2011-2012 SUNY Upstate Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interview invite via status page!

Anyone know how many interview vs accepted?

Members don't see this ad.

Interview invite via status page!
Congrats! If I remember correctly you had pretty good stats, right? (So they're not quite down to us filler applicants yet? :p)

Anyone know how many interview vs accepted?

4945 applied (1945 IS)
739 interviewed (565 IS)
372 accepted (295 IS)
161 enrolled (130 IS)

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! If I remember correctly you had pretty good stats, right? (So they're not quite down to us filler applicants yet? :p)

4945 applied (1945 IS)
739 interviewed (565 IS)
372 accepted (295 IS)
161 enrolled (130 IS)

MCAT: 30<X<35
GPA: 3.8<X<4.0

And I don't think YOU are a filler applicant - youll be hearing soon :cool:

4945 applied (1945 IS)
739 interviewed (565 IS)
372 accepted (295 IS)
161 enrolled (130 IS)

lol
i'm surprised that a new yorker applied to so few state schools
stony brook is a great school and gives a lot of in-state love

i'm surprised that a new yorker applied to so few state schools
stony brook is a great school and gives a lot of in-state love

I was born and raised in NY but went to school at Michigan St (and my parents have since moved to NC). I have been independent for a while now, so my residence is technically in Michigan. However I have no intention of hanging around Michigan, so I gave up my in-state schools and am rolling the dice elsewhere. You guys are going to laugh at me when I say this, but this application cycle is sort of a 'practice run' for me while I wait for my grades in my current graduate program. If I don't get in to a school this cycle I'll reapply more broadly with (hopefully) an upward grade trend... but I'd prefer not to take the extra year if I had my choice. :xf:

nah i didn't laugh, it makes sense even though it's somewhat expensive. i'd also rather get in with one shot and your stats are okay. good luck man.

for those of you who found out that they got interview invites via the status page, where did you check it? i logged in and clicked on fall 2012, but it just leads me to a summary of my application :(

Yeah I log on to the secondary website and it says application summary...

Is this the location where an interview invite shows up?

Any Canadian interviewing on September 28th? There seemed to be a lot of dates to choose from, so I guess we're going to be a small group?

Last edited:
I received an email but if you look at the emails they sent you, there's a link to the status page.

Members don't see this ad :)
After getting the interview invite, it asks for essays, photos, Fall grades and "Upload Your Class List". What's "Upload Your Class List"?

Do I upload my entire transcript here?

Sorry for the late reply. Was MIA enjoying my last few weeks of summer! Anyway, as far as I remember this is definitely not uploading an entire transcript. I think if you're in school currently you're just meant to manually enter what courses you're taking at the time of your application.

so anybody know if interview is going to be open/closed file...from my understanding of interview feedback it seemed that it was mostly open file until recently it became closed file?....anyone can confirm?

so anybody know if interview is going to be open/closed file...from my understanding of interview feedback it seemed that it was mostly open file until recently it became closed file?....anyone can confirm?

last year's thread makes it seem like it is closed file- your interviewers have access only to the 2 essays you had to write.

Definitely closed file. Like someone said, the only thing interviewers have is the two essays you submit.

People who have gotten holds, when were you considered complete?

Anyone scheduled for an interview have any luck with finding overnight hosts? I've been checking the website list pretty frequently and haven't been seeing anything...

I have an interview here as well...How long are you guys making your essays, since they don't give a maximum limit. I could ramble on about the activities/interests one forever lol

I ramble but try to add only information that is new.

+1 HOLD

How long does it take for a complete application to receive some answer? Mine was complete on 9/6... I've been checking the status page everyday...

I have a 34 on the MCAT 4.0 GPA. I have been complete since aug 24th! shoudl i expect an invite? and when lol I am OOS filled with anxiety

Hi,

I have an interview for next Wednesday (yay!) and was just wondering if there is anywhere to find a general schedule for my interview day? I can't seem to find anything more than when to arrive at the campus...

Thanks,
EC89

830am - introduction
9am-1130am (30 minutes- 1hr between these two times) first interview
1130am - 12pm information session
12pm-1pm tour
1pm-230pm second interview

when you are not interviewing (for example, if your first interview is 9-930) then you can walk around, sit-in on classes etc.

I'm getting anxious thinking about the interview... :laugh:

I think we go to the admissions office - 766 Irving Ave by 8:30AM.

Don't be nervous! We're so nice! But seriously, the entire day is completely low stress, and I promise when it's all over you'll wonder why you were ever so nervous.

830am - introduction
9am-1130am (30 minutes- 1hr between these two times) first interview
1130am - 12pm information session
12pm-1pm tour
1pm-230pm second interview

when you are not interviewing (for example, if your first interview is 9-930) then you can walk around, sit-in on classes etc.
Excellent, thanks!

Pre-Interview Hold People:

NO WORRIES! I got that message in September then got an invite in December and then accepted in February...and guess who is an MSI at SUNY Upstate :) So definitely NOT a silent rejection! E-mail updates, call every month or so to make sure they received them and your file is up to date. Happy applying!

Pre-Interview Hold People:

NO WORRIES! I got that message in September then got an invite in December and then accepted in February...and guess who is an MSI at SUNY Upstate :) So definitely NOT a silent rejection! E-mail updates, call every month or so to make sure they received them and your file is up to date. Happy applying!

This is great to hear! Thanks!

How long does it take the school to get back after interview?

Would anybody happen to know how the school feels about update letters?

Would anybody happen to know how the school feels about update letters?

post interview there is a link on the page to submit updates but I am not sure about pre-interview.

had nightmare last night that my app was placed on HOLD. :(

Did people get a confirmation email after picking an interview date? It said on the website that I would, but I never got one. What does it say?

Coming up on the 2 month mark since completion and no word yet. Thanks for throwing my application in the abyss lil' Ms. SUNY Upstate Adcom lady :p

i dont understand how this works... Are apps being reviewed as first come first serve or something like that? Does it mean they are processing apps that completed over 2 months ago? Can ppl that got interviews confirm when they complete and when they got interview invites/rejection/hold?

Did people get a confirmation email after picking an interview date? It said on the website that I would, but I never got one. What does it say?

I didn't get an interview confirmation. I did get a reminder the day before though!

no but they did send me a congratulations and told me about the binghamton open houses 2 days after the initial interview invitation

Thanks! :D just wanted to make sure my email didn't filter something out.

Been complete since 8/24. OS STILL waiting

Status
Not open for further replies.