2012-2013 University of Oklahoma Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 8th and the 10th of January interviews will in all likelihood be evaluated in the same meeting, so I really doubt that which day you attend matters.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I'm going to have a nice glass of wine tomorrow night... or two. :D

I'm starting to get the feeling that I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight...

Has anyone else hit the refresh button over 50 times?

It's gonna be a long day, I can already tell.

Apparently, I tricked myself into thinking that this morning would be like christmas. That when I woke up, I'd open my email. Now, I'm super depressed because there's still no email.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is when just beginning break becomes a problem. Gotta find a way to distract myself. :whistle:

This is painful.

Extremely painful. I'm sitting here at work, on campus, a block away from the admissions office... restraining myself from just walking over there and begging for an email!!

I'm starting to suspect that we won't hear today, either. I think that they have had a lot of problems moving to their new system.

I didn't want to say it, but in the back of my mind I've been thinking the same thing. Let's hope that's not the case.

How sure was the 12/17 date in the first place? I know someone said it was from Dotty but was 12/17 the earliest day or the day we would hear? Anyone know?

I just got off the phone with the admissions office. They said that we will hear today, contingent on the software system functioning properly. If we don't hear today, they said we will hear no later than tomorrow.

I just got off the phone with the admissions office. They said that we will hear today, contingent on the software system functioning properly. If we don't hear today, they said we will hear no later than tomorrow.

Thanks for calling!

Let's hope we don't have to wait another day.

Yes, thank you SO much for calling!

If compulsively refreshing my browser at work could be considered an addiction... I may be way past that line!

Here's to spending the day hitting the refresh button over and over and over...

:poke:

I'm sure everyone else feels the same way, but I really feel as if I am about to lose my mind. First we were supposed to find out sometime between the 7th and the 10th, then the 13th. I somehow made it to today, when we were promised we would finally find out, and now it may not happen. I can't take much more of this!

i'm sure everyone else feels the same way, but i really feel as if i am about to lose my mind. First we were supposed to find out sometime between the 7th and the 10th, then the 13th. I somehow made it to today, when we were promised we would finally find out, and now it may not happen. I can't take much more of this!

+1

+2

And I was really hoping to find out before my birthday party tonight...

+2

And I was really hoping to find out before my birthday party tonight...

+3

I'm just hoping to find out before another person asks me, "hey, so have you heard from OU yet?" and I have to explain yet again that it's been pushed back.

Ok guys. Just called the admissions office. They said it won't be until tomorrow because they're having trouble with their servers communicating.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, as far as I know, the date was originally set for the 12th, because that's when the board met. But on the 12th when I called, they said by Friday of that week. When I called on Friday, they said Monday at the latest. Annnnd when I called today, they said tomorrow.

I feel like since they're having so much trouble with their software, they should just go old-fashioned and call folks. That's what OSU does, and they never seem to have any problems. Hell, they called me and offered me a spot two weeks after my interview in October.

I certainly feel like I'm losing my mind as well. I'm not sure why so many of us are so impatient, but there's just something about not knowing what you're doing the next decade that is a little unsettling. Just tell me, OU!

I did apply to this school, and I am lucky I didn't interview. I did match into my to choice UTSW. Frankly, and it is not out of bitterness for the school, but the way you are being treated is truly terrible.
Hang in there people. It will make.the acceptance even sweeter

Sent from my crappy phone

I did apply to this school, and I am lucky I didn't interview. I did match into my to choice UTSW. Frankly, and it is not out of bitterness for the school, but the way you are being treated is truly terrible.

If you've already matched into your top choice, why are you still checking the SSD?

I interviewed in October, and I'm not upset at all about the wait. Just as long as we know by April or so, haha :laugh:

Yeah, I've already got another acceptance here in state, and it's looking sweeter and sweeter every day that I have to wait. But, the admissions staff have very little bearing on quality of education, so I'm still optimistic.

Talked to a few friends at the med school, and they said waiting until December isn't a big deal at all. Some schools drag it out for 5 months. If anything, I think setting a timeline for admission is a good sign, regardless of how many days they push it back. I have a good feeling about this, guys!

Good luck to everyone!!!

I've interviewed at 5 schools (3 in TX, OU, and SLU), and OU is the ONLY one that has given solid dates of when they will let us know something. Even though they keep pushing the date back a few days, it is REALLY nice to know that in the near future I will be given a decision one way or the other. I have loved the other schools too, but I interviewed at one over 4 months ago and haven't heard a single word- not even to be told I'm on a wait list! It's frustrating that there are issues with the new software at OU, but I much prefer the way that OU does things because it takes out a lot of the guesswork.

Is anyone else about to have a nervous breakdown? Needless to say I am not very productive at work today! :boom:

They're working on the system still, and are trying to get the emails sent out. They said it might be tomorrow before it is fixed, though.

Another day of waiting?!?!? I'd honestly rather not have a clue when we are supposed to find out than have this whole "oh it'll just be another day or two" thing happen 946 times.

Another day of waiting?!?!? I'd honestly rather not have a clue when we are supposed to find out than have this whole "oh it'll just be another day or two" thing happen 946 times.

It's just an email right? Why does it take so long to send it?

I completely agree-- it's better to have a general time frame (mid month) than an exact date if there are chances that it'll have to be changed 17 times. I am just wondering why it is so important to link it to the system right now.. Since they have the lists with accepted/waitlist/rejected so couldn't they just notify everyone and go back to log it all when the system is up and running? I understand that would be more time consuming, but at least they could take their time with it and not be stressed about fixing it within the arbitrary notification dates that we keep getting.

Or maybe I should just be more patient and quit wearing out my refresh button. :rolleyes:

I am just wondering why it is so important to link it to the system right now.. Since they have the lists with accepted/waitlist/rejected so couldn't they just notify everyone and go back to log it all when the system is up and running? I understand that would be more time consuming, but at least they could take their time with it and not be stressed about fixing it within the arbitrary notification dates that we keep getting.

Honestly, it wouldn't even have to take a long time to send emails. They could bcc everyone that got accepted, all the people deferred, and all of the people rejected. Just three mass emails...

Accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Check your online secondaries!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.