2011 Waitlist Blues

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
slow day... only 2 more days!!!!! i can't take a bad outcome. i don't know how i am going to handle it. at the same time, a positive outcome after all this waiting would be so shocking i might fall off my seat! this is nuts.

...there is always hope for next year! All those who do not get in this time will start the appl process soon.

A person from my program had an interview at Argosy YESTERDAY!!! I mean this was April 12th....give me a break.

I know it is better re-applying to programs than out of desperation do something like that. IMHO

Members don't see this ad.

...there is always hope for next year! All those who do not get in this time will start the appl process soon.

A person from my program had an interview at Argosy YESTERDAY!!! I mean this was April 12th....give me a break.

I know it is better re-applying to programs than out of desperation do something like that. IMHO

I am planning to apply again in the Fall if I don't get in this year, but I was just really hoping not to have to do that. This is already my 2nd time (after a shot-in-the-dark 1st time) applying to doctoral programs, I went back for my Masters, and now I've tried again. My husband and I are at a point where we'd both be looking for work if I don't get in, and it just makes sense to move now if we're going to move. But anyway... I guess it's not really up to me what happens anymore. I just need to accept whatever comes. :confused:

I am planning to apply again in the Fall if I don't get in this year, but I was just really hoping not to have to do that. This is already my 2nd time (after a shot-in-the-dark 1st time) applying to doctoral programs, I went back for my Masters, and now I've tried again. My husband and I are at a point where we'd both be looking for work if I don't get in, and it just makes sense to move now if we're going to move. But anyway... I guess it's not really up to me what happens anymore. I just need to accept whatever comes. :confused:

Sorry to hear that. I was on one wait-list and got one offer that I happily accepted. I was horrified by the thought to have to go through this again but would have. I only applied to four programs and picked those that not only met my interests but also would not be overly competitive since my GRE math scores really sucked.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email this morning from the department secretary saying that I had been ACCEPTED at IUP. I am so excited, my top choice and only acceptance!

Good luck to everyone else!

I started applying to Widener but when I was about to submit my four essays I realized that the sum of all four cannot exceed 1000 characters even though the number was written above the space for the first essay...very confusing...

also, they said they never received my appl fee even though I tried to submit it and the system told me it is waived fro all submitting before Jan 1st...only to hear from them something like 'this cannot be'...

Agreed on the word limit part. Very confusing for me also but after some checking back and forth, the limit was only for two of the essays I believe. They totally did not make it obvious; I had to "test" out the word limit for all of the essays.

On the app fee: that's weird cause when I applied there is not even an option to pay online! You were supposed to send them a check, I was told. I was in quite a state to learn that cause I cut the deadline a bit close thinking I can settle everything online.

La Salle has officially set their cohort for next year. I didn't get it. :(

So I'm trying to find on the threads people's advice about going to a Clinical PsyD program you are not too thrilled about. I applied to a program but when I went to the interview, I was not too happy with the location or the training. Many of the students live far away and commute in for the 2 days of classes a week. Now, it's my only acceptance.

Anyone have advice? Do I take off time to get more experience and try again? Or be happy with the one acceptance, especially when many other students haven't gotten in?

So quiet, I thought there'd be more news this week. D-day tomorrow! Icant believe it's finally here. Good luck everyone!!!!!!!!!!

Released an offer for Southern Illinois University Carbondale Counseling program. I hope this helps someone! I was so close to accepting the offer and feel sad that I won't be going, but glad someone else will have the opportunity.

I just got accepted to suffolk university clinical psychology Phd program off the waitlist. I am sooo excited, for everyone still waiting there is still hope (I was beginning to lose most of mine). Hopefully tomorrow is a good day for all good luck.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE TODAY!! Hopefully you will all get the news you've been waiting for! :xf::xf::xf:

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE TODAY!! Hopefully you will all get the news you've been waiting for! :xf::xf::xf:

Is it true that some people on wait lists may actually hear the results after 15th because some people may wait until the end of today to accept or reject the offer?

Is it true that some people on wait lists may actually hear the results after 15th because some people may wait until the end of today to accept or reject the offer?
Yes, my profs at my masters program told me that because a lot of people with offers wait until today, us people on the waitlist may here on today or shortly thereafter. This was confirmed by my contacts w/ the profs at the schools I am on the waitlist for. bleeeaahh!!! but on the other hand, just because you don't hear something today doesn't mean it's actually over!!!!! :D

Yes, my profs at my masters program told me that because a lot of people with offers wait until today, us people on the waitlist may here on today or shortly thereafter. This was confirmed by my contacts w/ the profs at the schools I am on the waitlist for. bleeeaahh!!! but on the other hand, just because you don't hear something today doesn't mean it's actually over!!!!! :D
That's a comfort for a few more hours~! :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Got rejected by the school I was waiting for :( so I accepted my #2 and only offer - great school, awful location

But as a note for some of you still waiting... the director of my program said she was going to have our cohort set by Saturday because they are still waiting on one more to decide, so yes - it is VERY possible you hear still tomorrow or early next week too.

