2012-2013 University of Southern California (Keck) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can still hold on to waitlists. I was accepted off of one recently and had to decide between the two.

congrats on your decision - good luck wherever you will be!

maybe your spot will fall my way...who knows?? anyone else on the waitlist still waiting?

Members don't see this ad.

Any accepted/current students have suggestions or resources for housing that you would be willing to share?

Looking for a 1-2 bedroom apartment, willing to have a reasonable commute.

Any accepted/current students have suggestions or resources for housing that you would be willing to share?

Looking for a 1-2 bedroom apartment, willing to have a reasonable commute.

If you've been accepted, ask to join the Facebook group. There's a housing document they put on there that lists all the cities in LA that keck students usually live in along with distance to school, closest grocery stores, number of cafés, average rent, and other helpful information.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations on being accepted to USC Keck School of Medicine. I own a Monterey Hills condo described below that I purchased when my daughter attended Keck medical, class of 2007. The condo is ideally located a few minutes from the Health campus in a safe area. Many students rent condos at Monterey Hills. Monterey Hills is extremely close to campus and you don't need to take the highway to school. Community is safe, quiet and clean; yet located close to where the action is.
I am interested in renting this condo to a group of new Medical/pharmacy students. If you are interested, please email me and I can answer any questions and provide pictures.
The entire 3 Bd+2 bath condo available for $2100 or Master bedroom with bath for $750 and two bedrooms with a shared bath are available for $675 each. Kitchen, eating area, living and laundry area in unit plus pool + small gym, gated parking and secured entry. Condo is semi-furnished and close to USC Health Science Campus (just 3 miles north), Pasadena, Downtown LA. Great location for medical/pharmacy students at Keck or residents at LAC+USC Medical Center.
Map Google: 3961 Via Marisol, Los Angeles, 90036
Muir Terrace at Monterey Hills
Contact Gary at [email protected].

I wonder if/when they are going to take any more people off the waitlist...starting to get pretty late in the cycle :(

i know... i get these knots in my stomach every time i think about it. when i called their admissions office yesterday, they just said the class is full and there's no way of knowing where we stand on the waiting list. she was very nice about it, but that doesn't help with this process at all.

feel like i need to get my amcas primary ready for the 2013-14 cycle just in case (was waitlisted elsewhere, but no acceptances). what are the rest of you guys on the alternate list doing if you haven't been accepted somewhere else?

also, are there any people currently accepted who are on waiting lists for other schools? knowing that little piece of info would be somewhat helpful in understanding our chances...

i know... i get these knots in my stomach every time i think about it. when i called their admissions office yesterday, they just said the class is full and there's no way of knowing where we stand on the waiting list. she was very nice about it, but that doesn't help with this process at all.

feel like i need to get my amcas primary ready for the 2013-14 cycle just in case (was waitlisted elsewhere, but no acceptances). what are the rest of you guys on the alternate list doing if you haven't been accepted somewhere else?

also, are there any people currently accepted who are on waiting lists for other schools? knowing that little piece of info would be somewhat helpful in understanding our chances...

agreed I feel the same way. wish I knew how many still on the waitlist, and how many accepted students are on other schools' waitlists. argh

agreed I feel the same way. wish I knew how many still on the waitlist, and how many accepted students are on other schools' waitlists. argh

+1

I'm also interested to know how many were rejected off the waitlist in that wave last week. Only a couple reported on this thread.

At this point, I'm not holding my breath for this waitlist spot to materialize into anything...

Members don't see this ad :)
it doesn't look like they have as good of class as they did last year. I don't remember this many people getting off the waitlist last year.

it doesn't look like they have as good of class as they did last year. I don't remember this many people getting off the waitlist last year.

Yeah. It would have helped if they had a second-look weekend. Or if they were more generous with financial aid...

I don't think the number of waitlist applicants that were accepted actually indicates whether or not the class is "good" or "bad". They could have simply changed their acceptance/waitlist formula.

Congratulations to all that have been accepted! Lots of respect
I just got into the Master of Global Medicine program at Keck and am looking to share a two bedroom apartment (really nice with awesome amenities) in DTLA.
Any females looking for housing please PM me ASAP!
Rent around $1000 per person
I keep my space clean and will be a fun roomie and study partner! (Will also respect your privacy and quiet time)
I like to cook and enjoy the occasional glass of wine so if you like wine and food we could have study parties
If not, we still can!

Best of luck to those still waiting to hear back. I sympathize and hope you will hear back very soon!!

Congratulations to all that have been accepted! Lots of respect
I just got into the Master of Global Medicine program at Keck and am looking to share a two bedroom apartment (really nice with awesome amenities) in DTLA.
Any females looking for housing please PM me ASAP!
Rent around $1000 per person
I keep my space clean and will be a fun roomie and study partner! (Will also respect your privacy and quiet time)
I like to cook and enjoy the occasional glass of wine so if you like wine and food we could have study parties
If not, we still can!

Best of luck to those still waiting to hear back. I sympathize and hope you will hear back very soon!!

**Or 2 more girls to share a 3 bedroom/3 bathroom house in Alhambra

I'm still waiting. :( Not sure if I should really expect anything at this point, but I decided to at least follow up with schools that rejected my app to figure out what to do this next year. If I have to reapply, I'm going to wait a year so I can come back with a much stronger application.

just called the office, they said there hasn't really been much movement lately

Status
Not open for further replies.