2013-2014 Application Status - Schools, Interviews and Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got an invite from Kent. I was wondering if anyone had any insight on when AZ sends interview invites as I do not want to go to one, get accepted, and have to put down a deposit w/o ever interviewing at the other. Thanks.
Congrats ^_^

Members don't see this ad.

I just got an ii from Kent too. It's weird though because I have not sent in any mcat scores nor have I sent in any LORS. anyone in the same boat?

Just got an invite from Kent. I was wondering if anyone had any insight on when AZ sends interview invites as I do not want to go to one, get accepted, and have to put down a deposit w/o ever interviewing at the other. Thanks.
What date did you submit your AACPMAS application to the service? I know they were all mailed out yesterday, but I am trying to gauge how schools are looking at them. I believe they go from first to last in terms of the date submitted on the application.

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted on August 2nd and I have also not sent LORs yet.

Anyone have any idea when DMU starts sending out their invites? Looking back at last year, within 3 days they sent out their first interview invite. Wondering if they will follow suite this year...

I just got an ii from Kent too. It's weird though because I have not sent in any mcat scores nor have I sent in any LORS. anyone in the same boat?

What I heard from many current Pod students and people on here is that really unless you have less than a 2.75 science or cumulative GPA most of the bigger schools like Kent, Temple, New York, and Scholl pretty much interview everybody. The girl that took me on the tour at Kent State said the main part of the interview is to find out your attitude and personality. They don't want a person who is anti-social or extreme anxiety since they plan on investing 4yrs of their time to teach you.
They may just want to schedule you for an interview as soon as possible even if it is before they receive the LORs and MCAT score. Again they may also assume that you don't plan on having your interview for at least another three weeks at the earliest. For the schools that matriculate over 100 students will probably have over 300 students interviewing, some declined and other selecting another school, so they want to maybe get the interviews done with.

I submitted on August 1. Took one mcat (scored an 18 = 5V/6 PS/7 BS) and am retaking on September 11.

Idn I purposely haven't sent the AACPMAS and the schools my first mcat because I didn't want any to make any rejection "decisions" without "knowing" that I would be retaking in September. Of course the AACPMAS does not allow you to go back to your app once submitted to edit that you are taking another test (they just said they would update it if you sent two scores).

I'm not too impressed with my first mcat but i have a 3.4 cGPA, 3.3 sGPA, and a lot of volunteering, ECs, LORs, etc. I don't know if I should send in my first score or wait till i get my second score and just send them both in that way, in mid october. Anyone have any insight?

Just got an ii from DMU! and an email from AZ saying they got my application and a link to set up an online account. and an interview from temple.

Last edited:
just got ii from California school of podiatric medicine too! What a day...how am I going to get through the rest of this day at work...

just got ii from California school of podiatric medicine too! What a day...how am I going to get through the rest of this day at work...

Congrats! Just curious... when was your application verified?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got interviews from Kent, DMU, and Temple! My app was verified on August 25. Good luck everyone!

When are you DMU and Kent interviewees going?

There were a good amount of dates to pick from. Mainly Fridays though.

AZPod's came out today.

Still waiting for new york.......

Done setting up an account with Midwestern, I am just wondering if I need to make another request for my official transcripts sent to Midwestern or AACPMAS will send mine to the school? I am so confused

Hey BIH91,

I could totally do the October 11th interview. PM me we can talk about it.

Just heard from New York thank god. Going on october 1st! They do every tues/thurs, october 1st onwards.

Yaiba48: You are supposed to create your account through AACPMAS, not midwestern. I'm not sure what midwestern account you set up. You should have/did send all your materials to AACPMAS. The transcript that you sent to AACPMAS will have been verified. You designate on AACPMAS which programs you would like your application material to be sent to. AACPMAS will send all of your materials (transcript, personal statement, mcat score, etc) to all of the schools you indicated. That's all you have to do.

Has anyone heard anything from Scholl yet?

Yaiba48: You are supposed to create your account through AACPMAS, not midwestern. I'm not sure what midwestern account you set up. You should have/did send all your materials to AACPMAS. The transcript that you sent to AACPMAS will have been verified. You designate on AACPMAS which programs you would like your application material to be sent to. AACPMAS will send all of your materials (transcript, personal statement, mcat score, etc) to all of the schools you indicated. That's all you have to do.

Midwestern is different.

They make you set up an account and send them supplemental material.

Midwestern is different.

They make you set up an account and send them supplemental material.
Really? I got an ii from AZPod without having done any of that...maybe if I were to proceed they would ask me to send them stuff individually?

Sorry about the misinformation Yaiba!!

Really? I got an ii from AZPod without having done any of that...maybe if I were to proceed they would ask me to send them stuff individually?

Sorry about the misinformation Yaiba!!

Did you get an email and try to pick a day?

Unless it has changed, They make you set up an online account so you can pick the day you want.

For me it said, "missing transcript(s)" or something to that nature, and when I inquired about it they said that means the final transcript once you graduate (if still in class). Dunno if they changed it this year though

I called Midwestern about this all. If you end up being accepted you will have to send them an official copy to have on record. They have your grades and everything already through the application service. That is all it is saying on their website thing.

