2012-2013 Panic Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well I just moved up to #1. Knowing where Im at is great but man knowing im this close now is killer

Members don't see this ad.

Oh man oh man I am on edge today. Knowing full well that it is unlikely for me to hear any news today.

Each day that passes after today without an acceptance will make me a bit more sadder on the inside

Each day that passes after today without an acceptance will make me a bit more sadder on the inside

Really? My melancholy about this cycle was in a valley until Monday. My excitement is swelling now and I will probably have another week or two before I start getting really sad. False hope is still hope.

Members don't see this ad :)
After 9 months of being on the wait list I was accepted to my number one school. I panicked countless times throughout this cycle but finally got the nod. I hope others can find the same good fortune.

After 9 months of being on the wait list I was accepted to my number one school. I panicked countless times throughout this cycle but finally got the nod. I hope others can find the same good fortune.

Congratulations!

I haven't posted much on this thread but I've kept up with it pretty consistently. For a while now I've been rejected from all but one of the schools to which I applied, and it was just that one waitlist that stood between me and reapplication. That one waitlist did come through for me though, and one is all you need. I'm officially signing off of the panic thread, but I wish everyone in here the best of luck. Your time is coming.

Similar to Tarheel, I haven't posted much but I've been following this thread for a long time. I just got my first acceptance literally seconds after telling someone I give up and just don't care anymore (out of panic). I just wanted to tell everyone there is definitely still hope and good luck to all of you! I hope you guys hear something soon.

Do schools have to give decisions by May 15th? I should be getting one tmr then :naughty:
I'm guessing theyre waiting to see if we have any acceptances before offering an acceptance
Hopefully no acceptance will work to my benefit

I think it's May 15th - 25th or so.

Yeah, I hope NYMC rejects you...it'll help both of us right?! :D

Some places go even later (June) and don't start for another week or two. I am sincerely hoping that all the familiar faces stop posting in this thread soon. Good luck everyone!

I'm not even waitlisted yet. I was under the impression they waitlist everyone by the 15th

Similar to Tarheel, I haven't posted much but I've been following this thread for a long time. I just got my first acceptance literally seconds after telling someone I give up and just don't care anymore (out of panic). I just wanted to tell everyone there is definitely still hope and good luck to all of you! I hope you guys hear something soon.

Congrats guys!

Well I just moved up to #1. Knowing where Im at is great but man knowing im this close now is killer

You're just about in, Os3oclast--hang in there! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
That is tough, but great! I am rooting for you.

Thanks! The waitlist usually moves by the end of the week and then its pretty much done for the cycle. So if im not in this week its pretty much over.

Thanks! The waitlist usually moves by the end of the week and then its pretty much done for the cycle. So if im not in this week its pretty much over.

This entire thread is rooting for you. These vibes have to result in good news.

Thanks guys!! Goodluck to everyone still waiting!

MD class of 2017!!

Guys, I haven't posted much in this thread but I've been reading it everyday for the last several months. You guys all have been an awesome source of strength! I wanted to report in to let you know my husband (the applicant) just got in off the waitlist to his top choice school (after being waitlisted at 3 MD programs). I know you guys who are still waiting will also get good news soon! My best advice is to send in a really strong letter of interest or intent. I'm crossing my fingers for all of you, and I really want to thank you all for sharing your stories. Good luck!! :luck:

I'm joining in on the panic!
I'm in the middle of the waitlist at 1 school and I have no other acceptances. So yeah, the next few weeks are crucial.

My fingers are crossed for everyone still panicking/waiting!

My situation as well. I never posted in this thread, but I followed your stories, and I wish you all the best of luck.

Aww this thread in the past couple of days has been awesome to drop in on. You guys are troopers and I'm so happy for all of you. Congrats on your amazing accomplishments, go relax now and celebrate!!!! :hardy:

Yes, this has definitely turned into a celebration thread! :woot: Congratulations to all of those that have gotten in recently, and I am sending lots of positive vibes to those that are still waiting (including myself)! The game of musical chairs has just begun -- the music won't stop for a while yet. Continued good luck to everyone!

Still no news from any of my 6 "alternate pools". Stoked for those of you accepted today!

Best wishes. They are lucky to get you!

I haven't posted in this thread but have been checking it daily while I panicked along with everyone here. I just wanted to say congrats to everyone that made it and to those still waiting: good luck and don't give up yet. I only sent secondaries to two schools this cycle: one in October and one in December. I was rejected by the December school but finally was accepted today off the wait-list at my preferred school! Hang in there everyone, the panic is almost over!

My situation as well. I never posted in this thread, but I followed your stories, and I wish you all the best of luck.

Best wishes. They are lucky to get you!

Congratulations!

Congrats guys!

Thanks everyone:)

After waiting for so long and getting rejected from less-preferred schools, I feel so lucky to have my acceptance. It almost feels like getting rejected from a bunch of girls to prom and then somehow snatching the most beautiful girl to the big dance. #blessed :D

After waiting for so long and getting rejected from less-preferred schools, I feel so lucky to have my acceptance. It almost feels like getting rejected from a bunch of girls to prom and then somehow snatching the most beautiful girl to the big dance. #blessed :D

That's a pretty accurate analogy. :thumbup: Congrats on your success.

Congrats to everyone who got off the waitlist! Also, to anyone who's still on the waitlist, be patient and you'll get in. :luck:

Helps when you drive a Porsche. :laugh:

Debbie Downer here. Reapplying for sure. Someone make me feel better and reapply too.

Good analogy man. Congrats!

Debbie Downer here. Reapplying for sure. Someone make me feel better and reapply too.

Haha I feel you on this one. Definitely feeling the same way. Worse case I enjoy more of my youth I suppose.

yeah man, I have really lost hope :(.

Me too! 3 WL and ranked too low for any of them to accept me. Reapplying. At least the rejections for me were swift, like pulling off a bandaid quickly. A really annoying band aid I wore for 7 months haha.

Keep your heads up!

I'm on 4 WLs and hoping to hear back soon.

1 WL left and it's my only hope. so yeah, i'm definitely panicking!

So if we're on a waitlist and the class becomes filled, do they send you a post waitlist rejection letter?

So if we're on a waitlist and the class becomes filled, do they send you a post waitlist rejection letter?

Probably not, since some of those accepted could still withdraw or defer. That's why they could potentially call up someone from the waitlist right up to orientation.