2011-2012 Wake Forest University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's great! So you got called today?

I got the call yesterday. Apparently someone cancelled their interview and I got their spot. I had been calling the admissions office and asking about my status and if there were any cancellations, for a couple of weeks. I am pretty sure that's what got me over the hump.

Members don't see this ad.

Called admissions yesterday. All the interview spots are indeed taken right now, but if there are cancellations then they will extend an invite to fill the spot.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when the admissions committee meets?

I'm not sure how often they meet, or whether meetings occur at regularly-spaced intervals, but we were told there will definitely be a meeting next Wednesday (March 7th). Hope that helps!

I'm not sure how often they meet, or whether meetings occur at regularly-spaced intervals, but we were told there will definitely be a meeting next Wednesday (March 7th). Hope that helps!

:xf::xf::xf:

Good news anyone?

Nothing yet. If and when I hear good news, my first act will be to post here. My second act will be to streak naked through the halls of my workplace with maracas and a sombrero.

Got an II this morning! Scheduled for March 21st. Somebody must've cancelled their invite so I was fortunate enough to pick it up!

If someone else wants to withdraw from their interview, I would be more than happy to pick it up. I mean I wouldn't want it to go to waste or anything :D

Accepted!!! I have no freaking clue what to do with myself right now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do acceptances go out via email, phone call, or change in status page?

Hey, does anybody know when Wake Forest lets you know about scholarship money?

Anyone interviewing this Friday??? Ideas on where to stay?

I stayed at the Hawthorne Inn. The accommodations were nice, and they give you a pretty steep discount if you tell them you're interviewing. They also have a shuttle to the medical center, though I can't comment on its reliability because I just drove my rental car (the route was short and direct).

They said the admissions committee is meeting today so people might hear some news on Friday.

They told me that they would meet on the 22nd and that I would hear back the following week.

I haven't gotten a request for an interview yet, but I haven't gotten a rejection yet either. Is it still possible to get an interview invitation?

I haven't gotten a request for an interview yet, but I haven't gotten a rejection yet either. Is it still possible to get an interview invitation?

Yes, its possible. I'm in the same situation. In the event someone cancels an interview in the upcoming month its *possible* they'll invite you to fill the spot.

Yes, its possible. I'm in the same situation. In the event someone cancels an interview in the upcoming month its *possible* they'll invite you to fill the spot.

Same situation here, but I doubt there will be much movement at this point.

sure. I just glanced at it this morning, a lot more ortho, derm and neurosurgery than in recent years.

I'm on the alternate list. Does anyone know how fast the alternate list moves at Wake, or how many people are on it?

Accepted last night OOS.

Could you answer some other questions please! Did you send it one/several update letters? Also sharing your stats would be greatly appreciated it! If you don't feel comfortable doing that its okay. Thanks.

For anyone else currently on the wait list, the admissions office said that there are about 300 people on it.

Did they give you any indication of your relatively position on it?

They didn't tell me my rank. They did mention that a lot of the people on the wait list have acceptances at other schools, and have yet to let Wake know. So, many of the people currently on the wait list will be removed from it come May 1st.

That's encouraging! Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my DROIDX using SDN Mobile

Could you answer some other questions please! Did you send it one/several update letters? Also sharing your stats would be greatly appreciated it! If you don't feel comfortable doing that its okay. Thanks.

I interviewed on March 5th and got accepted last Friday night. I did not send anything in since before my interview. However, I did send in several update letters as well as a letter of interest before my interview. I think sending in these things help me get an interview.

As far as stats, I don't think that is really important. Once you get an interview they have already deemed you academically competent and it is just more about who you are and whether you will fit in with the current student body/ faculty.

I hope this helped PM me if you have other questions (or really need to know stats I just dont feel like posting them in the forum) .

Status
Not open for further replies.