2013-2014 Frank H. Netter MD School of Medicine at Quinnipiac University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Would submitting the secondary today be considered late for this school? I received my secondary on 8/1 and was finished with everything by 8/11. For some reason I didn't double check and JUST TODAY realized I didn't click submit -____-

They haven't given any interviews yet so even though it's later than you wanted, it probably won't make as much of a difference compared to other schools about affecting your chance for an interview.

Members don't see this ad.

They haven't given any interviews yet so even though it's later than you wanted, it probably won't make as much of a difference compared to other schools about affecting your chance for an interview.

There seems to be an error with my application. The application won't let me mark the essay portion as complete. Guess I may have to wait until Tuesday to submit my secondary. Does anyone know if admissions works on weekends or on labor day?

i have a question about entering courses. i wonder if the Lab under the course number shows the class was lab only or it was with lab!
thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
i have a question about entering courses. i wonder if the Lab under the course number shows the class was lab only or it was with lab!
thanks
Because my all of my labs were separate course listings, I used that box to denote "lab only" entries.

I'm sure if it were a "with lab" course (and you check the box), they should be able to tell that from the number of credits... right? Anyone else do this a different way?

Finally Submitted my secondary!!!!!

Did anyone leave the parental income section blank? I am not sure what my mother and father's incomes are. Plus, I have been independent for 5-7 years.

Last edited:
II!!!!! Complete 8/1. 3 dates available 9/16, 9/20, or 9/23. It was weird bc I had called them about 20 mins before to tell them my status said I had not paid even though I had a few waiver.

II!!!!! Complete 8/1. 3 dates available 9/16, 9/20, or 9/23. It was weird bc I had called them about 20 mins before to tell them my status said I had not paid even though I had a few waiver.

are they going to add more dates?

II same here. Going to 9/16 interview!

I am sitting here pulling my hair out hoping for an invite :eek:. Haha, I don't think this is healthy... :rolleyes:

However, congratulations to you guys!

With you on that one! im practically bald and its the first round of interview invites lol jk I have a bunch of interviews but this school is HIGH on my list so I've resorted back to checking my email every nano second. Help?

Last edited:
With you on that one! im practically bald and its the first round of interview invites lol jk I have a bunch of interviews but this school is HIGH on my list so I've resorted back to checking my email every nano second. Help?

Haha, I think there's no help for us. I told myself I would stay off e-mail for at least 15 minutes, but I only lasted 5 :eek:. Quinnipiac is definitely in my top 3, so I'm highly neurotic about it. :p

are they going to add more dates?
Heya!

M1 @ Netter here.

First off, yes they will be adding more interview days as the cycle progresses. They don't list them all at once because they want to get people through the pipeline. There will be approximately 400 interview invites going out, so sit tight if you didn't get one yet.

Also, there was a significant screen to get a secondary. The criteria were NOT based solely on MCAT and GPA - they look at what you've done as a "whole" person.

Congrats to those with invites and best of luck to you all- it's a great place to be!

Members don't see this ad :)
Heya!

M1 @ Netter here.

First off, yes they will be adding more interview days as the cycle progresses. They don't list them all at once because they want to get people through the pipeline. There will be approximately 400 interview invites going out, so sit tight if you didn't get one yet.

Also, there was a significant screen to get a secondary. The criteria were NOT based solely on MCAT and GPA - they look at what you've done as a "whole" person.

Congrats to those with invites and best of luck to you all- it's a great place to be!
Thanks so much for the input and putting me a bit more at ease. I do remember seeing a significant screening reflected in certain numbers posted (e.g., a December, 2012 article stating the following: 1,660 applications have been received through the American Medical College Application Service.
290 applications have been screened.
230 applicants have been invited for interviews.
60 applicants have been interviewed
.)

I just hope I didn't shoot myself in the foot by honestly saying I'm currently most interested in a number of specialties as opposed to family medicine/ob-gyn/psychiatry/general surgery.

I hope you're enjoying the start to the year!

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the input and putting me a bit more at ease. I do remember seeing a significant screening reflected in certain numbers posted (e.g., a December, 2012 article stating the following: 1,660 applications have been received through the American Medical College Application Service.
.)

I just hope I didn't shoot myself in the foot by honestly saying I'm currently most interested in a number of specialties as opposed to family medicine/ob-gyn/psychiatry/general surgery.

Do you mean 290 people were given secondaries, or were screened out and not given secondaries? (sorry if this seems like a really silly question hah)

Argh I should've added this school earlier -_- Will being complete around mid September put me at a huge disadvantage?

