2019-2020 University of Houston

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can anyone that interviewed today share their thoughts or share anything about their interview experience?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
A coworker of mine knows someone connected to the COM and said they are figuring out what to do in case UH closes their campus. They want to have all acceptances by the TMDSAS/AAMC commitment guidelines so they have to keep interviewing. If TMDSAS/AAMC gives all schools an extension, then they’ll consider rescheduling interviews/adding more dates.

The mayor just announced they will close the Houston Rodeo today and cancel future dates, so perhaps UH will close soon?

With all the schools canceling their second looks, I feel like more school closings are just around the corner.

Any other interview invites?
They sent me an invitation today, at 3:30pm (CT), for an interview. The only thing they posted in relation to the Corona virus was a public health notice warning students to not show up to interviews if they had a fever or cough. Also, a link to a UofH Corona virus advisory.

Reactions: 1 users
They sent me an invitation today, at 3:30pm (CT), for an interview. The only thing they posted in relation to the Corona virus was a public health notice warning students to not show up to interviews if they had a fever or cough. Also, a link to a UofH Corona virus advisory.
when were you complete?

Does anyone have a link to the portal website to check status? I cannot find it anywhere and I just received an email from them to check the portal but there’s no link. Thanks in advance

Does anyone have a link to the portal website to check status? I cannot find it anywhere and I just received an email from them to check the portal but there’s no link. Thanks in advance
isnt it the same portal you used to submit the secondary?

edit: when were you complete (I take it it was an interview?)

Congrats... if you don't mind what are your stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wondering, for those who got interviews.. are y'all EMTs, MAs, paramedics, or anything of the sort?
Also is there anyone who got an interview without having taken A&P?

Just wondering, for those who got interviews.. are y'all EMTs, MAs, paramedics, or anything of the sort?
I am a clinical research coordinator and was a unit secretary in undergrad. So i extensively work clinically. I did take a&p online at my community college

@JustAUser as far as I can see, A&P is not a pre-requisite for this school.

Has Admissions said anything to you about postponing interviews due to COVID-19? Since the campus is closed and all.
Nope. Just waiting for an update. I signed up for the 24th so we will see what they say!

I'm an EMT (although it's not my full-time job, I did work one shift a week). I also did not take A&P.

I haven't heard anything about interviews being cancelled, it's definitely a hard choice to make but there's no real opportunity for them to delay and still have a class-- I guess if they just accepted everyone they've interviewed so far they could probably fill up a class? :p

No and yes! I think they are very mission oriented and weigh that heavily. Just speculation, but they probably look for that stuff in the applications.

They're switching to virtual interviews effective immediately, more information to come soon. Interested to see how it will work out! Unfortunately I already booked my flight :x

Reactions: 2 users
They're switching to virtual interviews effective immediately, more information to come soon. Interested to see how it will work out! Unfortunately I already booked my flight :x
I know what you mean :( I made arrangements for my interview this upcoming week and now the interview will be online lol. Good luck with your upcoming virtual interview and best wishes for everyone else here :)!

Maybe the airline will refund you? I think I saw on the news that they were doing that.

I doubt they will do MMI over webcam lol. Most likely it will be 1 on 1 or even a panel. At least they didn’t straight up cancel them!

Maybe the airline will refund you? I think I saw on the news that they were doing that.

I doubt they will do MMI over webcam lol. Most likely it will be 1 on 1 or even a panel. At least they didn’t straight up cancel them!
Yeah MMI would be a challenge... But it's also going to be tricky to compare MMI scores to individual interview scores. I know they'll do their best, but it's a challenge to figure all this stuff no matter how you look at it.

I booked with Southwest, so they have a pretty decent policy anyway where you get airline credit good for one year for any cancellation. So if I get into UH it'll be great, I'll just use the credit to move down there! But if not, I don't really have anything to use that credit on :confused:

But it's better than nothing it would really stink to be stuck on a flight with no refund policy at all!

Last edited:
Yeah MMI would be a challenge... But it's also going to be tricky to compare MMI scores to individual interview scores. I know they'll do their best, but it's a challenge to figure all this stuff no matter how you look at it.

I booked with Southwest, so they have a pretty decent policy anyway where you get airline credit good for one year for any cancellation. So if I get into UH it'll be great, I'll just use the credit to move down there! But if not, I don't really have anything to use that credit on :confused:

But it's better than nothing it would really stink to be stuck on a flight with no refund policy at all!
Yes, Southwest will refund you :) ! I'm wondering if the remaining interviews running through April will be virtual too or if it's just us March interviewees :/ ? They might still perform MMI interviews virtually to keep it consistent with the first 3 in-person interviews completed already.

Does anyone know if they’re still giving out interviews or are they all booked up?

