2014-2015 Rosalind Franklin University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
oooh, what about the straight male variety of bear? :bear:

too many of those

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
The gay male variety of bear is well received here. :nod:

dope, got any room for fish?
6a00d8341c730253ef0120a5c7d330970c-pi

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
How do I pay this fee for the secondary?

Seriously, how do I pay this fee? Is my money no good here?

maybe they'll bill us after we they give us our acceptances :p or waive it. that'd be awesome.

Yeah, I'm with you guys about the secondary fee. There was no link to submit it and I want some peace of mind.

Yeah, I have looked everywhere and I am also having trouble finding the link to send the fee in.

Definitely can't find anywhere to pay just like everyone else here

Hey everyone. Just letting you know that I filled out the secondary this morning and was allowed to pay after I hit the submit button. Maybe it's working now?

Hmmm I wonder why I didn't get the secondary? Anyone else verified day one and still no email?

I called them about the payment problem. They said to email them with your AMCAS ID and explain the situation.

Has anyone who submitted, but was not prompted to pay contacted admissions?

Does RFUMS have a student run clinic? I've been doing searches on google and SDN but can't find any direct answer. Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Dang, it's hard to fit everything into 100 words or less for the secondary! Anyone else have this problem?

Hmmm I wonder why I didn't get the secondary? Anyone else verified day one and still no email?

I haven't received the secondary either. I added Ros Frank at noon (3pm EST) on the 27th though.

I called them about the payment problem. They said to email them with your AMCAS ID and explain the situation.

Done. will report back with what they say for a solution.

Can't we just resubmit our secondary and pay the fee now that it's working?

Can't we just resubmit our secondary and pay the fee now that it's working?

Seems like it would be a problem to resubmit- I feel like it would cause more problems later on. I think best option is to wait till we hear back

Does RFUMS have a student run clinic? I've been doing searches on google and SDN but can't find any direct answer. Thanks!!
Yes, we have an amazing interprofessional student-run clinic, where M2's are the clinic managers, and there are teams of med students, pharmacy students, podiatry students, psych students, and nursing students who all work together. M4's act as the residents, guiding and teaching, and there are 1-2 attendings so that the teams get experience presenting to attendings. The clinic is just about a year old, so that is why you may have trouble finding much about it on SDN, etc.

Reactions: 5 users
CMS at RFU will send out an e-mail to those who did not get a link to the fee if you simply e-mail them at [email protected] and state your situation, name and AMCAS ID.

I called them this morning and this is what they told me.

Yes, we have an amazing interprofessional student-run clinic, where M2's are the clinic managers, and there are teams of med students, pharmacy students, podiatry students, psych students, and nursing students who all work together. M4's act as the residents, guiding and teaching, and there are 1-2 attendings so that the teams get experience presenting to attendings. The clinic is just about a year old, so that is why you may have trouble finding much about it on SDN, etc.

sounds awesome! thanks!

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Regarding LORs, it says on their website: "No more than three individual letters of recommendation or one committee letter."

I have already sent in my committee packet (which contains 5 letters), as well as a letter from my work. Does anyone know if they are lenient about this?

Regarding LORs, it says on their website: "No more than three individual letters of recommendation or one committee letter."

I have already sent in my committee packet (which contains 5 letters), as well as a letter from my work. Does anyone know if they are lenient about this?

I thought they said in the secondary that they wanted a letter from a medical professional and science professor regardless of whether you were sending three individual letters or the committee letter. I have a committee letter, so I had to send an additional letter to fulfill the medical professional requirement. I didn't see anywhere else in the secondary any more information about additional letters.

+1

Last edited:
I thought they said in the secondary that they wanted a letter from a medical professional and science professor regardless of whether you were sending three individual letters or the committee letter. I have a committee letter, so I had to send an additional letter to fulfill the medical professional requirement. I didn't see anywhere else in the secondary any more information about additional letters.

I emailed them asking if we had to have a letter from a medical professional and they said it was fine without one.

From the first page:

Hi, just wanted to let people know about the LOR limit at RFU because the website says 3 are required (or 1 committee) and it isn't clear if there is a maximum.

I just got a response from RFU today, there are no limits on the number of LORs you may submit (except for the 10 limit by AMCAS). They also said, as on the website, that they encourage one from a science professor whose class you attended you and one from a healthcare professional.

I emailed them asking if we had to have a letter from a medical professional and they said it was fine without one.

From the first page:

Ah, I missed that on the first page. Thanks, it answers my question.

I missed that too. Very good to know!

Does the student-run clinic have a name? Since it is relatively new, do you know how it started (students got together and asked for faculty support, or the administration put it together...)?

Thanks!

Does the student-run clinic have a name? Since it is relatively new, do you know how it started (students got together and asked for faculty support, or the administration put it together...)?

Thanks!

I helped found the clinic. It's called the Interprofessional community clinic. It began as a student vision; we assessed the need for a free clinic based on the population around us, and we organized and asked for faculty support, which we received in abundance. The school now fully funds the clinic, and the attending physicians all come from the school's faculty.

Reactions: 6 users
I helped found the clinic. It's called the Interprofessional community clinic. It began as a student vision; we assessed the need for a free clinic based on the population around us, and we organized and asked for faculty support, which we received in abundance. The school now fully funds the clinic, and the attending physicians all come from the school's faculty.

Oh my goodness, that is so exciting!! Sounds like there is a lot of support for student innovation too. Hopefully some of us will be able to take advantage of your work :)

It's so hard to cramp everything in 100 words.

I am having trouble with the "Why this school" question. I feel like my answer is going to be like everyone else's. Are you guys focusing on things like "good rotation sites" or more like "I have the same core values?"

Why this school? Because it has a GPA and MCAT within my range. You have to be honest lest you spend eternity in hell.

Reactions: 6 users
Why this school? Because it has a GPA and MCAT within my range. You have to be honest lest you spend eternity in hell.

i wish i had said that

Just got the complete e-mail! Yay!

How "optional" do you think the optional essay is? I am struggling.......