2011-2012 University of Louisville Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
II yesterday! OOS but strong IS ties

Members don't see this ad.

Anybody else get this message:

The University of Louisville Admissions Committee has not made a decision on your file. Your file has not been wait listed or placed on hold and therefore, will be made available to the committee at subsequent committee meetings.

The remaining committee meeting dates will be the second and fourth Tuesday of each month through March 2012. You will receive an email on the Wednesday following the Tuesday meetings to update your file status.

Does that mean that they have not reviewed my file yet?

does anyone know if there is any group on facebook for class of 2016? I can't seem to find one.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody else get this message:

The University of Louisville Admissions Committee has not made a decision on your file. Your file has not been wait listed or placed on hold and therefore, will be made available to the committee at subsequent committee meetings.

The remaining committee meeting dates will be the second and fourth Tuesday of each month through March 2012. You will receive an email on the Wednesday following the Tuesday meetings to update your file status.

Does that mean that they have not reviewed my file yet?

Only got that message after every admissions committee meeting for the past two years. The admissions office told me it means exactly what it says, that the committee has not made a decision on you. They may or may not have looked at your file this past meeting. That's good because it means they haven't thrown you out of the runnings. Usually it means they are waiting to see how you compare to the later applicants or to see if you send updates to your application. They aren't sure about you. Do something to MAKE them sure they want you.

wtf i've been complete since 8/3 and have NEVER received that email. i am OOS but WHY wouldn't they send me that email to let me know i'm stilll in the running? i haven't been rejected either i don't think (no email). status page just tells me that i was complete and (secondary receipt received) that's it :(

wtf i've been complete since 8/3 and have NEVER received that email. i am OOS but WHY wouldn't they send me that email to let me know i'm stilll in the running? i haven't been rejected either i don't think (no email). status page just tells me that i was complete and (secondary receipt received) that's it :(

have you been interviewed? they only send it to people who they are considering for admission, not for interviews.

haven't been interviewed. you're right that's probably why. does UofL do silent rejections?

Interviewed Oct.26th and my email last Wednesday said they still haven't gotten to me *face smash into wall*. Anyone else in the same boat? I figured my early-ish interview would result in an answer by the end of the year, so now I'm a bit worried.

I received an interview invite here last Thursday for Janurary. I'm an Illinois resident, 3.9 cGPA, 3.85 sGPA, 28N. I am pretty excited to have an opportunity to interview here as an OOS applicant and even more so since UofL has a dedicated rural track.

Any tips and/or advice would be appreciated.

i hope to receive an interview here soon! how full is the class and how many acceptances have been offered?

Has anyone heard anything about scholarships? I know last year nothing came out until March or April, but I was wondering if this year might be different.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how they do grades? Is it pass fail or do they assign letter grades?

Another Q. For those who have been accepted any idea if there is a text book list they give?I'm not going to buy anything yet but might as well keep my eyes open if I see a good deal.

Another Q. For those who have been accepted any idea if there is a text book list they give?I'm not going to buy anything yet but might as well keep my eyes open if I see a good deal.

Not sure about a list but I know many students don't buy the books at all, and some buy them then never open them. The profs make very (VERY!) thorough "course packs" which are basically their own personal notes and outlines for each lecture. It's really nice.

They definitely use Pass/ Fail/ Pass with Honors, but they're changing the curriculum so much that you never know what will happen with that.

And yeah if anyone knows anything about the scholarship situation, go ahead and chime in! I'm curious too.

I bought all the required text books and some of the recommended ones. The only book that was useful was Netter's. Each class sells the class below it a pack of notes called Gross Notes, with everything you need for anatomy including notes, study guides, old tests, etc. It also comes with a flash drive with similar resources for you other first year courses. Since all class notes are posted on Blackboard, I wouldn't bother to buy any of the books except Netter's. I got an international edition on eBay for pretty cheap. If you want multiple physical resources at your disposal, pick up some of the High Yield or BRS series, but I personally didn't find them to be very helpful. Most of the professors have good notes. There are a few that come to mind who do not. I just used Gross Notes or Wikipedia to supplement those notes.

I doubt our Honors/Pass/Fail system will change with the changing curriculum. At this point there have only been two major changes to the first year curriculum--Genetics, which was previously a 2nd year course, is now integrated with Biochem during 1st year, and the second half of Neuro is squeezed into 3 weeks at the beginning of Spring semester, so we just start Physio and Biochem after that. I can't speak to any changes going on with the 2nd year schedule.

At this point there have only been two major changes to the first year curriculum--Genetics, which was previously a 2nd year course, is now integrated with Biochem during 1st year, and the second half of Neuro is squeezed into 3 weeks at the beginning of Spring semester, so we just start Physio and Biochem after that. I can't speak to any changes going on with the 2nd year schedule.

