2013-2014 Application Status - Schools, Interviews and Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cohedo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody!

I heard from AACPMAS that they do not begin mailing out applications until September 4th; however, today I receive to interview invites and three "updates" about schools receiving my application.

Has anybody else?

Members don't see this ad.

Really? What schools? And when did you submit your application?

No mailing day yet what schools were these?

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard from Barry, NYCPM, Temple and Western. I submitted my app on August 18thish, I think.

can you share your stats?

SGPA 3.1, CGPA 3.3, 25R (PS 8 VR 7 BS 10 R), 3.5 OChem GPA 3.22 biology gpa, 5,000+ volunteer hours, 1,000+ community service hours, 5,000+ research hours, 2 years clinical research experience, phlebotomy certification, and BLS certification.

Wow, that's impressive! Did you by any chance apply before?

Hm, how is that even possible if they haven't sent the applications out yet?

Thats cool, they must have some secret way of uploading them haha
I just submitted two days ago so I have no idea how normal that is

The first mailing was supposed to be September 4th. Then, they mail out every Wednesday following that.

Ahh well I have applied to none of those schools so that might explain it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Where'd you all apply? And why? Share your stats, etc. !

Where is it you want to go, the most?

I applied to all those schools that you mentioned in your post along with others.

cGPA/sGPA
3.39c / 3.5s

MCAT Score
23 / 19 / 22

MD doctors shadowed (roughly 75hours)
DO doctor shadowed (roughly 20 hours)
Out of country 400hours of volunteering. Childrens hospital 200hours.

Also, which form of communication did those schools use? If email, would you care posting the email while blocking out your personal info?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I applied to AZ and Kent with AZ as my top choice because I live in Phoenix.

cGPA 3.25
sGPA 3.05
MCAT 26Q

I applied to all those schools that you mentioned in your post along with others.

cGPA/sGPA
3.39c / 3.5s

MCAT Score
23 / 19 / 22

MD doctors shadowed (roughly 75hours)
DO doctor shadowed (roughly 20 hours)
Out of country 400hours of volunteering. Childrens hospital 200hours.

Also, which form of communication did those schools use? If email, would you care posting the email while blocking out your personal info?

I will post the emails as soon as I get done with my patient today. I should be finished by 530 ET. Long long day, but I am in the car on the way to work now!

The email from Temple actually gave detailed info, interviews Monday and Friday, hotel stay for two days, and that they sent a paper packet via USPS. The update emails are very short and say something along the lines of, "we have received your application materials and are thrilled to be one of your School choices. Your application is currently under review and I look forward to updating you in the near future!"

I also don't plan on reading anything into them until I receive confirmation from aacpmas that they really did send them out.

Ok! So I received an email from aacpmas.

When an applicant e-submits their application, the designated schools can then review our applications online. But, the first mailing date is, in fact, September 4th.

I also got an ii from Temple today

Are everyone's interviews being offered for sept/oct time frame? I am just curious how much notice you get at this part of the cycle.

Are everyone's interviews being offered for sept/oct time frame? I am just curious how much notice you get at this part of the cycle.

They just say to call to schedule. But, I believe September.

At least yeah. For example, they said they l interview Mondays and Fridays. So, I assume you find out when from them.

Cohedo, when are you thinking of going?

At least yeah. For example, they said they l interview Mondays and Fridays. So, I assume you find out when from them.

yep, temple does Monday and Friday. NY does Mon, tues, wed, I believe.

Cohedo, when are you thinking of going?

Ill probably shoot for midseptember. I don't have any patients scheduled around then and the PI is out of town on vacation! Ha! How about you?

Hi everyone! I just sent in my application! Temple, Iowa, Barry, NYCPM, AZPOD, and Western! :)

cGPA: 3.6
sGPA: 3.67
MCAT: 25

I cheered competitively through out college and I am treasurer for the team.
I also have 200 hours coaching competitive cheerleading.
I have 200 hours at a soup kitchen and 100 hours at a hospital, as well as 100 hours in research.
I also do some random things like volunteer at an animal hospital during my spare time and I had an internship at a medical school.

Good luck to everyone!!! :D

Last edited:
Our applications should be mailed out by AACPMAS today, if yours has been verified. Does anyone's AACPMAS tell them the mailing date?

Our applications should be mailed out by AACPMAS today, if yours has been verified. Does anyone's AACPMAS tell them the mailing date?
Yep, mine has today's date.

My status is now, "Mailed!" Way to go, AACPMAS! Let's hope for the best!!!!
So does anyone have any idea how long it takes for the schools to contact you for interviews after your app has been mailed?

My app was mailed but my status didn't change (it still says "verified").

So does anyone have any idea how long it takes for the schools to contact you for interviews after your app has been mailed?

I think it may depend on the school with the larger ones probably contacting you much sooner than the smaller ones. This is pure speculation though.

So far, only heard from Temple, and an application update from New York. I'm going to guess that BIH91's speculation is probably accurate.

Yeah it shows a mailing status as "mailed" but on the home screen right after you log in the status says "verified." Is this the case for most of you, or did both statuses change to "mailed"?

How do the schools let us know that weare invited for an interview or rejected or anything like that?

How do the schools let us know that weare invited for an interview or rejected or anything like that?
I believe it's via e-mail and then postal mail. Temple e-mailed me, so far. I assume places haven't gotten around to doing this yet though.

Yeah it shows a mailing status as "mailed" but on the home screen right after you log in the status says "verified." Is this the case for most of you, or did both statuses change to "mailed"?
Yes, same thing for us as well.

I got an email from Temple yesterday, and interview there Sept. 20. Also I got an update from New York today. I still haven't sent my LOR's to any of the schools though.

http://www.nycpm.edu/faq.asp

Do you know what email we send the letters to via Interfolio?
On interfolio, if you select the New York College of Podiatric Medicine, there is an automatic address it would send to...I'm not sure if you are only trying to send it in electronically rather than via the mailing address that interfolio would automatically send it to..

On interfolio, if you select the New York College of Podiatric Medicine, there is an automatic address it would send to...I'm not sure if you are only trying to send it in electronically rather than via the mailing address that interfolio would automatically send it to..

Ah, I got it! thanks a bunch

I applied on August 24th and got "verified" notice at 5:20pm today. Now I assume I will wait a little longer for the mailing and this next week will be long since I am expecting my MCAT score to come in next week.

I just hope that these pod schools observe that I have 26 to 29 credits of 420+ level classes. That is my biggest worry that all they will look at is the GPA and not the difficulty of a course.

Just got an invite from Kent. I was wondering if anyone had any insight on when AZ sends interview invites as I do not want to go to one, get accepted, and have to put down a deposit w/o ever interviewing at the other. Thanks.