Good luck to you all! :luck:

Got rejected by the school I was waiting for :( so I accepted my #2 and only offer - great school, awful location

But as a note for some of you still waiting... the director of my program said she was going to have our cohort set by Saturday because they are still waiting on one more to decide, so yes - it is VERY possible you hear still tomorrow or early next week too.

Good luck to you all! :luck:

sorry to hear that, but on the bright side, you are going somewhere - congrats!!! what schools/programs are you referring to on both counts?

nothing yet... :/ do you think they will be contacting us over the weekend?? i'm trying to hold out hope that it's not over yet.

Well I found out today that I did not get into 2 out of my 3 remaining waitlist schools. But last night, I got an email from one school saying that there is ONE spot left, and there is a 3-way tie (between me & 2 other ppl) on who to give it to! The faculty are meeting on weds to decide who will be admitted. This is just insane!!! I really want to be admitted, but at the same time I have given up all hope. I cried hysterically today knowing that the dream is probably over, and I'm going to have to relive this hell all over again next year! Hope others had better luck - but judging from the lack of posts on here I'm doubtful of that :(

Well I found out today that I did not get into 2 out of my 3 remaining waitlist schools. But last night, I got an email from one school saying that there is ONE spot left, and there is a 3-way tie (between me & 2 other ppl) on who to give it to! The faculty are meeting on weds to decide who will be admitted. This is just insane!!! I really want to be admitted, but at the same time I have given up all hope. I cried hysterically today knowing that the dream is probably over, and I'm going to have to relive this hell all over again next year! Hope others had better luck - but judging from the lack of posts on here I'm doubtful of that :(

a 3-way tie? how is that possible? Thats so frustrating good luick!..maybe ask them if theres anything you can do in 48 hours to sway their decision haha.

a 3-way tie? how is that possible? Thats so frustrating good luick!..maybe ask them if theres anything you can do in 48 hours to sway their decision haha.
I don't know it's so weird!! I think part of it may be bc the interview day was cancelled due to snow, so we had phone interviews and everyone talked to diff ppl, so there must've been a difference in opinion. She asked me to send her an email reiterating my research interests and how flexible I'm willing to be - I guess in case I need to work with someone that's not my original top choices. Honestly I don't even care at this point as long as I get in!! It just seems highly strange at this point and I am not holding out too much hope. :/

That is really, really brutal.

Yep. I didn't get in off the waitlist for my first choice. I received an email last week and went with my sec choice which is now my first choice. BUT remember, saribou13, it does happen!! G'luck - if not this year, hopefully next year.

thanks for the support guys!!! i'll let you know.. if not, see you next year :p

What happened, saribou? It sounds like a nail-biting few days...
Ugh horrible!! I was just sitting here depressed, and then I got an email saying that the DCT is sick so there's going to be a delay in hearing back now... My god!! I mean just put me out of my misery already people! This is so horrible. Thanks fir your support though, it means a lot to me :D

Ugh horrible!! I was just sitting here depressed, and then I got an email saying that the DCT is sick so there's going to be a delay in hearing back now... My god!! I mean just put me out of my misery already people! This is so horrible. Thanks fir your support though, it means a lot to me :D

Oh good lord!!! That's nuts!!! Did they give you at least some idea of when they might get back to you? It ain't over yet! :xf:

Great thread! Was consoling to hear lots of people in the same boat as me the for the last week or so...thought I would share my story...

Applied to 11 funded clinical phd programs...

Interviewed and rejected at 2 in february

2nd choice of POI at 1 (rejected) end of February....

5 more straight rejections through to the end of March, hadn't heard from remaining three schools as of April 14... Lost all hope, figure I will be spending a year doing research....

Contact last three schools on April 15 for status update assuming the worst... Surprised to hear that I am waitlisted at all three (despite not interviewing???) Glad I was seriously considered by so many schools, but still not overly hopeful...

Called to do back to back interviews last week via skype at 1 school...

Official offer of admission and funding letter in the mail....

Wow... I went from depressed to over-it and try again next year, to surprised, and then finally to thrilled to be accepted.... What a crazy up and down experience this has been... I guess there is always hope until you get a final word from every school you applied, even as late as now.... looking forward to september....

Great thread! Was consoling to hear lots of people in the same boat as me the for the last week or so...thought I would share my story...

Applied to 11 funded clinical phd programs...

Interviewed and rejected at 2 in february

2nd choice of POI at 1 (rejected) end of February....

5 more straight rejections through to the end of March, hadn't heard from remaining three schools as of April 14... Lost all hope, figure I will be spending a year doing research....

