2012-2013 University of Oklahoma Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
11/27. Yay!

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone else paid the deposit to confirm their seat? I did and got the e-mail with the payment confirmation, but it still says that I haven't paid on my secondary page..

Obviously nothing I'm going to call them about today because they've got plenty on their hands to get the rest of the e-mails sent out. Just wondering if anyone else is having a similar experience?

Members don't see this ad :)
I paid and got an email invoice, but it's not showing up as paid in the supplemental website yet. It sounds like the bursar has to maybe clear the payment then provide the admissions office with the id's of who paid for the website to be updated.

I paid and got an email invoice, but it's not showing up as paid in the supplemental website yet. It sounds like the bursar has to maybe clear the payment then provide the admissions office with the id's of who paid for the website to be updated.

It let me accept after I had done everything even though the payment hasn't posted yet.

It let me accept after I had done everything even though the payment hasn't posted yet.

Yeah, I was able to accept too -- after refreshing 5 or 6 times thinking I needed the payment to post, I guess I need to get over that whole repeatedly hitting the refresh button thing.

Congrats to everyone accepted - good luck to those of you still waiting!!

Those that got in, could you post your stats? I'm wondering if maybe they're just going down or up the list of acceptances, because it doesn't seem like they're going by interview date. Probably not alphabetically either. Dotty just told me they're about half way through as of now.
Thank you for the update. I hate that you got wait listed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted... interviewed on 10/24
34P and 3.85 GPA

Rejected. 4.0, 34, interviewed 10/25. Thought the interview went well, and generally I'm pretty personable.

I bet I hate it more. It says in the email that it pretty much means I won't be getting in. I really don't understand. 3.96 GPA, 30 on the MCAT. I met with one of my interviewers a few weeks later and he said that my interview went well.

I just don't get it.

I'm deferred as well with a 3.8 and 32. In-state, first round interview, and definitely did excellent in my interview. I think the disappointment of not being accepted immediately may be clouding your eyes though; I imagine we will both get in eventually. The e-mail isn't going to say you're going to get in, or otherwise they would just accept us now. They're just saying we've got to wait (much longer than I anticipated and longer than I feel we should), but cautions us that we're not guaranteed to be accepted. Keep your head up, we'll get in, it's just extremely frustrating. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to puke and punch some walls because I hate this waiting.

I'm not so sure. From what I understand, OU doesn't pull many people from the waiting list. Even the email says to treat this as an unsuccessful application. That's exactly what I'm doing. The waiting has already been too much for me. I've actually gotten physically sick this week from the anxiety, and to think I won't know for more than a month? That makes my stomach turn.

I really hope that you're right and I'm wrong, but I'm not optimistic. Maybe the applicant pool was unusually strong this year. 32s not getting in? 34 with a 4.0 rejected?! That sounds like insanity. I guess I'll call them next week and see what is holding me back.

Hey, OU only accepted about 2/3rds of its class size. They'll fill the whole class in February and then create the waitlist. At least 20 people from the waitlist usually get in. Honestly, a lot of people who apply to OU also apply to schools like Baylor, and the ones that get in will usually enroll at Baylor, which creates more spots for the rest of us. Just keep a good attitude and try again if it doesn't work out.

Also there'll be a reapplicant workshop in february or march. You'll meet one on one with a board member who will go over your application and tell you what you need to improve on. And you'll be able to ask questions. If you do what they tell you, your chances for next year improve significantly.

I'm not so sure. From what I understand, OU doesn't pull many people from the waiting list. Even the email says to treat this as an unsuccessful application. That's exactly what I'm doing. The waiting has already been too much for me. I've actually gotten physically sick this week from the anxiety, and to think I won't know for more than a month? That makes my stomach turn.

I really hope that you're right and I'm wrong, but I'm not optimistic. Maybe the applicant pool was unusually strong this year. 32s not getting in? 34 with a 4.0 rejected?! That sounds like insanity. I guess I'll call them next week and see what is holding me back.

I really think the "treat this as an unsuccessful application" doesn't mean "hey you're probably not going to get in but maybe you will", but rather I see it as meaning "you certainly could get in but don't assume it's guaranteed", which is sound advice, that whole don't put your eggs all in one basket thing. It just seems like they're saying better to be safe than sorry without giving any negative indications. Maybe that's too optimistic, but I'm definitely not an optimist by nature haha I just really feel that way from the context of the email. "Please be reassured that we look forward to the possibility of you joining this class" definitely reassures me; I just don't see how we wouldnt get in eventually with our stats. However, the 34 with a 4.0 being rejected is definitely scary. Even if there is a stronger than usual applicant pool I don't see how that could be anything other than an automatic acceptance. I'm assuming you were in-state, BoomerSooner39? If so, I really feel for you. I really thought I'd get an acceptance today but i have no earthly idea how you didnt get one with those numbers

Let us know what they say, because I would like to know what exactly is their process...

So I guess technically we're not even wait listed? The wait list isn't formed until after the next board meeting in January? Well. Okay. That means that we may have a better chance. It may also mean that we could end up waiting longer.

