2019-2020 Morehouse

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted LOI two days ago. Received pre-II rejection few moments ago. Good luck to the rest of you guys!

yep just got the pre-II. good luck y'all! disappointed cause i thought i was a good candidate.

yep just got the pre-II. good luck y'all! disappointed cause i thought i was a good candidate.
Its okay. Keep your head up. Just know that EVERYTHING happens for a reason. I'm sure you are a great candidate but another school needs you more than this one does. It's always a blessing at the end of the tunnel.

Reactions: 7 users
Its okay. Keep your head up. Just know that EVERYTHING happens for a reason. I'm sure you are a great candidate but another school needs you more than this one does. It's always a blessing at the end of the tunnel.
Thank you! I appreciate it! I got into some great schools that I truly loved so still grateful because #doctorbound :) GL y'all!

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone on the waitlist hear anything yet?

Reactions: 1 users
Pre-II rejection today, but that’s okay because going elsewhere! Good luck to everyone else with interviews or on the waitlist!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviews scheduled for the 27th will be virtual due to COVID-19! More information TBA.

Reactions: 2 users
Primary Completed: 7/31/19

Secondary Offered: 8/23/19

Secondary/Application Completed: 10/6/19 (late due to personal emergency)

Rejection: 3/17/20

Goodluck all!

Reactions: 1 user
Can letters of recommendation be sent as an update to add to an application file?

Is MSM receptive to post-interview update letters? And do we just email them to the admissions email?

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know when those on the post-interview waitlist might hear back?

Is MSM receptive to post-interview update letters? And do we just email them to the admissions email?
I sent them a post-interview update letter this was their reply:

“Thank you for providing us with your updates. All things to be considered.

Best,
MD Admissions”

I sent through this email: [email protected]

I sent them a post-interview update letter this was their reply:

“Thank you for providing us with your updates. All things to be considered.

Best,
MD Admissions”

I sent through this email: [email protected]

was this simply post-interview? do you know if they would accept letters if waitlisted?

was this simply post-interview? do you know if they would accept letters if waitlisted?
They accept update letters if you're waitlisted! I sent one about a month or so back and they replied with "Thank you very much for your continued interest."

Does anyone know if they’ll accept a letter of intent post interview and if so where can I send it to?

I would just say, "To Whom It May Concern," then just tell them attached is your letter of intent.

I interviewed 3/4 and I'm awaiting my decision. I filled out my FAFSA on 3/17 and it was processed 3/18 but I just found out the deadline for institutional aid and scholarships was 3/16 and did not submit parental information. Does this mean that I'm out of the running for this type of aid or is it too late for this to be corrected? Hopefully the 3/16 date is just for that type of aid versus ANY type of financial aid.

I interviewed 3/4 and I'm awaiting my decision. I filled out my FAFSA on 3/17 and it was processed 3/18 but I just found out the deadline for institutional aid and scholarships was 3/16 and did not submit parental information. Does this mean that I'm out of the running for this type of aid or is it too late for this to be corrected? Hopefully the 3/16 date is just for that type of aid versus ANY type of financial aid.
You should be fine :)

"Students accepted for admission after the March 16, 2020, Financial Aid deadline will be granted 14 business days to submit all required documentation. Files completed within the 14 day timeframe will be reviewed to determine eligibility for Institutional grants/scholarships (Need based aid). "

Reactions: 2 users
Got a status update email this morning telling me that my application is still under review and that the decision process can go as far out as May.

Reactions: 4 users
Lol just out of curiosity, when did we all interview? I know there were some of us from January who haven't heard back yet?

I interviewed in October, was Waitlisted in November, and also got that email. Interestingly the file had the date that I was originally waitlisted at the top of the letter.

Got the same email. I really hope they didn't waitlist everyone who interviewed and didn't get accepted. I haven't seen anyone get a post-interview rejection

Got the same email. I really hope they didn't waitlist everyone who interviewed and didn't get accepted. I haven't seen anyone get a post-interview rejection

Someone from my interview group in January was rejected post-interview. Keep the faith.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Interviewed mid February and still haven’t heard a peep.