a result, so maybe the quizzes will make a return for next year?

Actually, they did away with the quizzes in anatomy for us this year.

Interesting. I didn't know that.

The quizzes do help some people, but they didn't count for that much toward the final grade if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
Just accepted off the high priority wait list. Interviewed 2/15. So happy right now!

Congrats- great to see some wait list movement!

Congrats!!

LOVED jefferson, but withdrew this week due to $$$ reasons. Hope it goes to one of you guys!

Hi Everyone,

I got the call today from Dr Callahan, in off the HP waitlist! Interviewed 2/22. So excited!!

Dr. Callahan said that they were now able to start looking at the waitlist, so good luck to everyone else out there!

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

I got the call today from Dr Callahan, in off the HP waitlist! Interviewed 2/26. So excited!!

Dr. Callahan said that they were now able to start looking at the waitlist, so good luck to everyone else out there!

Congrats! Would you mind sharing your stats? :)

Congrats! Would you mind sharing your stats? :)

Thank you and sure!

3.65 GPA / 3.5 SGPA from UC Davis (California)
32 MCAT

I sent a letter of recommendation from my volunteering experience right after I was put on the wait list, and then sent a letter of intent about a month after that. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.