I guess here's to hoping that many of the accepted take spots elsewhere instead.

It also means we could get rejected later as well....

Accepted Feel very blessed.... Stats : OOS Born in Oklahoma 36 R 4.0 Good Luck and Boomer Sooner

::::

3.41 28M (3.85 in recent premed prerequisites) non- native Spanish speaker (always helps in Oklahoma!)
Accepted

I really think the "treat this as an unsuccessful application" doesn't mean "hey you're probably not going to get in but maybe you will", but rather I see it as meaning "you certainly could get in but don't assume it's guaranteed", which is sound advice, that whole don't put your eggs all in one basket thing. It just seems like they're saying better to be safe than sorry without giving any negative indications. Maybe that's too optimistic, but I'm definitely not an optimist by nature haha I just really feel that way from the context of the email. "Please be reassured that we look forward to the possibility of you joining this class" definitely reassures me; I just don't see how we wouldnt get in eventually with our stats. However, the 34 with a 4.0 being rejected is definitely scary. Even if there is a stronger than usual applicant pool I don't see how that could be anything other than an automatic acceptance. I'm assuming you were in-state, BoomerSooner39? If so, I really feel for you. I really thought I'd get an acceptance today but i have no earthly idea how you didnt get one with those numbers

Yes, I'm IS for Oklahoma and attend OU. I'm disappointed because my heart is at OU. but I've gotten an acceptance at UTMB in Galveston, TX and they'll give me in state tuition there. So all's well that ends well. And I still have a couple schools to hear back from. Congratulations to everyone who got accepted, and hang in there to those who are on the wait list.

Rejected. 4.0, 34, interviewed 10/25. Thought the interview went well, and generally I'm pretty personable.

Rejected. 4.0, 33, 11/29. I, too, thought my interview went well and consider myself pretty personable.

Rejected. 4.0, 33, 11/29. I, too, thought my interview went well and consider myself pretty personable.
Ugh… I feel you. I just keep trying to figure out where I went wrong in the interview! =/

No matter how many times I refresh my page it won't let me accept the acceptance since it hasn't registered my deposit... I guess I'm not the only one though.

No matter how many times I refresh my page it won't let me accept the acceptance since it hasn't registered my deposit... I guess I'm not the only one though.

I accepted it first and it worked for some reason - guess there are still some kinks to work out in the system.

Ugh… I feel you. I just keep trying to figure out where I went wrong in the interview! =/

You didn't necessarily do anything wrong in the interview, so you shouldn't beat yourself up about it.

If you have 2 high stats and you didn't break down into tears or say something truly inappropriate during your interview, there was probably something else in your total application the committee felt you were lacking.

Alternatively, they may have assumed you would get in to other schools and most likely end up going somewhere else.

Speaking as a multi-year reapplicant, rejection definitely sucks, no two ways about that.

Last edited:

Come to Texas!! I was an OU grad as well (with competitive stats) and was rejected pre-interview. There are Sooners all over Texas and we'd love to have you!

Come to Texas!! I was an OU grad as well (with competitive stats) and was rejected pre-interview. There are Sooners all over Texas and we'd love to have you!
That is so nice of you! Thank you. I'm going to end up in TX for sure, and I'm excited for a new adventure. Right now it's UTMB, but I'm waiting to hear from UTHSCSA and UTSW. Fingers crossed. Best of luck to you at A&M.

That is so nice of you! Thank you. I'm going to end up in TX for sure, and I'm excited for a new adventure. Right now it's UTMB, but I'm waiting to hear from UTHSCSA and UTSW. Fingers crossed. Best of luck to you at A&M.

Well thank you and best of luck to you as well! And Boomer Sooner!

"For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."

Got my big red envelope in the mail today!

Maybe they sent them out before the emails?

Mine was dated 12-17, postmarked 12-19, looks like the had them ready, but waited until the site worked to send them. Wish they would have just saved time and sent the letters, oh well.

The mailman folded mine in half : ( I wanted to frame it

Mine was dated 12-17, postmarked 12-19, looks like the had them ready, but waited until the site worked to send them. Wish they would have just saved time and sent the letters, oh well.

So was mine. I never even thought to check the date on the letter. I think you're right. I'm not complaining though. Just happy that I got the letter. :)

The mailman folded mine in half : ( I wanted to frame it

That terrible mailman! I'd still frame it, mine is a bit wrinkled but it will be going in a frame along with my prior rejection/wait list letters from OU (yes, multiple) to commemorate the journey.

If anyone else's letters got folded, I worked on mine to get it frame- able! I steamed it lightly twice and pressed it flat between books while it dried. It worked great!

Did anybody have any problems with the website not recognizing that the deposit has been paid? I already paid the deposit but the website won't acknowledge it! :(

Did anybody have any problems with the website not recognizing that the deposit has been paid? I already paid the deposit but the website won't acknowledge it! :(

Same here. Maybe they have to do it manually. I got the confirmation email, though, so it's all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.