2016 Western University of Health Science

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
oh so they told you that none were rejected?? interesting...

no actually I didnt ask them... but last Friday they told me they are not gonne send any emails today and they did....

Members don't see this ad.

hello i am in the same situation. I am currently taking a physics class and a biology class at cal state san bernadino, when I hear back from western, hopefully an acceptance, I will just drop all these classes. I interviewed 1/28:)

did anyone hear from western today? this wait is tiring!
is it appropriate to send:laugh: thank you email to your interviewers afterwards

really ? so we were lucky that we didn't get rejected ....but I dont we should believe them or not since they are telling each of us different things ....:xf:

same with me lol! but i did call and ask if they have sent out any rejections to western's 1/28 candidates and she did say yes...

so thats good and bad news for us... good that they did eliminate some but bad to those who were eliminated =/

Wow!!!!! I'm surprised o_o yeah very true that we didn't get rejected then!! >.<

Members don't see this ad :)
is it appropriate to send:laugh: thank you email to your interviewers afterwards

Yup it is appropriate to send thank you emails! I heard it is actually recommended :) Do not wait after a week to send it though! I sent them right after my interviews :)
(and for your first question, I am put on hold from the 1/28 interview :()

1/28 interviewees are hearing back from the AC. That means 3/3 interviewees should be hearing something soon. :thumbup:

Always appropriate to send thank yous.

I personally don't see a reason to do this as you should have already thanked them DURING your interview. It's pretty much a suck-up move if you send a second thank you imo, however, you are free to do as you please. Sending a ty letter after you get accepted, now that is something I would completely understand.

Also, I've known many people who have gotten accepted into great pharmacy schools without sending any ty letters at all. So I wouldn't say it is recommended, so don't feel like it'll jeopardize your chances of getting accepted.

Speaking of thank you emails.....I usually send them right after my interviews but I realized I never did for Western lol...oh well.....

Anyone know if they are still sending out interviews for 3/3? It's starting to get close and I haven't heard anything from them yet.

Anyone know if they are still sending out interviews for 3/3? It's starting to get close and I haven't heard anything from them yet.

We all know what happen last time. It was a last minute notification. I believe the latest one came 5 days before the interview date.

Anyone know how to confirm for the interview? I got invited via email in early Feb. i emailed back but never receive a confirmation email!
I called but no one picked up the phone :(

Anyone know how to confirm for the interview? I got invited via email in early Feb. i emailed back but never receive a confirmation email!
I called but no one picked up the phone :(

What i did was i left a voice message and my email address and called the next morning to follow up (still didn't pick up though) they sent the invitation via email later that day hope this helps

Members don't see this ad :)
Wtheck i was about to drop my biochem class at smc and right then I got an email tellingme they invited me on the 3rd for an interview!:soexcited:

So there is still hope guys! I guess I will be interviewing on my bday lmao.

And my trek will continue to forever crowded smc. Sigh..

Wtheck i was about to drop my biochem class at smc and right then I got an email tellingme they invited me on the 3rd for an interview!:soexcited:

congratulations.

You've gotten into some great schools though, you rather go to Western?

congratulations.

You've gotten into some great schools though, you rather go to Western?

Haha thanks! You know you're not the first person to say that to me haha. Honestly, my dad is a lot older than most people's and I am severely dreading leaving him for 4 years.

Not only that but I really have made good connections and networked with many places in California and it would be a shame to move away and potentially lose that.

Besides that, Western's block style seems great for someone like me! Since my junior year I have been in contact with them :)

Haha thanks! You know you're not the first person to say that to me haha. Honestly, my dad is a lot older than most people's and I am severely dreading leaving him for 4 years.

Not only that but I really have made good connections and networked with many places in California and it would be a shame to move away and potentially lose that.

Besides that, Western's block style seems great for someone like me! Since my junior year I have been in contact with them :)

Wow, props to you for sticking to it to the end. Yea family is one of the reason why I might be choosing Western over other programs.

Hope you rock the interview and hear good news after.

Wow, props to you for sticking to it to the end. Yea family is one of the reason why I might be choosing Western over other programs.

Hope you rock the interview and hear good news after.

Congrats on your acceptance!!! Where else did you get in if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks so much, I hope my bday brings me good luck:xf::D

I received an interview invite for 3/3 too via email.

amhong did you confirm your invite with a reply by using email or did you call danielle?

I feel so left out right now, but I'm waiting down to the last minute. :xf::luck::xf:

Always appropriate to send thank yous.

I personally don't see a reason to do this as you should have already thanked them DURING your interview. It's pretty much a suck-up move if you send a second thank you imo, however, you are free to do as you please. Sending a ty letter after you get accepted, now that is something I would completely understand.

Also, I've known many people who have gotten accepted into great pharmacy schools without sending any ty letters at all. So I wouldn't say it is recommended, so don't feel like it'll jeopardize your chances of getting accepted.

Only reason why I send thank yous is because P3 & P4 students from WesternU who have interviewed pre-pharm students many times told me they highly suggest it. Of course, each school is different and many students have gotten in without sending any thank yous. It's just a preference/gesture; it worked well for me!

I cant call because my phone doesnt work when I am outside the US so I emailed back but did not get a confirmation. If I don't hear anything by Monday I am going to call!

I received an interview invite for 3/3 too via email.

amhong did you confirm your invite with a reply by using email or did you call danielle?

congrats on these acceptances!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
did you take PCAT? if you did, what is your score?
I see you getting accepted into western as well

Does anyone know when they are going to send out the second list of acceptances for the 1/28 interview? I haven't heard back anything :confused:

congrats on these acceptances!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
did you take PCAT? if you did, what is your score?
I see you getting accepted into western as well

Yes I had to take the PCAT for the out of state schools :( I got a 92 composite, I dont have my scores with me right now for the subtest but I know i got 96 and 98 in chem and bio not sure which was 96 and which was 98. And I got 87-89 on reading comp.. I think I posted them on another thread for Roseman if you search my old posts?

Thanks so much! I hope I get in.. but they are so tough now :/ and really my pharmcas gpa suckssss

Yes I had to take the PCAT for the out of state schools :( I got a 92 composite, I dont have my scores with me right now for the subtest but I know i got 96 and 98 in chem and bio not sure which was 96 and which was 98. And I got 87-89 on reading comp.. I think I posted them on another thread for Roseman if you search my old posts?

Thanks so much! I hope I get in.. but they are so tough now :/ and really my pharmcas gpa suckssss

92 composite.....wow....

all i can say is I'm lucky that I applied super early and interviewed before all of you guys...:laugh:

i just received an invitation to the interview yesterday ... I just sent a confirmation email, does anyone know if they gonna reply back regarding the interview location, schedule, etc.. ?

Did you miss the part where I said my gpa suckssssss LOL I would rather have a good gpa > good PCAT, because California doesn't even accept PCAT scores womp.

92 composite.....wow....

all i can say is I'm lucky that I applied super early and interviewed before all of you guys...:laugh:

i just received an invitation to the interview yesterday ... I just sent a confirmation email, does anyone know if they gonna reply back regarding the interview location, schedule, etc.. ?

of course they will reply back regarding the specifics and agenda for the interview. just be patient. it will come. and it will include your parking permit should you decide to drive and park on campus

of course they will reply back regarding the specifics and agenda for the interview. just be patient. it will come. and it will include your parking permit should you decide to drive and park on campus

I'm also in the same boat. I received the interview invite via email on Feb 8, and promptly emailed my intent to attend. But I haven't gotten an email back. o.o" Of course I'm going to be patient for the specifics, but it doesn't mean anything bad if they didn't reply back yet, right?

I just checked my email for my interview, the only email I received from Daniell is one about parking permit. No specifics and agenda of the interview day was mentioned.

Daniell's email came December 2nd for the December 10th interview.

I still have not heard anything from western. i interviewed 1/28. who knows what this silent treatment could mean. please help me!!!!!
I just checked my email for my interview, the only email I received from Daniell is one about parking permit. No specifics and agenda of the interview day was mentioned.

I still have not heard anything from western. i interviewed 1/28. who knows what this silent treatment could mean. please help me!!!!!

I know many people don't believe me when I say this...but WesternU has not had a good track record on being efficient and fast in processing lol

I know many people don't believe me when I say this...but WesternU has not had a good track record on being efficient and fast in processing lol

Oh i hope ... U mean we may be hear something soon ?!

Oh i hope ... U mean we may be hear something soon ?!

im not meaning anything, im just saying people thought Western will get back to you within the time frame they said they were....not true.

They never stick to their timeline so just wait until something happens i guess, i know it sucks balls but expecting Western to get back to you within the time they tell you will drive you nuts...

im not meaning anything, im just saying people thought Western will get back to you within the time frame they said they were....not true.

They never stick to their timeline so just wait until something happens i guess, i know it sucks balls but expecting Western to get back to you within the time they tell you will drive you nuts...

I know its really hard ... I hope this is the case thanks :):xf:

haha i've never had a problem. They were pretty efficient and fast when I had a mishap on my supplemental...had to go through the tech department and everything. But it was all finished within that hour that I called.

No confirmation email either?? Makes me feel a little uneasy haha.

Just imagine this scenario: walk in on the day of interview ... "excuse me miss, you were taken off the list, we somehow didn't receive your intent to attend the interview. Sorry you'll have to go home." haha o_o"

No confirmation email either?? Makes me feel a little uneasy haha.

Just imagine this scenario: walk in on the day of interview ... "excuse me miss, you were taken off the list, we somehow didn't receive your intent to attend the interview. Sorry you'll have to go home." haha o_o"

ho damn, you're a miss. Now I feel bad for calling you man....wow okay.

As long as you responded to the interview invite, you have grounds when they try to do anything fishy since emails have records. I'm sure you guys will be fine whether to get the confirmation or not. Although the earlier interview dates are phone call invites. I'd wait for the email about parking and if that's doesnt come Monday or Tuesday, I'd call into admissions and ask. You don't have to talk to Daniell to get answers. Everytime I call Michelle, it's never her that answered my questions.

you didnt get the hold email?

Nope nothing =,( I swear they forgot about me. Didn't someone mention that they sent out all the hold emails?! Maybe we are on the second acceptance list =))

Nope nothing =,( I swear they forgot about me. Didn't someone mention that they sent out all the hold emails?! Maybe we are on the second acceptance list =))

Perhaps yeah! I thought they sent out all hold emails but maybe not. And I read from another member that there was a second acceptance list but I'm not sure....let us know when you hear something!!

Another day without any response...:/

dont sweat yet... i felt the same way... i have a feeling they will make invites on mondays and tuesdays the week of... thats when i received mine!

dont sweat yet... i felt the same way... i have a feeling they will make invites on mondays and tuesdays the week of... thats when i received mine!

whenever i see your username i want to say dat shi cray

ho damn, you're a miss. Now I feel bad for calling you man....wow okay.

LOL, hey, men can be patient lovers, too right? I would certainly hope so. :D

As long as you responded to the interview invite, you have grounds when they try to do anything fishy since emails have records. I'm sure you guys will be fine whether to get the confirmation or not. Although the earlier interview dates are phone call invites. I'd wait for the email about parking and if that's doesnt come Monday or Tuesday, I'd call into admissions and ask. You don't have to talk to Daniell to get answers. Everytime I call Michelle, it's never her that answered my questions.

I got my parking pass today finally, phew.