2012-2013 University of Southern California (Keck) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Withdrew from the waitlist. Hope it keeps getting shorter for those of you waiting!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
damn the FB group has gone up to 170 members... I wana be one of them so bad!

haha I have been keeping track of those numbers too. The average class size is 186 :scared:

yeah it's getting to the point where I don't really wanna be too hopeful - hope for the best but expect the worst I guess.

what makes it harder is that I looked at the FB group members, and a bunch of them have been added within these past seven days...good luck to both of us man. may people keep withdrawing.

yeah it's getting to the point where I don't really wanna be too hopeful - hope for the best but expect the worst I guess.

what makes it harder is that I looked at the FB group members, and a bunch of them have been added within these past seven days...good luck to both of us man. may people keep withdrawing.

Eh, if you look at the FB groups for 2016 or 2015, they have ~250 members. They all can't be in that class. Though a brief look at some of the students, I'm not exactly sure why they would be in that group.

Usually med class fb groups have people in it that are in other classes and of course there are people in your class who just don't have or want a fb. Seems like they still have to accept 30 or so people.

I think you get kicked out of the Facebook group if you withdraw, so it should be pretty accurate.

Also, all the members in the 2017 group are "Added by Ksom Usc" when I look . I don't know if that means approved too (if you click join group) or invited only.

Also, all the members in the 2017 group are "Added by Ksom Usc" when I look . I don't know if that means approved too (if you click join group) or invited only.

that means approved. like a current student could ask to join the group and if KSOM USC adds them it would still say "added by KSOM USC."

Any news of waitlist movement? Seems to have been quiet for the past few days

Members don't see this ad :)
Please tell me that the "admin" is just the student that created the group. If not, the group's going to be pretty useless beyond being an extension of the listserv, which is also monitored by admins.

Did anyone receive an extra conformation after submitting a LOI besides the generic one from medadmit, or was that the only one?

Idk how accurate the fb group is you guys but I am right there with you!!! But some of the people who withdrew are still on the fb group. so idk what to make of that. I called the admissions office I think this week they are reviewing the apps at least they were earlier in the week.

Also just wanted to ask is anyone bouncing around other schools?? I am waitlisted at 2 others and to my crappy luck have no acceptances :scared: but oddly enough was wait listed here (my number one) and UCLA PRIME (my number two). Just want to see if anyone else is in my boat.

Good luck to us waiting and Congrats to those not.

Idk how accurate the fb group is you guys but I am right there with you!!! But some of the people who withdrew are still on the fb group. so idk what to make of that. I called the admissions office I think this week they are reviewing the apps at least they were earlier in the week.

Also just wanted to ask is anyone bouncing around other schools?? I am waitlisted at 2 others and to my crappy luck have no acceptances :scared: but oddly enough was wait listed here (my number one) and UCLA PRIME (my number two). Just want to see if anyone else is in my boat.

Good luck to us waiting and Congrats to those not.

Yup, that's me too. Dunno about you, but after all these months of waiting, acceptance just seems like a dream world.

Yup, that's me too. Dunno about you, but after all these months of waiting, acceptance just seems like a dream world.

What are you going to do for the year if you don't get in (and i know it has been a pain explaining to friends and fam that don't know the process whats happening).

I was in your (Em2U's) spot literally less than a week ago; I'd say you should hold out until beginning of June until you panic. Last year, Keck's movement didn't start until then (although this year seems to have had Pre-May15th movement, possibly the "high wait list" people that were called a while ago? - earf may have disproved this theory).

Many schools are still reviewing candidates for the spots that opened up late last week.

Not much advice, but much sympathy to ya' for trying to explain to friends/fam about what you're doing next year. I had to go through graduation (aka millions of goodbyes) without knowing my plans or even a rough location, talk about a bust!

I was in your (Em2U's) spot literally less than a week ago; I'd say you should hold out until beginning of June until you panic. Last year, Keck's movement didn't start until then (although this year seems to have had Pre-May15th movement, possibly the "high wait list" people that were called a while ago? - earf may have disproved this theory).

Many schools are still reviewing candidates for the spots that opened up late last week.

Not much advice, but much sympathy to ya' for trying to explain to friends/fam about what you're doing next year. I had to go through graduation (aka millions of goodbyes) without knowing my plans or even a rough location, talk about a bust!

Thanks for your encouraging words!

Thanks bro!! It is nice to know that someone came through on top what I am going through!!

Its been a while anyone have any updates??

A tough decision, but I am withdrawing my acceptance. Good luck to those of you on the waistlist; I hope one of you gets my spot!

looks like Zac Efron is going to Keck.. ahahah

Ya I noticed that too I was like seriously... Zac Efron got into Keck but I haven't lol.

But hey waitlistees the facebook group dropped from 176 to 169 (I know big whoop). But I know at least two people on the list are not going. So for what it is worth...

Scratch that it went back up to 171.... well ...

Last edited:
Just got an email saying there's no more room and I'm not consideration. Bummer. Sigh One waitlist down for me.

Just got an email saying there's no more room and I'm not consideration. Bummer. Sigh One waitlist down for me.

Hang in there. I'm about to withdraw today so there will be one spot opening if they didn't over accept

Hang in there. I'm about to withdraw today so there will be one spot opening if they didn't over accept

haha, appreciate that but I think the e-mail was more accurately a "you are really low on the waitlist and have no chance of getting in even if someone withdraws"

i know you mean the best john locke

Has anybody that has recently been accepted off the waitlist received their financial aid packages? I'm fully expecting all loans but was just wondering if anyone else has gotten it yet.

Has anybody that has recently been accepted off the waitlist received their financial aid packages? I'm fully expecting all loans but was just wondering if anyone else has gotten it yet.

I got mine a week or so ago. All loans;)

+1

oh well. Virginia, here I come!

Not to be that guy but it seems like you got into some other good schools, and I am just trying to mentally prepare myself. But if you don't mind sharing your stats??

Last edited:
Not to be that guy but it seems like you got into some other good schools, and I am just trying to mentally prepare myself. But if you don't mind sharing your stats??

Yea no problem

3.42 with a strong upward trend, 35O

I actually really, really loved Virginia Tech and I got a really good scholarship there. I just wanted to stay in California close to my folks

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing!!! And I understand your sentiment completely. Interestingly enough I just finished my undergrad in VA. You are in a good place you can go north to the awesome mountains of Charlottesville, VA or up to NOVA or DC, or you can go south to the Carolinas. Great school plus some of it is paid for that is epic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And your stats did nothing to set my mind at ease. hahahaha I am going crazy, but enjoy your summer!!!!!

ANYONE have any good news??????

or any news??

Yea no problem

3.42 with a strong upward trend, 35O

I actually really, really loved Virginia Tech and I got a really good scholarship there. I just wanted to stay in California close to my folks

damn sorry to hear you didn't get into USC - did you send a letter of intent?? cause yeah like EM2U said, you not getting in with those stats kinda makes me worried.

and Em2U - I haven't had any news either...gotta do what we've been doing all year and be patient.

My cousin said he got one of those rejection emails as well. Luckily he's been accepted elsewhere. He had a 3.6ish/34.

Guess everyone else is still in consideration. Must be just people in the top ten or twenty of the waitlist now.

Thanks guys. Lol i actually sent two letters of intent. maybe thats what did me in

3.6/35S. definitely don't lose hope! i was getting discouraged, but seems like the waitlist is still moving in june (and hopefully continues to move). good luck!

I got vacated from the wait list. :thumbdown: For real tho I am just glad this is over. There is always next year.:thumbup:

Finally (reluctantly) withdrew my acceptance at Keck. It is an amazing institution with a very strong clinical training program, but I couldn't justify the $100,000+ more in loans that I would have taken out here than elsewhere. Hope this spot goes to one of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.