Just got interviews for NYCPM and Western :)

I also had to make an account for midwestern. Is that how they set up their interviews?

Just got an interview invite from NYCPM! :D
MCAT - 24 (8PS/8VR/8BS)
cGPA - 2.88
sGPA - 2.93

Just got interviews for NYCPM and Western :)

I also had to make an account for midwestern. Is that how they set up their interviews?

you go on their site and pick your interview slot for MWU

When are you DMU and Kent interviewees going?
I am going to Temple on 9/16 and Kent on 10/11. Have to set up the other interviews still, but working it out with my patient schedule at work! It's a blast, let me tell you! I will update when I have the others scheduled as well!

Anybody else on those two dates?

I am going to DMU on Oct. 4. Anyone else going that date? I'm also going to NYCPM the end of October just haven't decided on the date officially yet.

I am going to DMU on Oct. 4. Anyone else going that date? I'm also going to NYCPM the end of October just haven't decided on the date officially yet.
Hey,

I am going to DMU on october 4th as well.

Just got interview invites for Samuel Merritt (Oct 16) and Kent (Oct 28th). So excited !!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

For me, I applied on August 24th to Barry, Kent, Temple, and Scholl. Just looked at the AACPMAS site and they were mailed yesterday September 11th.

Pretty good, just 13 business days after application sent in and just a week after the first mailing date, yet applied three weeks after the first day of applications. Now the waiting game

I've now scheduled interviews at Western (Oct. 8), Temple (Sept.20), New York (Oct 2.), and Kent State (Oct 28). Should I plan on hearing from AZPOD still or would they have given me an invite by now if they were interested?

Anyone know how many people start in January at NYCPM?

I've now scheduled interviews at Western (Oct. 8), Temple (Sept.20), New York (Oct 2.), and Kent State (Oct 28). Should I plan on hearing from AZPOD still or would they have given me an invite by now if they were interested?

They have a slower turn around than other schools.

What are your top choices? I ask because I know how costly it can be to travel and you may be able to save some money by going to your top two. I am happy that I cancelled the majority of my interviews. I saved quite a bit.

I know how costly it can be to travel and you may be able to save some money by going to your top two. I am happy that I cancelled the majority of my interviews. I saved quite a bit.

I was gonna say the exact same thing...or at least top 3, which is what I plan on doing. I got an invite to Barry but I plan on taking a week to plan an interview. My plan is to have my first interview at my 3rd choice, second interview at my second choice and then finish up with my top choice school. I'd rather already have interviews in the book before I even attempt a med school interview at my top school. I hopefully plan on going to Barry in early to mid October, but don't know yet.

It also depends mostly on WHERE you are coming from/where you live. Especially for pod schools. I see that you already have 4 schools: one in Cali, one in Ohio, one in Philly, and one in NY. For your sake, I hope you live in the East b/c that is a lot of money if you live closer to the mid-west to central part of the country. Well best of luck, but thinking about it monetarily going to 5 different interviews will be expensive if the 5th school isn't one of your top 3 school choice

My top 3 are AZPOD, Temple, and Western. New York would probably be my fourth choice. I wont go to Kent State if any of these schools accept me though. I just wonder what my chances of being accepted are now...

I see what you're saying. My home is in CA. I currently live in Utah though. I have already paid for my flights to Temple NYC and Western. I would only buy a flight to Kent if all three of these schools reject me... haha

I got interviews at Temple, NYCPM, Western, DMU, Barry, and AZPOD. As of now I am only going to NYCPM and Temple because those are my top choices. Fingers crossed!!

Hi guys, I definitely need your help..
DO you guys think i have a shot with my grades
MCAT=21( BS=9 VB=5 PS=7)
GPA=3.6

DO you think the verbal is tooo low that i might get rejected to NYCPM, since its my top choice.

Second question
What would u guys respond if you were asked "Why a low mcat score and high GPA" or why did you perform badly on MCAT", i really have no answers..
THANKS ALOT!!!!!!

Last edited:
Hi guys, I definitely need your help..
DO you guys think i have a shot with my grades
MCAT=21( BS=9 VB=5 PS=7)
GPA=3.6

DO you think the verbal is tooo low that i might get rejected to NYCPM, since its my top choice.

Second question
What would u guys respond if you were asked "Why a low mcat score and high GPA" or why did you perform badly on MCAT", i really have no answers..
THANKS ALOT!!!!!!

First off, you only GPA and really cumulative GPA and science GPA are two completely different things! So do you know what your science GPA would be around and people would be able to help out a bit more. There are people that go to liberal arts colleges and have a 3.5 cGPA, but a below 3.0 sGPA and that makes a huge difference.
For the MCAT part, it isn't great, but if your science GPA is above a 3.2 you are likely to get in basing it on the past forums here.

I got interviews at Temple, NYCPM, Western, DMU, Barry, and AZPOD. As of now I am only going to NYCPM and Temple because those are my top choices. Fingers crossed!!
Scholl is taking forever compared to the others, it seems...