2017-2018 University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Really hoping to get off the waitlist here, but it seems like the class seems pretty full :(

Members don't see this ad.

Just emailed admissions to withdraw from UIWSOM. Best of luck to whoever gets the open seat!

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone still waiting on hearing back from the waitlist? Orientation starts today...

Members don't see this ad :)
We haven't seen or heard of any new additions to our class but I know of at least one that left a few days ago.

Sent from my Pixel XL using SDN mobile

I want to apply for the 2018 cycle. Does anyone know if one of the letters has to be from a physician? My letter is from a respiratory therapist when I worked in the hospital. Only difference is he's not a doctor. I'm not close to many doctors since I worked in the ER and they are really busy most of the time.

I want to apply for the 2018 cycle. Does anyone know if one of the letters has to be from a physician? My letter is from a respiratory therapist when I worked in the hospital. Only difference is he's not a doctor. I'm not close to many doctors since I worked in the ER and they are really busy most of the time.
From UIWSOM's site: "Three letters of recommendation: One from a physician (preferably DO), one from a premed advisor or health professions admissions committee (HPAC), and one from a science faculty member. Non-traditional students can substitute one faculty or HPAC letter with a more recent reference (employer, volunteer/community service supervisor, etc.)."

Physician letter is required and can't be substituted, it seems.

Anyone nervous about being accepted at a provisionally accredited school? I’m sure it will become accredited, but still a little nerve wracking. Any current students who can comment?

Anyone nervous about being accepted at a provisionally accredited school? I’m sure it will become accredited, but still a little nerve wracking. Any current students who can comment?

I decided not to attend UIW, but I do go to ARCOM which is also not fully accredited.

No, don't worry about it. If it doesn't become accredited (which it will) they will transfer you to another COM.