2013-2014 University of Colorado Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else that used FAP not see a change in status?

I've been "We have received your CU Online Secondary Application and will begin processing it as soon as we receive your secondary payment fee. [Note: Payment processing may take 7-10 days." since 8/26.....

Members don't see this ad.

On the same boat as you, subitted 8/30. I mean we followed what they said, so it should only be a technical issue

...hopefully :laugh:

On the same boat as you, subitted 8/30. I mean we followed what they said, so it should only be a technical issue

...hopefully :laugh:

Haha, I think I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what's up. I know the secondary app says we don't need to contact their office, but it's definitely past the 7-10 day period.

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha, I think I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what's up. I know the secondary app says we don't need to contact their office, but it's definitely past the 7-10 day period.

I am in the same boat. I have had that status since 8/30. I called today and left a message. Waiting to hear back. Let me know if you hear something!

Thanks! I can't seem to find those directions and the schools hasn't replied to my email or my voicemail. Could you post a link for it? Thanks

Thanks! I can't seem to find those directions and the schools hasn't replied to my email or my voicemail. Could you post a link for it? Thanks

It's actually on the first page of the secondary application (copied and pasted below):

"2. Secondary application fee payment of $100 or AMCAS fee waiver (FAP). At the end of the secondary application you will be directed to the online payment center. You may pay the fee online via credit card or checking (ACH). The secondary fee is non refundable. IF YOU HAVE BEEN GRANTED AN AMCAS FEE WAIVER (FAP), DO NOT COMPLETE THE PAYMENT. IT IS NOT REFUNDABLE. You do not need to contact our office, because the FAP data is imported with your AMCAS file. When we receive your secondary application we will automatically waive the CU fee for all applicants with an AMCAS FAP."

Simple enough thanks! I skipped over that when I read it. Thanks a ton

interview invite!

Checked online impulsively at my status and is says "you have been invited for an MD interview". No email, nothing else, just that..

interview invite!

Checked online impulsively at my status and is says "you have been invited for an MD interview". No email, nothing else, just that..

Congrats! You've had some good last few days! Mind sharing your stats?

interview invite!

Awesome! When did you submit/when were you complete?

Edit: Just checked mine, and I got an II too! Submitted 8/30, complete 9/6. It doesn't say when the interview is though. I assume they will tell us this in an email?

Congrats! You've had some good last few days! Mind sharing your stats?
Thank you! It's been a productive two days, after a month of nothing, its well received on this end!

IS (for Colorado), 3.75-ish cGPA, 3.6-ish sGPA, balanced 33. good LOR's, not a ton of EC's, but the ones I do have are of good depth..

Members don't see this ad :)
interview invite!

II too! Weird that there is no email, yet. Has anyone called the office and asked about this?

-> Just got the email, forget the question!

Last edited:
Got an II this afternoon.I got an email and was invited to interview on 10/11

Submitted 8/29; payment processed 9/5.

cGPA: 3.71
sGPA: 3.98
MCAT: 35N

Secondary Received 8/23
Secondary Submitted 8/27
Secondary Complete 9/19

OOS, low MCAT :(, average GPA, good ECs & LORs that fit well with urban track.

Let's see how lucky I can get! and good luck to everyone else as well!

Secondary Received: 8/28
Submitted: 9/5
Completed: 9/11

OOS, 3.08 undergrad/ 4.00 grad, 34 MCAT, MS in neurophys research, 2 other research projects, great LOR's, tons of clinical exp

lets hope they look beyond GPA *fingers crossed*

I think I'll be giving tours to some of the prospective students. I can't wait to meet you all on interview day! :) good luck this cycle!!

Finally marked complete. I finished my online secondary on 8/26. But, I was using FAP, so that probably explains the delay. Definitely the longest submitted to complete wait time for any school that I applied to.

II this morning! OOS, Complete 9/11. Scheduled for October 11th, that seems so close!

II this morning via email! OOS, complete 9/6, mine is scheduled for Oct. 28

Oops double post!

Last edited:
For those OOS IIs. What are your stats? and did you get an email or did the status just change on their website?