Odd. So, my app was complete 8/4 and just today the status page changed and says my fee has not been paid. I am FAP, so I went to the fee submission page of the secondary and it says that my app fee was waived. Now I have red check marks next to "fee paid status" and "app complete".

Ohh, today was a wonderful day. All thanks to this school. :D!!!!

.)

I am not sure about the accuracy of the data. The website says that 400 people were invited to interview. So I assume more than 290 people were granted with secondary.

I am not sure about the accuracy of the data. The website says that 400 people were invited to interview. So I assume more than 290 people were granted with secondary.
True, though this article was written in December of last year. Since it was their first year, I wouldn't be surprised if they very thoroughly screened and slowly sent out secondaries/interview invites/interviews (similar to the slow pace of WMed this year).

I'm not trying to defend these numbers... just trying to find any data I can! :)

Interview invite today! Complete 8/1
I am soooo excited that I got an interview invite here!! I am OOS but the only thing I am nervous about is I won't be able to buy a plane ticket in the next two weeks!! So I emailed them and I am really really hoping they will open up later dates so I can afford to go there!!!

Odd. So, my app was complete 8/4 and just today the status page changed and says my fee has not been paid. I am FAP, so I went to the fee submission page of the secondary and it says that my app fee was waived. Now I have red check marks next to "fee paid status" and "app complete".
This happened to me today too. I called earlier and they said there was some type of glitch but that on their end it looks complete. I received an II about 20 mins after calling so it must be ok.

Do any current students know if there is any type of hosting available? I couldn't find anything about that on the page. And how do most people get there? Fly to Bradley and then the CT Limo? Thanks!

It probably depends where you're flying in from. I'm from California and last year flights were significantly cheaper to NYC so I flew into LGA and rented a car to get to my hotel in North Haven. As far as hosting, I know several current students (including me) are interested in hosting but they haven't gotten the program up and running yet. Hopefully soon :) Best of luck guys!

This happened to me today too. I called earlier and they said there was some type of glitch but that on their end it looks complete. I received an II about 20 mins after calling so it must be ok.

Sweet! Hopefully it is a pre-invite glitch, lol! Thank you!

I wrote how I wanted to do Optho because of an eye tumor I had. Did I shoot myself?

I am soooo excited that I got an interview invite here!! I am OOS but the only thing I am nervous about is I won't be able to buy a plane ticket in the next two weeks!! So I emailed them and I am really really hoping they will open up later dates so I can afford to go there!!!

Did you get any response from them?

I wrote how I wanted to do Optho because of an eye tumor I had. Did I shoot myself?

Yeah, I wrote about neuro and radiology since I've done work in both and find them really interesting... but I also mentioned that my interest is largely due to my exposure and that I really think Netter is a great place to explore other disciplines.:shrug: I would hope being honest is okay... I wouldn't have applied if I didn't also have an interest in primary care :p

Did you get any response from them?
I just got an email and call from them! Unfortunately I am at work and cannot answer but she said I will be able to interview at a later date so I am going to call back on Monday to set up a different date (probably a later date that they are going to open anyway). I am so excited!!

Does anyone know if they screen applicants or wait until the AMCAS application is verified prior to sending secondaries?

Does anyone know if they screen applicants or wait until the AMCAS application is verified prior to sending secondaries?

Read the posts a little higher up on this page... Yes, you need to be verified by AMCAS before receiving a secondary, and yes they do pre-screen.

Has there been any other II since last Thursday? I wonder if they will wait a while before handing out any more. Were most people with II complete around 8/1?

congrats everyone! how were people notified of the interview, email or status change?

Has there been any other II since last Thursday? I wonder if they will wait a while before handing out any more. Were most people with II complete around 8/1?

Seems like that was just the very first batch of IIs... Hoping for another round soon!!

it's thursday again! anyone think more invites will go out today?

Oh, I didnt know they screened.
Hoping for some II love soon!

Do any current students know if there is any type of hosting available? I couldn't find anything about that on the page. And how do most people get there? Fly to Bradley and then the CT Limo? Thanks!

Good luck to everyone applying and congrats to those who have been invited for interviews! The M1s are organizing ourselves and working with admissions to provide some hosting. With only one class of students at the school so far, there aren't all that many of us to provide lodging, but we're trying to help out as much as we can! I would ask admissions about it directly if you are really interested in having a student host, since there may not be enough hosts this year to advertise it to all 400 interviewees.

As far as travel, I recommend flying into Bradley and renting a car. The school is in a fairly rural suburban area so there aren't a lot of options for public transport. There is an airport in New Haven that is closer to the school, but it's really tiny and you'll be put on a little commuter jet flight to get there. So it's faster and, if you don't like little planes, less scary to fly into Bradley.