2013-2014 The University of Toledo College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats!
Sorry for being annoying to all those accepted, 2ndary completion date torredchally??
Impatiently awaiting interview invite from UT.......

Members don't see this ad.

Any get an email from Christine Wile this morning? It essentially said they're reviewing application until April and no need to update them. It also gave me options if I don't get into school, which felt like a pre-rejection. I sent in a 2 extra LORs from physicians I've been working with to all schools that haven't rejected me a couple weeks ago and am wondering if that's what prompted the email.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any get an email from Christine Wile this morning? It essentially said they're reviewing application until April and no need to update them. It also gave me options if I don't get into school, which felt like a pre-rejection. I sent in a 2 extra LORs from physicians I've been working with to all schools that haven't rejected me a couple weeks ago and am wondering if that's what prompted the email.

I received the same email. I did not send in any updates, so they must have sent it to everyone.

Reactions: 1 user
I got it as well. I think the last line of the email is the most important part.

I received this email too, but I think UT is just being considerate to their applicants by letting them know that they are not done reviewing applications, I believe they do this every year. Also UT specifically states do not send updates you are asked, in the next weeks most Fall semesters will be up so they might just want to prevent a huge wave of recent transcripts ect. Just my optimistic two cents....

Accepted! Just got the email a couple hours ago :)

I got the email as well, and I haven't sent them any updates. Waiting on that II...
recieved it as well. I don't necessarily think it means pre rejection. They are probably tired of ppl trying to send them updates when they don't want updates so they sent this email asking us to be patient. Ill wait along with you guys.

recieved it as well. I don't necessarily think it means pre rejection. They are probably tired of ppl trying to send them updates when they don't want updates so they sent this email asking us to be patient. Ill wait along with you guys.

Definitely not a pre-rejection. I got the same thing last year and a month later I got an interview invite. I was waitlisted but it basically just means they don't want updates and to stop bothering them about your application status. That's really it. I know a number of ppl who interviewed late and were accepted.

Definitely not a pre-rejection. I got the same thing last year and a month later I got an interview invite. I was waitlisted but it basically just means they don't want updates and to stop bothering them about your application status. That's really it. I know a number of ppl who interviewed late and were accepted.
good to hear brono it is getting a bit depressing over in my corner but I am trying not to dwell on it too much and just live my life until I get that invitation hopefully.

Does anyone know the date for "Second Look" for accepted students at Toledo?

Members don't see this ad :)
Question for any non-Ohio student in M2, M3 or M4 at Toledo.
Are you paying in-state tuition?
If you are, how difficult or easy was it to get the in-state status?
Thanks in advance for answering my question.

They said 12/12 interviewees would hear back by the end of last week. I'm probably going to contact them, I just don't want to seem rude and impatient

Any recent II?? Complete 10/22, my hope is dwindling.....
I know they were delayed getting back to work after the break. Seems a bit erratic over there. They're a week late getting me a final decision and when I sent a letter of intent they didn't even say it was being added to my file or anything. Not really being cool at the moment.

I know they were delayed getting back to work after the break. Seems a bit erratic over there. They're a week late getting me a final decision and when I sent a letter of intent they didn't even say it was being added to my file or anything. Not really being cool at the moment.
Sorry to hear, best of luck and thanks for the reply!

II today I was complete 10/14/13 so there is hope guys

II invited today. OOS. So very excited. Any word on if they have a host program?

II invited today. OOS. So very excited. Any word on if they have a host program?
They have a great host program called Coast to Host. Info should be included on the email from Christine Wile or you can search on the school website. The guys I stayed with answered tons and tons of questions and gave me so much advice. They even talked about certain interviewers and how to handle them if I interview with them. Definitely do the host program!

II today I was complete 10/14/13 so there is hope guys

Congrats!!! Were there a lot of future interview dates to choose from? Just trying to figure out how many interview dates are left, or if they've already scheduled most of their last interviews...

Complete 12/5/13. There were no list of dates, they are just scheduled on Mondays and Thursdays. I just scheduled one for a few weeks from now, so I'm not sure how many spots are left/which days

Still sitting here going insane, waiting to hear from Toledo having interviewed 12/12. Two weeks after they said they'd get back to us. I feel like this dog

Just interviewed a little while back at toledo and it was pretty laid back. The simulation center is amazing, and the med students spoke about camaraderie as a class, which was very cool. If anyone wants more info PM me for more details on what to expect if your interview day is coming up.Excited to hear back from them!

Hey guys, I'm having my interview next week and I was searching for some information about the school on the Toledo website. Would anyone be willing to share some strengths/good stuffs about the school that I may be able to discuss during my interview?

Hey guys, I'm having my interview next week and I was searching for some information about the school on the Toledo website. Would anyone be willing to share some strengths/good stuffs about the school that I may be able to discuss during my interview?
I'm in the same boat buddy...my interview is in March though. Good luck to us!

Got my acceptance call on Tuesday - I'm super-excited. I was blown away at the interview.

Interviewing here 2/10! II 12/26 (IS, 31, 3.9, Complete 8/26)

I'm in the same boat buddy...my interview is in March though. Good luck to us!

If you've already interviewed, sorry I didn't see this ruvuitton. I'm an M1. One thing I really like is the testing center on campus where you can take your boards. You'll see it when you interview, but they're finishing work on a brand new simulation center, which is now it's own building. It's going to be AMAZING. I also like that we have pharmacy, nursing, and PA students on campus too. There's a big emphasis on working with them, and we take "clinical reasoning" with PA students. Minor, but all the buildings are interconnected. That's been nice this winter haha.

Question for any non-Ohio student in M2, M3 or M4 at Toledo.
Are you paying in-state tuition?
If you are, how difficult or easy was it to get the in-state status?
Thanks in advance for answering my question.

Current M3 here and originally an OOS student. I (and pretty much all the other OOSers I know in my class) got IS tuition 2nd year if they wanted it. It's not hard, they have several forms you have to fill out proving you hold an OH mailing address, drivers license, pay utilities here, hold a bank account here, etc. but they could have made it a lot harder than what they did. The main thing I encountered was to make sure your parents don't claim you as a dependent (if they still can) on income tax forms for the year you matriculate.

Current M3 here and originally an OOS student. I (and pretty much all the other OOSers I know in my class) got IS tuition 2nd year if they wanted it. It's not hard, they have several forms you have to fill out proving you hold an OH mailing address, drivers license, pay utilities here, hold a bank account here, etc. but they could have made it a lot harder than what they did. The main thing I encountered was to make sure your parents don't claim you as a dependent (if they still can) on income tax forms for the year you matriculate.
Thanks for the info.

Yes, I believe they are. I just got an email this afternoon inviting me to interview. It didn't have any dates though, so I'm not sure how long they are interviewing for.

thanks for the info,
Do you mind sharing if you are IS or OOS and stats?

Does anyone know why this year Toledo will not accept updates?
After looking at last year posts it seems ppl were successful in sending updates
Has anyone tried to send one in?

Thanks!

Hello hopefuls and accepted med students,
any idea of the last date approximately for interview invite from UT med. Also please share if you know lowest mcat - GPa accepted last year.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Did anyone else get the criminal background check email this morning that has not heard whether they are accepted or wailisted? I can't figure out which school sent this!

I got the background check as well. Don't know whether I'm in or not, but definitely Toledo who sent it. Anyone know whether I'm probably accepted or not? I assume I'll hear from them soon.

Has anyone heard anything lately (or the people who got background check emails) about your status after interview? I interviewed 2/17, and I'm about to die waiting to hear back