Just got an email saying an admission decision had been reached. Anyone else get this?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using SDN mobile

Just got an email saying an admission decision had been reached. Anyone else get this?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using SDN mobile
Did it say admissions decision or applicant status change? Either way you'll have to log into the portal to see... Do you still have the link to the portal?

Have you interviewed at the school?
Did it say admissions decision or applicant status change? Either way you'll have to log into the portal to see... Do you still have the link to the portal?
Hopefully you got in!

EDIT: Could be an interview invite if you haven’t interviewed yet.

I have not interviewed yet, but when I log in, there is nothing. I will have to email the school and see what they say. It said a decision has been reached regarding your admission. I am OOS so I am wondering if it was a pre-II rejection.

Anybody got a reply after the interview?

Anybody got a reply after the interview?

They only had three interview days before they needed to move online, and I haven't heard anything about what they're planning to do for interviews. Maybe they're planning to figure how how to do interviews going forward before sending out any decisions? I wouldn't be surprised.

They just reset interview invitations in the portal, my interview was previously scheduled but now it's back to the select a date screen, but no dates are available. Hopefully that means we'll be hearing something soon!

They just reset interview invitations in the portal, my interview was previously scheduled but now it's back to the select a date screen, but no dates are available. Hopefully that means we'll be hearing something soon!
Yay!! Maybe they will send out the virtual interview info soon. Good luck to you :) !

Does anyone know how to get in touch with the school? Emailed them last week but no response. With the university closed, are they responding to emails or phone-calls? Thanks.

Reactions: 3 users
They re-opened interview selections a few hours ago! They said they'll provide more information, the confirmation email still talks about the on-site interview so I'm not sure about the new format yet, but I'm sure we'll see soon.

Do you remember which dates were offered? Were they the same as before?
I think every Tuesday until mid-April? And there was either one or two Thursdays, I don't remember exactly which ones though. The email did say that additional dates would be added as they are confirmed though, so certainly possible more spots will open up.

I think every Tuesday until mid-April? And there was either one or two Thursdays, I don't remember exactly which ones though. The email did say that additional dates would be added as they are confirmed though, so certainly possible more spots will open up.
Did you receive instructions and links to log in to your virtual interview?

Did you receive instructions and links to log in to your virtual interview?
No, the instructions were still for the in-person interview. I'm planning to email them Monday if I don't hear anything before then, I know this stuff takes time to set up so I think we'll probably get additional details soon.

A “stay at home” order for Houston/ Harris county was issued. I doubt they will be doing in person interviews anymore.
They actually have been doing online interviews starting last week I think. I wonder if this order will affect their ability to continue interviewing (as in: I wonder if the interviewers are meeting in person to meet interviewees or if they interview separately from home).

Have they started online interviews yet? People here have posted they would receive notification regarding online interviews. Has anyone had any luck getting in touch with the school?

Have they started online interviews yet? People here have posted they would receive notification regarding online interviews. Has anyone had any luck getting in touch with the school?
They had the first online interview today. They'll send out the information before the interview.

This shouldn't affect their ability to perform interviews, it can be done remotely by interviewers.

Does anyone know how next cycle will work? Like will they open up the application process in May (like other Texas schools)? Or will they have a separate application process with different timeline?

Does anyone know how next cycle will work? Like will they open up the application process in May (like other Texas schools)? Or will they have a separate application process with different timeline?
Next year 2020-2021 they will be in line with the typical TMDSAS application cycle

Anybody that interviewed this last Tuesday that can give insight on how the remote interview went. I am still waiting for instructions

Anybody that interviewed this last Tuesday that can give insight on how the remote interview went. I am still waiting for instructions
Can't go into much detail because of the non-disclosure form. It's still the MMI format, but through zoom. They give you instructions through an email on how the whole virtual meeting is going to work and how to access the room. Don't feel like you will be underprepared as they are aware of the situation and are new to the process as well. Good luck!
Note: make sure to download zoom before hand and test out your device because my mac mic was not very good so I had to use my phone instead

Can't go into much detail because of the non-disclosure form. It's still the MMI format, but through zoom. They give you instructions through an email on how the whole virtual meeting is going to work and how to access the room. Don't feel like you will be underprepared as they are aware of the situation and are new to the process as well. Good luck!
Note: make sure to download zoom before hand and test out your device because my mac mic was not very good so I had to use my phone instead
Admission sends the interview instructions one day prior to the interview, do you remember if info was emailed in the morning or later like at 5pm ? Thank you and good luck with everything :)!

Admission sends the interview instructions one day prior to the interview, do you remember if info was emailed in the morning or later like at 5pm ? Thank you and good luck with everything :)!
They sent the email the day before around noon

If I haven't gotten an II yet should I just give up or is there still hope

Reactions: 7 users