2019-2020 University of Tennessee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone else just get an email from Diane Harris?

Yep. Decision letter will be mailed Monday, May 18th and the committee meets again tomorrow to discuss our applications.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone else just get an email from Diane Harris?
Yup just got an email saying a decision hasn't been made and one will be made on May 8th with a letter mailed by May 18th.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is everyone who got this email on hold? I am on hold and wondering why I haven’t gotten it too

I am on hold since mid-March.

Reactions: 1 user
At this point I am just hoping we all get a fair shake, with final decisions being so spread out and the committee probably feeling rushed.

Reactions: 4 users
Do you all think it’s too late to send in an update now that they aren’t making final decisions until tomorrow? I just got my final grades in a few days ago and they raised my GPA quite a bit.

Do you all think it’s too late to send in an update now that they aren’t making final decisions until tomorrow? I just got my final grades in a few days ago and they raised my GPA quite a bit.

I don’t see how it could hurt!

Anyone else thinking this might mean that there will be almost no alternate list movement? Basically, the decisions will be either acceptances or alternate list (i.e soft rejections)? Could be overthinking this but...

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else thinking this might mean that there will be almost no alternate list movement? Basically, the decisions will be either acceptances or alternate list (i.e soft rejections)? Could be overthinking this but...
If you’re in the top 3rd of the alternate list, you’re most likely going to be accepted

Anyone else thinking this might mean that there will be almost no alternate list movement? Basically, the decisions will be either acceptances of alternate list (i.e soft rejections)? Could be overthinking this but...

Why do you think that? Just curious.

In order to inject a little bit of optimism into this wave of constant disappointment...it does seem like they are updating CYMS before they notify people. The two acceptances posted about in this thread over the past week have seen their acceptance in CYMS before they got anything via postal mail or email. So maybe, hopefully, some of us won’t have to wait until the week of May 18 to get some good news.

At this point we are basically reading horoscopes though.

If you’re in the top 3rd of the alternate list, you’re most likely going to be accepted

Negative, ghostrider.

Less than half of the top 3rd was accepted last year.

Why do you think that? Just curious.

In order to inject a little bit of optimism into this wave of constant disappointment...it does seem like they are updating CYMS before they notify people. The two acceptances posted about in this thread over the past week have seen their acceptance in CYMS before they got anything via postal mail or email. So maybe, hopefully, some of us won’t have to wait until the week of May 18 to get some good news.

At this point we are basically reading horoscopes though.

I just figure more people have made up their minds who have multiple acceptance; therefore, less movement will happen after the alternate list letters are sent out. I am actually trying to be optimistic about the whole process because I think I would rather have the closure of a soft rejection rather than the pain that is waiting on the alternate list.

Reactions: 2 users
Last year they gave out 250 something odd acceptances. It seems that they aren't close to even 200 yet

Is it just me or is UTHSC's website down?

Is it just me or is UTHSC's website down?

Yep, down for me as well. Does that link show that they have given out <200 acceptances this year? I know they gave out 250 acceptances last year—that info was in the interview day packet. I have never seen a live update of how many acceptances they have given out in the current cycle. That’s why we are reading tea leaves like the groupme and Facebook page.

Reactions: 1 users
Someone said that they didn't move the waitlist much last year. They clearly did by giving almost 100 more acceptances

Someone said that they didn't move the waitlist much last year. They clearly did by giving almost 100 more acceptances
Wait, what? They got to around number 30 on the waitlist last year. I talked to Dean Strother and it is in last year's thread. I am confused.

Also, even if that were true, how does that lead you to believe that they have only offered <200 spots this year?

Wait, what? They got to around number 30 on the waitlist last year. I talked to Dean Strother and it is in last year's thread. I am confused.

Also, even if that were true, how does that lead you to believe that they have only offered <200 spots this year?
Given that the class size is still not fill and final decisions are not made yet. No one is on the wait list so we can assume around 30 people will get off the wait list in the next 2 months and several people will still get in as the face book group chat still has 30ish slots (admins etc) plus people who dropped over the past several days due to CYMS deadline

Did anyone else on this thread who is on hold NOT get the email from Diane Harris this morning?

Did anyone else on this thread who is on hold NOT get the email from Diane Harris this morning?
Check your CYMS maybe you got an acceptance since you didn't get an "undecided" email. lol (just speculating)

Check your CYMS maybe you got an acceptance since you didn't get an "undecided" email. lol (just speculating)
AAMC is down because they tried to release new MCAT dates/sign ups lol

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I just want to know where I’ll be living in 3 months.... I guess that’s too much to ask

Reactions: 4 users
i wish we knew how exactly many people have enrolled so far because it seems like UTHSC enrolls 170 students each year...

got an email Wednesday 5/6 night from Diane about two separate postal mailings - an interview packet and decision letter. nothing on cyms as of this morning 5/8. :depressed::blackeye::hungover: I interviewed last Wednesday 4/29.

Anyone get email for discussed or any changes in CYMS? Emailed yesterday that i was going to be discussed today.

got an email Wednesday 5/6 night from Diane about two separate postal mailings - an interview packet and decision letter. nothing on cyms as of this morning 5/8. :depressed::blackeye::hungover: I interviewed last Wednesday 4/29.
Same. Interviewed 4/29 and got the email about a decision letter a couple days ago. No change on cyms. I’m assuming it’s a rejection. My interviewer told me to not be surprised if I’m waitlisted since it’s so late in the cycle but I haven’t heard anything about there even being a waitlist this year. I could be wrong though. Just checked the mail and it was just my interview packet. the wait continues....

Same. Interviewed 4/29 and got the email about a decision letter a couple days ago. No change on cyms. I’m assuming it’s a rejection. My interviewer told me to not be surprised if I’m waitlisted since it’s so late in the cycle but I haven’t heard anything about there even being a waitlist this year. I could be wrong though. Just checked the mail and it was just my interview packet. the wait continues....
I got a letter with my interview packet this afternoon- I’m placed on the alternate list and apparently the decision was postponed till today. Definitely didn’t see that coming because I thought the “decision letter” that Diane describes in the email was going to be an A or R

I got a letter with my interview packet this afternoon- I’m placed on the alternate list and apparently the decision was postponed till today. Definitely didn’t see that coming because I thought the “decision letter” that Diane describes in the email was going to be an A or R
Ok good! I’m glad there’s an alternate list. My friend’s boyfriend was on the alternate list at UT and got an acceptance a week before classes started. So there’s hope!

• Wow
My email also said I’d be discussed for a final decision today and decision letter postal mailed one week from today. Not sure if there would be anything on CYMS tool today or this weekend, or just when the mail is posted. Both cases have happened for people

What decision was postponed until today?

Does anyone who’s been accepted see where to Commit to Enroll on CYMS?

Does anyone who’s been accepted see where to Commit to Enroll on CYMS?
You need to click on "edit" when you go into CYMS. It only gives you the PTE option when it opens up. If you click edit, it will show the option to CTE