2011-2012 Wake Forest University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just withdrew my spot! Congrats and good luck to the next person to come off the waitlist

Members don't see this ad.

Just withdrew my spot! Congrats and good luck to the next person to come off the waitlist

I guess that was me! Accepted this afternoon after interviewing in October. Good luck to everyone still waiting!:xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
These 4/30 and 5/1 acceptances are making me nervous! Congrats to you guys. I hope there are plenty of more withdrawals to keep the waitlist moving! I wonder if the committee is meeting again today because the 5/1 deadline was yesterday.

hey guys. just wanted to see what would you say are some of the quick pros and cons about Wake Forest?

Hey all-

Been on the waitlist since October. Sent in a bunch of letters cause I really liked the school. Just got accepted today. 3.5/37R OOS (if that matters). First acceptance so very relieved.

Hey all-

Been on the waitlist since October. Sent in a bunch of letters cause I really liked the school. Just got accepted today. 3.5/37R OOS (if that matters). First acceptance so very relieved.
Congratulations! Hopefully there's some good news for the rest of us soon :).

Hey all-

awesome!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all-

Same for me!!! except I've been on the waitlist since December. Feels amazing to finally get the first acceptance, and to have it be from my first choice school. dc1112, will I be seeing you in the fall?
On another note, anyone looking for a roommate, or know of anyone looking for a roommate feel free to PM me.
Hang in there guys

hey guys. just wanted to see what would you say are some of the quick pros and cons about Wake Forest?
pros (that I've noted thus far, I've only just finished first year) - early clinical experience, relatively early start to clinical rotations (which is apparently awesome), relatively small class size, and surprisingly good diversity in our class, and in my class at least, students are generally sociable and fun to be around (this matters... a lot).

cons - curriculum does not focus on step I prep, relatively early start to clinical rotations (which means... less time for step I prep, we take it in April... almost two months earlier than everyone else), put two and two together and you can imagine that we end up with average board scores. That said, a lot of students do really well, but that has more to do with their own abilities and individual prep. Administration is implementing curriculum changes to address this, the new dean is supposedly really cracking down on this issue. I suppose we'll see how it goes, but the new dean of education is supposedly really great...

threads been pretty quiet, anyone heard of any more withdrawals or acceptances recently? I tried to ask Irene about my wait list position but she was pretty vague saying "it could go either way". Did anyone else ask her about their positions?

threads been pretty quiet, anyone heard of any more withdrawals or acceptances recently? I tried to ask Irene about my wait list position but she was pretty vague saying "it could go either way". Did anyone else ask her about their positions?

lol

I asked about position as well and she said "we don't rank." It seems that they're about as transparent as a blackboard about this whole wait list thing

I withdrew my acceptance today, hope my spot goes to one of you guys.

I called a right after the May 15th deadline and they said they were booked and didn't expect many more drops. Seems like this ship has sailed on my friend

I asked about position as well and she said "we don't rank." It seems that they're about as transparent as a blackboard about this whole wait list thing

I called a right after the May 15th deadline and they said they were booked and didn't expect many more drops. Seems like this ship has sailed on my friend

Why didn't you say that in the first post??? A remark about how little info they give out only to hold back an interesting comment yourself.

lolz no need to get upset, don't think it made a big difference either way. o well, it's been fun guys (kind of). gonna stop compulsively checking this thread now

I got accepted a while back and plan on attending. I was speaking with one of the admissions officers about two weeks ago and asked about the class. I was told that it was full. This came about ten days after the May 15th deadline. Sorry to post this so late, but I was informed they expected very little more movement. She did say that they would continue to fill any spots if they had others drop.

I got accepted a while back and plan on attending. I was speaking with one of the admissions officers about two weeks ago and asked about the class. I was told that it was full. This came about ten days after the May 15th deadline. Sorry to post this so late, but I was informed they expected very little more movement. She did say that they would continue to fill any spots if they had others drop.

On that note, I am giving up hope for Wake. Good luck everyone!

"Big Gulps eh? ... Welp, see ya later!"

Status
Not open for further replies.