Contact last three schools on April 15 for status update assuming the worst... Surprised to hear that I am waitlisted at all three (despite not interviewing???) Glad I was seriously considered by so many schools, but still not overly hopeful...

Called to do back to back interviews last week via skype at 1 school...

Official offer of admission and funding letter in the mail....

Wow... I went from depressed to over-it and try again next year, to surprised, and then finally to thrilled to be accepted.... What a crazy up and down experience this has been... I guess there is always hope until you get a final word from every school you applied, even as late as now.... looking forward to september....

you interviewed via skype? Thats pretty cool!

Yeah, it was really short notice and I guess it saves on phone bills and travel expenses....

I'm STILL waiting to hear back on my situation!!! I wonder if the profs may have been delayed due to the Easter weekend... Either that or they made an offer to one of the other 2 people (obviously not me, that would be too easy!) and now they're waiting to hear back before letting us know for sure?? It just seems odd bc they had been keeping us regularly updated up to this point... ;(

I'm STILL waiting to hear back on my situation!!! I wonder if the profs may have been delayed due to the Easter weekend... Either that or they made an offer to one of the other 2 people (obviously not me, that would be too easy!) and now they're waiting to hear back before letting us know for sure?? It just seems odd bc they had been keeping us regularly updated up to this point... ;(

Holy crap, saribou. I keep checking back here to see if you've gotten any word and even I am picking up some of that anxiety- I can only imagine how this is for you. But this can't last forever ... right?

Did they give you any indication of when they might let you know? I too have been checking on here periodically to see if you've heard anything new. Hang in there!

What does one usually do to contact a program who still has openings? They have people to contact listed, but do you mention that you saw the opening listed on the APA website?

What does one usually do to contact a program who still has openings? They have people to contact listed, but do you mention that you saw the opening listed on the APA website?

Why not mentioning where you saw it?? Wouldn't hurt.

Did they give you any indication of when they might let you know? I too have been checking on here periodically to see if you've heard anything new. Hang in there!

Hey guys... So I did end up hearing back about a week and a half ago - saying that unfortunately, I was not chosen :mad: Obviously, this was very upsetting news. In some ways, though, I have actually begun to feel better than I have in months. I was on the waitlist at 4 schools, and while I still can't believe that NOTHING panned out, it was horrible waiting for all those months, not knowing what was going on with my life. I had good days and bad days, but probably more bad than good! Now at least I know that I need to start mobilizing myself again.

Never to be deterred once I set my mind on something, I am planning to apply again in the fall. So, if anyone else on here didn't get in, maybe I'll see you back here again! lol I am graduating with my Masters in Counseling this coming week, so I planning to look for work as a therapist for this year while I reapply. It's weird because I haven't even been able to give myself credit for that, because I've been so worked up about all this stupid doctoral program ****! So I am trying to just enjoy the moment.

Good luck to everyone in whatever path you end up taking, and thanks again for the support. Even though this virtual world of meeting people is odd, it is also very helpful! :luck:

Hey guys... So I did end up hearing back about a week and a half ago - saying that unfortunately, I was not chosen :mad: Obviously, this was very upsetting news. In some ways, though, I have actually begun to feel better than I have in months. I was on the waitlist at 4 schools, and while I still can't believe that NOTHING panned out, it was horrible waiting for all those months, not knowing what was going on with my life. I had good days and bad days, but probably more bad than good! Now at least I know that I need to start mobilizing myself again.

Never to be deterred once I set my mind on something, I am planning to apply again in the fall. So, if anyone else on here didn't get in, maybe I'll see you back here again! lol I am graduating with my Masters in Counseling this coming week, so I planning to look for work as a therapist for this year while I reapply. It's weird because I haven't even been able to give myself credit for that, because I've been so worked up about all this stupid doctoral program ****! So I am trying to just enjoy the moment.

Good luck to everyone in whatever path you end up taking, and thanks again for the support. Even though this virtual world of meeting people is odd, it is also very helpful! :luck:

Saribou, I know that it is indeed greatly crappy not to have received an offer. (I did it once and came close a second time, being accepted off of a waitlist myself... and I now/almost (?) wish I hadn't but that's another story :smuggrin:). Try not to let it get to you, and it seems that you're going in the right direction. Make the best of your plan and put everything into it. If you start focusing on the negatives of your current situation, they will weigh you down and help craft you into the bitter advanced graduate student that many of us come to be in our advanced years sooner than need be . . . and well before you are even admitted, which will make your studies a helluva long trip. You don't want to be burned out on grad school before you get started or shortly after. It happens to many folks as is without working at it.

G'luck! :luck:

yea i don't want that to happen! i'm hoping it doesn't :)

Just wanted to say that Loyola MD sent out invites from their waiting list. I'll be declining, if anyone is still waiting to hear.