2014-2015 University of Vermont Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wait so is this status indicating complete or they're still syncing up letters and what not?

"Your supplemental application has been received. Please note that it may take 6-8 weeks for all materials to be processed; at certain times of the year, it may take as many as 10-12 weeks. You should continue to periodically check on the status of your file through the Online Applicant Center. We appreciate your patience!"

Members don't see this ad.

Wait so is this status indicating complete or they're still syncing up letters and what not?

"Your supplemental application has been received. Please note that it may take 6-8 weeks for all materials to be processed; at certain times of the year, it may take as many as 10-12 weeks. You should continue to periodically check on the status of your file through the Online Applicant Center. We appreciate your patience!"

I have this as well. I think it means complete but not yet reviewed.

Same as well. Only the 5th week after submission for me so I am trying to sit back and be patient!

Members don't see this ad :)
To those who have gotten IIs, congrats! Were you small pooled before the invite?

To those who have gotten IIs, congrats! Were you small pooled before the invite?
I was small pooled, though it was much more recently than some of the others in this thread, probably only 1.5 weeks ago.

Reactions: 1 user

Yes, unfortunately I can't be too helpful with the timing because I didn't really note any dates but I was small pooled I'm pretty sure the earliest date I saw people posting status changes on this thread. I turned this secondary in like two hours after receiving it (thank you for a short secondary UVM!).

Thanks for the congrats, good luck to you!

Cheers

My status has now changed to say it's under preliminary review. That's progress at least!

Thank you!!!! I was complete and small pooled on August 7th, I submitted my application on July 22nd!

Yep. Weird that it's on a Saturday. I'm not complaining though!

Congrats! Sat. interviews sound better anyway. Quick question: I'm pretty sure the small pool status is through the OAC, but the II is through email, right?

Congrats! Sat. interviews sound better anyway. Quick question: I'm pretty sure the small pool status is through the OAC, but the II is through email, right?

Thanks! Yes I received my II through email. However, I interviewed at UVM last year and I did not get an email that time, I found out by checking the student portal after being small pooled so definitely check back from time to time just in case something like that happens.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats guys!! I would suggest making hotel reservations asap-- my date filled up really quickly for the special pricing (although there's a food event that weekend, so that might be why...)!

II! Excited but my wallet definitely isn't.

Reactions: 3 users
II here as well!!! Wow!!! Very unexpected.

WOW. You're doing pretty well. It's not even September!!

Thank you!!!! I know, I'm simultaneously shocked, stoked, and concerned... I don't think my GPA is gonna be too happy about all this hahaha

Reactions: 3 users
I'm pretty positive the answer to this is no, since the email just tells you to use the online app center to confirm, but you don't reply to this sort of interview invitation email with a thanks/I'm excited to be coming or anything, right?

I'm pretty positive the answer to this is no, since the email just tells you to use the online app center to confirm, but you don't reply to this sort of interview invitation email with a thanks/I'm excited to be coming or anything, right?

No, I think it is automated when the staff schedules the interview. I called to reschedule and I got an identical email right away with the new date.

II this afternoon! OOS, LizzyM ~70. Secondary submitted on 7/20, complete 8/21, and small-pooled on 8/25. I'm so excited to in interview here!!

Got asked on a dream date by my crush school today.
Aka II.
I am so BEYOND right now!

Reactions: 7 users
So, I got a speeding ticket while driving to another interview. Do I need to tell UVM?

Anyone know what hotels in the area offer deals or which ones are the best to stay at?

So, I got a speeding ticket while driving to another interview. Do I need to tell UVM?

It's up to you. If you are interviewed and accepted and they conduct a driving record check it will show up though. Do you have a fairly clean record otherwise? If so, it may not be that big a deal. If you don't though, they may see that as recklessness or an indication of a habit for disregarding laws and I don't think they would be too chuffed about that.

It's up to you. If you are interviewed and accepted and they conduct a driving record check it will show up though. Do you have a fairly clean record otherwise? If so, it may not be that big a deal. If you don't though, they may see that as recklessness or an indication of a habit for disregarding laws and I don't think they would be too chuffed about that.
Thanks for the reply! I'm 26 and have never gotten a speeding ticket. I just remember they asked about tickets on the secondary....

Thanks for the reply! I'm 26 and have never gotten a speeding ticket. I just remember they asked about tickets on the secondary....

If they asked on the secondary, I would let them know. Since you have an otherwise clean driving record, you can always say that you were nervous/excited about the interview you were headed to. It happens to the best of us.

Quick question on the secondary guys. What did you write for the speeding ticket description? I just wrote month and date.. had 2 unfortunately. Also, did you guys write anything for the additional information regarding the minimum requirement coureses? I selected Bio, Chem, Org, and Physics and they give a box with about 1000 character limit to provide option info.. not sure if I talk about grades or just leave it?

Finally on preliminary review! OOS, submitted around 7/20 :)

If they asked on the secondary, I would let them know. Since you have an otherwise clean driving record, you can always say that you were nervous/excited about the interview you were headed to. It happens to the best of us.
I don't really know how you'd do this though without drawing unnecessary attention to it. I don't think it would be appropriate to mention at the interview. The secondary asked about previous speeding tickets not future ones.

I don't really know how you'd do this though without drawing unnecessary attention to it. I don't think it would be appropriate to mention at the interview. The secondary asked about previous speeding tickets not future ones.

I agree with not mentioning it at the interview. I might just send an email or letter to the admissions office and let them add it to your file (or not). Some schools require that you provide this information during the cycle (not sure if UVM is one of them).

I'm 99% sure the secondary said that if you got another one that you have to tell them.

Hey guys, for anyone who has an interview on Saturday the 27th, I just called the office to confirm because of the confusing message regarding interviews only taking place on Tuesdays & Thursdays and apparently the times posted on the online applicant center are incorrect. My invitation said that interview day would begin at 10:30 AM but the actual time is 8 AM with a suggested arrival time of 7:45 AM. Hope this is helpful!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys, for anyone who has an interview on Saturday the 27th, I just called the office to confirm because of the confusing message regarding interviews only taking place on Tuesdays & Thursdays and apparently the times posted on the online applicant center are incorrect. My invitation said that interview day would begin at 10:30 AM but the actual time is 8 AM with a suggested arrival time of 7:45 AM. Hope this is helpful!

My interview is on a Saturday too. Did she confirm that that was okay?

Small pooled today: Lizzy M ~70, OOS, submitted secondary 7/21. Good luck to everyone and congrats on the IIs!!

Was anyone small-pooled but not put under "preliminary review" beforehand? Or invited for an interview but not put under "preliminary review" beforehand. Just wondering.

Was anyone small-pooled but not put under "preliminary review" beforehand? Or invited for an interview but not put under "preliminary review" beforehand. Just wondering.

I may have been. I submitted and then when I checked a few days later I had already been small pooled.

Congrats to all the II's! I just checked today and it seems I've been small pooled (not sure exactly when that happened...I haven't been checking regularly) but I hope to be joining that group eventually! I've been dreaming of going to UVM since as soon as I decided I wanted to study medicine.

Small-pooled. I'm not sure when it happened, but I was still under review the last time I checked, which was on Friday 8/29. I submitted my secondary on 7/21.

Last edited: