2019-2020 University of Tennessee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You need to click on "edit" when you go into CYMS. It only gives you the PTE option when it opens up. If you click edit, it will show the option to CTE
Thank you!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anybody have UTHSC pop up today in AMCAS?

Members don't see this ad :)
On another note, I’ll venmo $10 to anyone who emails and asks if they made all final decisions today

(Mostly kidding)

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
welp i guess no telling if they made final decisions

or they did and we all just.......... Got accepted and will see it on CYMS next friday. sounds really right to me

Adjustments.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
They made a final decision for me!.......it was an R.
I wish everyone else well! Be optimistic! :)

• Sad
They made a final decision for me!.......it was an R.
I wish everyone else well! Be optimistic! :)

I’m sorry to hear that :(

Were you ever placed on hold? How did they let you know?

I’m sorry to hear that :(

Were you ever placed on hold? How did they let you know?
how do you know? (if you don’t mind sharing!!) i am sorry to hear that.

I was never placed on hold. I received an email from Diane saying to expect my final decision letter in the mail. The letter was dated for last Friday (5/1), but I got the email Wednesday, letter came today (Memphian)

My zoom interview was 4/22.
The only other "communication" I had since my interview was the interview packet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone who’s been accepted see where to Commit to Enroll on CYMS?
If you've already selected Plan to Enroll you just go back to CYMS and click "Edit Selection" and then it pops up to change to Commit to Enroll

Details to get to CYMS in general if anyone needs it:
1) Login to AMCAS
2) Click "View/Updae Application" for your 2020 cycle application
3) Select "Choose Your Medical School" under Quick Links

Got an email tonight from Diane confirming my acceptance!

Reactions: 13 users
Here’s to hoping 1) they got through everyone’s application on Friday 2) they put acceptances into CYMS before they send letters and/or emails! (like in @lambeau11’s case)

Reactions: 2 users
So if no one has seen an acceptance on CYMS yesterday or today...and they have to put stuff on CYMS within 24 hours of sending letters, does that mean they didn’t send a single acceptance letter yesterday? Which would mean they didn’t make a single decision to accept last Friday (May 1) since they mail letters one week after the committee meets? Very confusing...

Last edited:
So if no one has seen an acceptance on CYMS yesterday or today...and they have to put stuff on CYMS within 24 hours of sending letters, does that mean they didn’t send a single acceptance letter yesterday? Which would mean they didn’t make a single decision to accept last Friday (May 1) since they mail letters one week after the committee meets? Very confusing...
They aren't mailing the letters until the 18th, so they probably did make decisions yesterday but we won't see anything until they mail on the 18th. I don't think they made a ton of decisions May 1, but people have been seeing acceptance / getting letters since then so they made some. I think the decisions made on May 1 were for people who didn't hadn't heard back at all yet. The decisions yesterday were regarding everybody on hold now. I'm very confused by the delay time between decision date and mail date........ but this is what I have come to understand? (Granted I don't know everything so this may all be incorrect lol)

They aren't mailing the letters until the 18th, so they probably did make decisions yesterday but we won't see anything until they mail on the 18th. I don't think they made a ton of decisions May 1, but people have been seeing acceptance / getting letters since then so they made some. I think the decisions made on May 1 were for people who didn't hadn't heard back at all yet. The decisions yesterday were regarding everybody on hold now. I'm very confused by the delay time between decision date and mail date........ but this is what I have come to understand? (Granted I don't know everything so this may all be incorrect lol)

Also, whatever is updated here is not an accurate representation of the entire applicant pool so it's hard to predict. I have a feeling that the letters might even arrive after the 18th.

i just really wanna know if they have taken anyone off hold yet

Reactions: 8 users
I emailed Ms. Harris and she said all final decisions were made on May 8! Letters will be sent out throughout this week. Fingers crossed that there is a lot of movement off the hold list. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 7 users
I emailed Ms. Harris and she said all final decisions were made on May 8! Letters will be sent out throughout this week. Fingers crossed that there is a lot of movement off the hold list. Good luck everyone!
This is so exciting!!! And I am so stressed because I am out of town (aka away from my mailbox!!!) tomorrow through Sunday hahaha help lol

Thank you so much for this! Did Ms. Harris by chance mention when acceptances might show up on AMCAS?

I guess if I'm not seeing anything on my CYMS, then it's a W or R. Can anyone see anything on theirs??

I guess if I'm not seeing anything on my CYMS, then it's a W or R. Can anyone see anything on theirs??
If you’re accepted, it won’t show up until the day the letter is put in the mail! (Aka would not have shown up Friday)
I’m just gonna check around 5pm every day and see if a button has popped up

i guess there will be less movement off the waitlist this year which is kind of scary lol

Thank you so much for this! Did Ms. Harris by chance mention when acceptances might show up on AMCAS?
No problema. And no, but presumably she has 100+personalized letters to mail off this week so I wouldn't read too much into CYMS changes on AMCAS. That seemed like it was a good predictor last year but honestly everything seems to be different this year. We will have our paper decision letters by next week at the latest and know for sure.

I wouldn't say that. It is not a W until you get the waitlist letter in the mail. Don't borrow trouble!

i guess there will be less movement off the waitlist this year which is kind of scary lol
I haven't heard of any reason to think that. Only time will tell :/

If you’re accepted, it won’t show up until the day the letter is put in the mail! (Aka would not have shown up Friday)
Exactly!

My CYMS showed up a week before I got the letter...

My CYMS showed up a week before I got the letter...
CYMS is updated around the time that they send the letter not when it arrives in your mailbox

Is there anything time-sensitive in the acceptance letters? I didn't think letters would be sent out till next week and I'll be out of town and unable to access my mail till next Monday. Is that gonna be a potential problem?

Is there anything time-sensitive in the acceptance letters? I didn't think letters would be sent out till next week and I'll be out of town and unable to access my mail till next Monday. Is that gonna be a potential problem?
I suggest you sign up for the informed delivery at USPS that way you know what to expect in the mail. Although, I'm not sure if they will call you as well if you get accepted. And check your CYMS.

Last edited:
CYMS is updated around the time that they send the letter not when it arrives in your mailbox

I got CYMS on 5/2 and they sent and e-mailed the letter on 5/8 dated 5/8. I still haven't gotten the letter physically in the mail.

Anyone able to see CYMS today?

Have accepted people received financial aid packets yet...?
no we have not lol.
But somone in the groupme allegedly called the financial aid office last week and they said that financial aid info would go out this week (May 11-May 15) so fingers crossed.