2020-2021 Morehouse

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sending positive energy to whoever is trying to go to this school. We got this!!!:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Anyone pay a seat deposit fee but end up withdrawing their acceptance? Do we get the refund back to the card we used?

Members don't see this ad :)
Bruh I hope so, its been 7 weeks for me now lol
Dang lol. They did say during the interview that they let people know sooner than later if they are rejected. Soooo... maybe it’s a good sign lol.

Reactions: 1 users
Dang lol. They did say during the interview that they let people know sooner than later if they are rejected. Soooo... maybe it’s a good sign lol.
Plus I know SDN applicants probably make up at least 5% of their total applicants but I haven't seen anyone get an II for awhile. Also they just dished out a pre II rejection wave so I'm definitely dodging something lol

Reactions: 1 user
Plus I know SDN applicants probably make up at least 5% of their total applicants but I haven't seen anyone get an II for awhile. Also they just dished out a pre II rejection wave so I'm definitely dodging something lol
*fingers crossed* I hope we get good news soon!

No news for me today... see y’all next week lol

Lol we gotta at least hear something back before April sheesh
I have a friend who attends MSM now and she said she interviewed on January 2nd and didnt get an acceptance til April 25th. After she told me that I’ve just been over here trying to forget about it cause it looks like it could be a while lololol

Reactions: 2 users
I have a friend who attends MSM now and she said she interviewed on January 2nd and didnt get an acceptance til April 25th. After she told me that I’ve just been over here trying to forget about it cause it looks like it could be a while lololol
Jeez lol, well thanks for sharing that!

Members don't see this ad :)
My interview is 03/26. I got the invite last week in January. Following the trend, I might have to wait for ages before getting a decision

My interview is 03/26. I got the invite last week in January. Following the trend, I might have to wait for ages before getting a decision
Same here. My interview was on March 12th and I’m afraid of not hearing back till May or early June, given how people that interviewed in January still haven’t heard anything

Same here. My interview was on March 12th and I’m afraid of not hearing back till May or early June, given how people that interviewed in January still haven’t heard anything
At least late May for sure, they told me during my interview the max wait time is two months lol

Does anyone know how does it work if we submit our final deposit for a DO school, will Morehouse get notified and remove us? I am still waiting on a decision from Morehouse but I also don’t want to lose my spot at another school just in case.

Does anyone know how does it work if we submit our final deposit for a DO school, will Morehouse get notified and remove us? I am still waiting on a decision from Morehouse but I also don’t want to lose my spot at another school just in case.
AACOMAS and AAMC are separate so MD schools will have no knowledge of DO schools you’ve been accepted to. Also in general I’ve never heard of a school removing an applicant’s acceptance, WL, or interview (not sure what you meant by that) for submitting a deposit to another school.

AACOMAS and AAMC are separate so MD schools will have no knowledge of DO schools you’ve been accepted to. Also in general I’ve never heard of a school removing an applicant’s acceptance, WL, or interview (not sure what you meant by that) for submitting a deposit to another school.
Thank you so much for this explanation! I really appreciate it. I meant at the interview, Morehouse told us that if we commit to enroll at another school they will remove us from the pool. So that is what I was referring to. I just wasn't sure how that works with acceptances from DO schools.

Thank you so much for this explanation! I really appreciate it. I meant at the interview, Morehouse told us that if we commit to enroll at another school they will remove us from the pool. So that is what I was referring to. I just wasn't sure how that works with acceptances from DO schools.
I’m sure the “commitment” is referring to the AMCAS tool when you officially commit to another MD program.

A lot of waitlists, I wonder what happened

I don’t want to seem rude for coming in here after all of you guys 🙁 I just got accepted, my interview was January 29th! For those of you on the waitlist who really want to go here, please don’t give up hope! Ive heard that they moved alot of people off the WL last year!

Reactions: 5 users
I don’t want to seem rude for coming in here after all of you guys 🙁 I just got accepted, my interview was January 29th! For those of you on the waitlist who really want to go here, please don’t give up hope! Ive heard that they moved alot of people off the WL last year!
Congrats! I got waitlisted here, but I may ask what are you stats and when did you submit the secondary?

Not rude at all. Huge congrats on your acceptance!!😊🎉 I got waitlisted but I wanted to ask if you sent a letter of intent.

Congrats! I got waitlisted here, but I may ask what are you stats and when did you submit the secondary?
Thank you so much! I submitted my secondary the first week in October! URM, IS, 503 MCAT, 3.7 cgpa, 3.5 sgpa

Also accepted! Interviewed in late Jan, OOS, did not send a letter of intent, congrats to everyone :)

Is there anything that we have to do to accept the waitlist?

One of my interviewers were 20 minutes late and conducted my interview from his car as he had to pull over but I'm trying not to be salty lol

Did they acknowledge your letter when you sent it?
Building on this question, does anyone get an acknowledgement when sending an LOI? I sent one a while back and haven't heard anything.
Yep! They sent me an email maybe like an hour or so after I emailed it to them! I scheduled it to send at like 9 AM so it would be one of the first things they saw 😭