2013-2014 University of Southern California (Keck) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I doubt there's a problem if it was 13 months ago. The timeframe isn't really the point of the question, so as long as it is within reason, I doubt it matters.

Members don't see this ad.

has anyone without an mcat score received a secondary yet? i've heard keck doesn't screen, but i haven't received a secondary yet even though i'm verified and GPA is 3.9... i'm guessing it's because my mcat scores aren't in yet? any advice?

Just got an II here! Yay, home turf. :)

IS, completed Jul 12 2013

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an II here! Yay, home turf. :)

IS, completed Jul 12 2013

Good luck!

+1 Also just got an II! YAY!

IS, I was complete 7/10. So it appears for those of you complete a while back there is still hope!

II. I live 20 minutes away from the health sciences campus and I'm really excited to be interviewing on home turf.

IS, non-URM, non-trad, 3.7, 37. Completed 7/17.

What dates/sessions did you guys all choose?

Members don't see this ad :)
:soexcited::soexcited: Just got an interview invite, and it's my first one!

Also wanted to add that I'm OOS.

Last edited:
Complete: 7/22/13
Interview Invite: 8/22/13

First interview invite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the essay question about being remembered in 50 years, did you guys talk about your classmates remembering the medically-related stuff (like what you'd do after graduating from med school) or did you talk about your classmates remembering what you did during med school/what your personality was like during med school?

For the essay question about being remembered in 50 years, did you guys talk about your classmates remembering the medically-related stuff (like what you'd do after graduating from med school) or did you talk about your classmates remembering what you did during med school/what your personality was like during med school?

I took the second approach to emphasize the qualities I would bring to their class.

Rejected pre-interview even though stats are around or above 90th percentile of accepted students. Just saw that MSAR and USNEWS said that USC accepts 0 or 1 intl. applicants out of 300+ apps. Should not have applied. Such a waste of money :/

Congrats to everyone with an Interview Invite, Im so excited! maybe we are potential classmates! Im nervous but excited for my interview here! this is a top choice for me!

Last edited:
Wow... just got my interview invite. OOS, Asian, 3.4 35MCAT. I don't know how I got one but I did.... Good luck to everyone else still waiting to hear back!

Wow... just got my interview invite. OOS, Asian, 3.4 35MCAT. I don't know how I got one but I did.... Good luck to everyone else still waiting to hear back!
Congrats! When were you complete?

I submitted everything on 8/8/2013, got the invite today 8/26/2013!

Got an interview invite for here today!

interview invite just now!! complete 7/20. Rejected from pitt this morning, but this absolutely makes up for it :)

Got an II today! The website's telling me that Dec 4 is the earliest possible interview date though... anyone else that got an II in the past few days also facing a Dec interview?:(

Complete 8/7, 3.8/36 OOS

primary was verified 08/21... haven't received any contact from Keck. Anyone else have a similar delay?

Got an II today! The website's telling me that Dec 4 is the earliest possible interview date though... anyone else that got an II in the past few days also facing a Dec interview?:(

Complete 8/7, 3.8/36 OOS

GPA <3.5 and 33 MCAT. I also had to pick a Dec. interview :(

Already on December interview dates?!?! :eek:

That makes me feel sad ......... :(

+1 :(

When does USC interview until? I really want to go here so badly

Last years thread had interviews given out in November for late January so there's still hope I'd say. Also, didn't a USC student mention that they were building a new admin building so it was messing with the interview dates? It looks like they're still interviewing people complete in July and first week of August so unless USC operates on a really extreme version of first come first serve I wouldn't worry too much yet. At least that's what I keep telling myself :(

Anyone with II's check that they were interested in the Health Technology program?

Has anyone tried to submit the secondary and the fee been rejected? it keeps telling me that my information for the fee isnt correct.

I know other people have had this issue with various other secondaries, but I am not sure what the consensus is on the reason why. On all of my secondaries thus far it says my letters of recommendation have not been received, but AMCAS has them. Thoughts?

I was verified today, FYI. Got the Keck secondary within 30 minutes.

Just got a rejection today.
I thought I had solid stats.
3.46 gpa , 36 MCAT
Mph degree with 3.9 grad GPA.
My mph is actually from USC.
Any one have ideas why they rejected?
Don't they usually wait till later on in the cycle to send out rejections?
Any help would be appreciated.

Just got a rejection today.
I thought I had solid stats.
3.46 gpa , 36 MCAT
Mph degree with 3.9 grad GPA.
My mph is actually from USC.
Any one have ideas why they rejected?
Don't they usually wait till later on in the cycle to send out rejections?
Any help would be appreciated.

Plenty of people have been rejected already. Seems like USC has been sending out rejections every week for the past two to three weeks