Thanks for the advice! How's your first day of neuro? What is it today, something like four hours of electrophysiology lecture? :)

Thread stalker here...

I've been searching but have not found an answer online. Does anyone know if they accept pre-interview update letters? If so, email or snail mail submission preference?

Congrats accepted folks!

I have been complete since Forever ago with NO news. Still no interview invite. Does anyone know if they send out pre-interview rejections or are they just stringing me along for a "silent" rejection? My last update was in July.
Thanks.

I got the same message as before. The "The University of Louisville Admissions Committee has not made a decision on your file. Your file has not been wait listed or placed on hold and therefore, will be made available to the committee at subsequent committee meetings." email.

I interviewed Nov. 10th. I wonder if they have not got to my file at all or are just not sure if they like me yet or not. Guess I'm waiting another two weeks....

I interviewed in Oct and am still getting the under review email. I assume this is pretty much a rejection at this point, right?

I was wondering the same thing. Interviewed the first week of November and have yet to hear anything aside from the 'no decision' message.

If I recall correctly, the $100 deposit is due 2 weeks after acceptance. You mail a check. They email instructions along with the acceptance.

If I recall correctly, the $100 deposit is due 2 weeks after acceptance. You mail a check. They email instructions along with the acceptance.

thank you, I was jus wondering if the two weeks grace period for the deposit starts when i received the email of acceptance or the paper acceptance packet in the mail....I guess I'll call the office to find out....

thank you, I was jus wondering if the two weeks grace period for the deposit starts when i received the email of acceptance or the paper acceptance packet in the mail....I guess I'll call the office to find out....

Pretty sure it's the email acceptance.

deff 2 weeks from the email. My snail mail took a full week to travel the 3 miles from school to my apartment, and they wouldn't let me accept any way except sending back the little "yes or no" paper in that envelope.

Accepted today! II 12/15 Interview 1/17.

Really feeling the Kentucky love!

Does anyone know if it is still possible for an OOSer to get an interview at this point in the application cycle? I have strong ties to Louisville that I tried to express to the admissions committee

Does anyone know if it is still possible for an OOSer to get an interview at this point in the application cycle? I have strong ties to Louisville that I tried to express to the admissions committee

I'm OOS from Illinois and I just interviewed at UofL yesterday. Don't give up!

So in the acceptance they said to keep the LEVEL of your GPA do they mean you can't drop at all? It seems to me that might be a little ridiculous..... Big drop I could understand but it seems a little should not be a problem (assume less than a tenth of a point).

Now that we are approaching the informational date (Feb. 18), does anyone know if there has been any updates on scholarship information? About when in the timeline does this information usually become available?

Edit: typo

Last edited:
Now that we are approaching the informational date (Feb. 18), does anyone know if there been any updates on scholarship information? About when in the timeline does this information usually become available?

From reading last year's thread, it doesn't seem like it came out until March.

Does anyone know how full that class is at this moment? Granted a lot of people will drop offers as May comes around but I'm still getting the "have yet to make a decision" emails every other Wednesday. I interviewed late October, 3.5 undergrad GPA, 3.8 graduate GPA (finishing M.S. in May), 30Q MCAT and lots of ECs and experience. I feel like I put together a strong application and I interviewed well, but now that January is up I'm getting more and more worried about my chances. Any thoughts/advice?

Last edited:

I am OOS and just received an interview invitation today.

I'm OOS as well and just got an II today. Don't lose hope yet!

I must have been excluded from this batch of OOS interviews :( do you guys mind sharing your stats? (Please PM if you prefer)

Received lunch order forms for the Pre Orientation on February 18th today via email.

Does anyone know the schedule for the day? It asks on the form if we intend on staying for a "walk-through" tour of the medical school.

Also, it's been a few days since I've asked this: anyone with scholarship news?

Well, I got this email yesterday:

The University of Louisville School of Medicine Admissions Committee met on Tuesday, February 14. The decision was made to begin wait list selections. Candidates previously placed on hold, are no longer in that status and will be considered for wait list along with the remainder of the pool of interviewed applicants. All interviewed candidates are still under consideration and can expect a decision no later than the Wednesday following the March 20 committee meeting.

While we have the latitude to make a limited number of additional admissions offers, the more realistic action going forward will be a decision on whether or not to offer candidates a wait list opportunity.

Pamela D. Osborne
Director, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Admissions

I interviewed in November so I suppose I'll hear something (waitlist, deny, acceptance!) March 21. Anybody else get this message?

Got the same thing. Sounds like a rejection to me.

Haven't heard anything from U of L since September. Guess things don't look too good for me now. Best of luck to everyone who has interviewed.

Status
Not open for further replies.