39 MCAT, 4.0 GPA. I got an email and the status never changed on the website for me.

II this morning, submitted secondary 8/26, complete 9/5, interview assigned for mid-October

OOS, MCAT 32-33, GPA ~3.7

It's actually on the first page of the secondary application (copied and pasted below):

"2. Secondary application fee payment of $100 or AMCAS fee waiver (FAP). At the end of the secondary application you will be directed to the online payment center. You may pay the fee online via credit card or checking (ACH). The secondary fee is non refundable. IF YOU HAVE BEEN GRANTED AN AMCAS FEE WAIVER (FAP), DO NOT COMPLETE THE PAYMENT. IT IS NOT REFUNDABLE. You do not need to contact our office, because the FAP data is imported with your AMCAS file. When we receive your secondary application we will automatically waive the CU fee for all applicants with an AMCAS FAP."

How long did it take for the FAP to get approved? I submitted today. So my secondary won't be complete until they approve my FAP?

I'm guessing I just have to sit tight until they send me a complete email. Thanks!

How long did it take for the FAP to get approved? I submitted today. So my secondary won't be complete until they approve my FAP?

I'm guessing I just have to sit tight until they send me a complete email. Thanks!

FAP is automatic, but it takes time for them to update on the status page. Mine was "officially" complete about 14 business days after submitting

Did anybody else on here attend the interview session last Friday (10/4)? I'm pretty sure they mentioned something about sending out monthly updates regarding admissions. Does anyone else remember that or know more about it? Sure would be nice to hear updates as things progress.

II yesterday! OOS
Secondary submitted 9/7, date given was 11/8

Last edited:
Have any other IS applicants not received IIs? I was complete 9/6 and saw some other IS get II but I'm still waiting to hear back- my stats are a little bit lower - anyone know how CU does it?

Have any other IS applicants not received IIs? I was complete 9/6 and saw some other IS get II but I'm still waiting to hear back- my stats are a little bit lower - anyone know how CU does it?

No need to worry yet. I got an II in November of last year--I had plenty of friends in my interview group that got in. I am reapplying IS and also have yet to hear anything. Don't let SDN syndrome freak you out.

Did anyone else interview and forget to turn in that Colorado Springs branch form?

Anyone who's interviewed: Has your status online changed at all? Like any update after your "You have been invited for an MD interview"?

Anyone who's interviewed: Has your status online changed at all? Like any update after your "You have been invited for an MD interview"?

Mine now says: "Thank you for interviewing. Applicants will be advised of final decisions no later than March31st."

Mine changed to something like "thank you for interviewing final decisions will be made by March at the latest". Something along those lines at least.

..20 minutes after posting, my status changed to the same as this. Maybe my paranoia does have an effect...!

Best of luck to everyone - hoping for good news sooner rather than later! Loved interviewing on 10/11.

My secondary was completed 9/4. I logged in a couple weeks ago to see that I had been invited for an interview on 10/1/13.
BUT--I haven't received any emails or any way to select an interview date. I'm confused. It's been almost three weeks since I was supposedly invited. Any ideas?

Received email this morn! II for 10/28!

3.78 gpa, 28 mcat, oos from CA

LizzyM ~66, not URM according to amcas, but maybe so at this school based on last year's data :laugh:

Last edited:

LizzyM ~66, not URM according to amcas, but maybe so at this school based on last year's data :laugh:

Congratulations! It is awesome to see people with similar stats getting interviews at school's on the west. Good luck on your interview!

My secondary was completed 9/4. I logged in a couple weeks ago to see that I had been invited for an interview on 10/1/13.
BUT--I haven't received any emails or any way to select an interview date. I'm confused. It's been almost three weeks since I was supposedly invited. Any ideas?

You should have received an e-mail with an assigned interview date and instructions on how to confirm it. I got the e-mail several days before my status changed on the website. Maybe check that it didn't end up in your spam folder? I would contact the admissions office ASAP to get it figured out, though.

Yeah Jenny!!!!! Congrats :)