2012-2013 Indiana University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In process, as well... So to clarify: has anyone been accepted off the waitlist to a campus besides Terre Haute??

Members don't see this ad.

Hate to be bearer of bad news... Went in to talk with admissions office today and they informed me that yesterday was the big acceptance date for people off wait list. I know that this is contrary to someone's earlier post, but this was from Dr. Smartt's secretary so I have to believe that this is true.

Hate to be bearer of bad news... Went in to talk with admissions office today and they informed me that yesterday was the big acceptance date for people off wait list. I know that this is contrary to someone's earlier post, but this was from Dr. Smartt's secretary so I have to believe that this is true.

Did they straight-up tell you that you didn't make the cut, or did they instruct you to check your mail?

Members don't see this ad :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcuh128 View Post
Did they straight-up tell you that you didn't make the cut, or did they instruct you to check your mail?

My question was purely if yesterday was their big acceptance date, she replied yes it was, I was caught off-guard and didn't have any follow up questions on how many were accepted, where to check, etc.

I called the office yesterday and I got into the muncie campus. Anybody else also in muncie?

More bad news. I just call the admissions office, and they said that the application portal status is correct. Anyone accepted will see that in the application portal.

I'm also just wondering, can any past applicants answer this question. I am thankful for my acceptance, but just wondering, is there any way to switch into a campus that most waitlisted applicants get put into? I got Muncie and want to see if I can live at home to attend Northwest location to save money.

In process, as well... So to clarify: has anyone been accepted off the waitlist to a campus besides Terre Haute??

I just checked (thanks to you guys, I wouldnt have checked otherwise) says accepted in Northwest!

Good luck to you guys still in process. Just keep in mind there are still ppl that have yet to send there rejection to IUSM. and I talked to two students who were accepted off the wait list from last yr and one was accepted around now and the other one was accepted the week of orientation so theres still hope!

I'm also just wondering, can any past applicants answer this question. I am thankful for my acceptance, but just wondering, is there any way to switch into a campus that most waitlisted applicants get put into? I got Muncie and want to see if I can live at home to attend Northwest location to save money.

I would talk to admissions and see what they can do. If i got placed in Northwest campus it must mean there some room

Just received a reply from Karen smartt..it is a definite no. You can't change campuses once ur assigned.

My portal does say accepted now

What do we do now? Mine doesn't have anything on the site about accepting the acceptance or anything just a check box on if you got the letter, which I haven't. Did you get a letter?

Yes I got a letter (she handed it to me, not in the mail tho). I clicked the yes button for receiving a letter...I also got confused by what to do next. I was able to use my current IU login and passphrase to login on that page though so I did that and downloaded the health forms and legal disclosure forms etc. My letter said to please respond in writing whether I accept, so I did that too. I guess one small perk is no deposit required to hold a spot, so that's nice.

Hey guys. Infiltrating the med school forums because I'll be a first year law student this fall at Indiana-Bloomington. I'm looking for a potential roommate for this great 2bedroom apartment I found near campus. Please PM me if you're interested.

Hey guys. Infiltrating the med school forums because I'll be a first year law student this fall at Indiana-Bloomington. I'm looking for a potential roommate for this great 2bedroom apartment I found near campus. Please PM me if you're interested.

Congrats on getting in to law school. You might also try posting on the Facebook groups for the Bloomington campus. I think the group is called "IUSM Class of 2017 Bloomington campus"

I talked to admissions last week and they said they are going to send out another batch of alternate-list acceptances around the second week of July. Has there been any movement at all on the alternate list after the batch of acceptances around June-20th?

Has anyone received a non-recruitment scholarship on Onestart yet?

Yes, a small one. It was posted under 2012-2013 award year while my loans are under 2013-2014. Weird. I'm happy though. Every little bit helps. :)

Sorry to hijack the thread as an 13-14 applicant, but I was wondering what OOS schools give preference/scholarships to Indiana residents relative to other OOS applicants. I know couple people getting good deals from Ohio schools. Maybe other schools in the Midwest?

Thanks!

Does anyone know if there have been any alternate list acceptances during the month of July??

Does anyone know if there have been any alternate list acceptances during the month of July??
Just got a call today accepting me to Fort Wayne!! It all comes together when you least expect it--stay positive all.

Status
Not open for further replies.