2012 - 2013 Official Psychology PhD/PsyD Interview Invite thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone have any info about them? Don't see any posts about interviews or acceptances, and their website hasn't been updated in weeks...

Members don't see this ad.

Technically the Chestnut Hill College program is a Clinical Psy.D. not a Counseling Psy.D. I applied there and I know their Masters program is a Clinical & Counseling program so easy to confuse.

Also I believe Rutgers is a Clinical Psy.D.

There aren't many "Counseling Psych" Psy.Ds that I'm aware of but I could be mistaken.

Rutgers has both psyd and phd programs in clinical psych.

Has anyone heard from the counseling program at VCU? I was at the interview on Friday and I know it was the second interview day, but dont know when they are sending out offers. If you got accepted, could you send me your POI? This is my last school I am waiting on. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone here anything yet post-interview from University of Wyoming?!

Any acceptances, waitlists, or rejections sent out yet post-interview?

Yeah, I know someone who recieved one within a week of interviewing. Do you know if they have notified which students are waitlisted or rejected?
I'm not sure- I wish I did and could provide you with an answer!

Has anyone heard from the San Diego Experimental Psychopathology track?

Put me out of my misery...

Has anyone heard back from Drexel clinical post-interview or know when decisions are supposed to come out? I know it's only been a week but I'm anxious! lol

I haven't heard, and I forgot to ask my POI when they'd be notifying. If you hear anything, do you mind PMing me about it and telling me your POI? Thanks!

Has anyone heard back from the Counseling Psychology program at Iowa State University post interview? I interviewed on 2/15, anyone interviewed on 2/22 was informed when they will be sending out their decisions?

Feel free to PM me if needed. Many thanks!

Anybody know anything about/planning to take the Hofstra shuttle from the train station for the interviews on Friday? Is this a reliable option or should I plan to spring for a cab?

Has anyone heard from Arizona State post the interview? I thought they said that they would make offers by the end of last week...
Thanks!!!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard from Howard University's Counseling Psych. PhD program, or seen others post about it? Communication from them has been scarce and it is getting late. Thanks

Everyone seems quite riled up about Harvard clinical psych decisions. I called graduate admissions a couple weeks ago and was told decisions would go out the first week of March. Given that last week was largely still in February, I think it's safe to say decisions will come out this week. I know there are lots of conflicting stories going around, but there has not been one report of a Clinical Psych admit so I think it's safe to say we're all still waiting it out.

People were mad on grad cafe when someone posted there today that Harvard clinical psych is taking no one this year. That was a pretty bold statement. Someone then posted it wasn't true but then all comments regarding Harvard were deleted by moderator who said it was because they were comments not acceptances or rejections. But the moderator left other comments up about other schools so people did get riled.

For those of us waiting, the bold statement was pretty hard to read. But who knows if it is true or not? Harvard's not saying I guess!

People were mad on grad cafe when someone posted there today that Harvard clinical psych is taking no one this year. That was a pretty bold statement. Someone then posted it wasn't true but then all comments regarding Harvard were deleted by moderator who said it was because they were comments not acceptances or rejections. But the moderator left other comments up about other schools so people did get riled.

For those of us waiting, the bold statement was pretty hard to read. But who knows if it is true or not? Harvard's not saying I guess!

Ah, I didn't see the one about Harvard not taking students. I only saw the subsequent posts. That is a bold statement to make and unfair given how many people are anxiously waiting to hear their outcomes. It's happened before that schools take no one in a year and Harvard is quite a small program so it doesn't seem that unlikely, but I am certainly not making any claims that's the case!

To whomever posted the rejection from the University of Missouri- St. Louis on TGC:

First off, sorry to hear that... I hope you have some other good options!

Secondly, was that with or without an interview?

Thirdly, was it a generic, mass e-mail? From the DCT? or from your POI?

Thank you for helping to alleviate some of another applicant's misery...! Feel free to PM me this info if you'd prefer.

Last edited:
I spoke to the grad secretary at Harvard and she said they finalized decisions at the end of last week so if you have not heard it is probably bad news. :( sorry to all those who were waiting and good luck for the rest of the process!

I spoke to the grad secretary at Harvard and she said they finalized decisions at the end of last week so if you have not heard it is probably bad news. :( sorry to all those who were waiting and good luck for the rest of the process!

Have you heard of anyone actually receiving acceptance since the finalization? Did you hear yourself? For what it's worth, I don't think it's safe to assume everyone has been notified by their POI just because decisions were made at the end of last week unless there is concrete evidence.

I remain hopeful until my POI tells me otherwise and we have been in contact often.

I saw on TGC that someone got accepted to Toledo's program, any info on that if it was Mass email or POI specific would be awesome. PM me your POI if you can as well. Thank you.

Has anyone who attended one of the interview days at Syracuse heard anything? I am seeing a lot of waitlisters on TheGradCafe, but it's not clear if any of those individuals attended interviews. It's hard to use past years as a basis for how things are happening due to the DCT being brand new. Any help is much appreciated.
I just posted on Gradcafe regarding the Syracuse wait-list. I did attend one of the interview days. Hope that helps!

Has anyone heard back post-interview from University of Arizona's clinical psych phd program?

I know this thread is primarily for phd/psyd, so don't kill me, but I wanted to know if anyone has ever interview for UT Austin's Counselor ed program? If so what was the interview day/ group interview like? :scared:

Have people (those who got interviews and those who were waitlisted) started getting acceptance offers?
I interviewed and I haven't gotten an acceptance offer or a waitlist notification. Have all acceptance offers gone out?

Yes! Sorry about that. :) I just know it's been awhile since there interview days and I haven't seen any updates on here...

My friend received an offer from there about a week or so ago. Sorry if I am the bearer of unfortunate news...

Hi generous people, anyone here who has an interview scheduled with Marywood? Or someone who gave it on 3/11?
Please help me out!
Mine's scheduled for the 14th

I have got an offer from Adler-but I dont know whether to accept it since it seems like an okay school

Last edited:
Hi generous people, anyone here who has an interview scheduled with Marywood? Or someone who gave it on 3/11?
Please help me out!
Mine's scheduled for the 14th

I have got an offer from Adler-but I dont know whether to accept it since it seems like an okay school
I'm interviewing at Marywood on the 15th. Will you be there then?

Does anyone know when to expect a decision from FIT (psyd) after interview day?

I received a email today stating I now have a Email account and such at the school. i logged in and checked my status and it has been changed to admitted. YAY!!!

I received a email today stating I now have a Email account and such at the school. i logged in and checked my status and it has been changed to admitted. YAY!!!

Congrats researchnerd1! Will you be accepting the offer? If so, look for the FB group: FIT PsyD 2018 ! Myself and another admitted student who accepted/accepting the offer are trying to get everyone together on there as more people get on board!

Congrats researchnerd1! Will you be accepting the offer? If so, look for the FB group: FIT PsyD 2018 ! Myself and another admitted student who accepted/accepting the offer are trying to get everyone together on there as more people get on board!

I am FIT was my top choice! I will find you on FB and see you in the fall

Steve

Thanks for the response! I received the email as well and am very excited about the acceptance!!