2019-2020 University of Tennessee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ACCEPTED. FIRST MD ACCEPTANCE. TWO CYCLES AND A DEGREE LATER. ON HOLD SINCE MARCH!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It was a call! No change on CYMS, but they said they signed my letter this morning and it will be in the mail soon!

Reactions: 4 users
Just got a call saying I was accepted! On hold since January.

Reactions: 15 users
Oh hold and got acceptance call today too!

Reactions: 12 users
What time were y’all getting these acceptance phone calls? Congrats everyone !!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
congrats! did you just now get it?

I got the call about an hour ago. He didn’t want to chat much cause he probably had to make a lot of calls haha. This is my second time applying to med school, so I’m pumped

Reactions: 6 users
here's to hoping there's more calls coming...

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Well I am thoroughly bummed for myself and those who did not get a call.
But very excited for all of you that did - congrats!! Y’all are gonna be doctors!! I can’t imagine how exciting that is!

Reactions: 7 users
But very excited for all of you that did - congrats!! Y’all are gonna be doctors!! I can’t imagine how exciting that is!
Yes huge congrats to everyone!! If you wouldn’t mind sharing, those of you who got a call was there any info about how many spots they’ve filled or anything the rest of us might find helpful? Or was it just a quick you’re accepted woohoo bye!

Reactions: 2 users
Yes huge congrats to everyone!! If you wouldn’t mind sharing, those of you who got a call was there any info about how many spots they’ve filled or anything the rest of us might find helpful? Or was it just a quick you’re accepted woohoo bye!
Thank you! It was a super short call from Dr. Presbury just to let me know he had my acceptance letter at UT!

Got the call at 4pm EST. Accepted! I was on hold as well. Good luck to everyone :)

Reactions: 9 users
There's still time! Just because there was no call today, doesn't mean it won't come. I'm hopeful for you!

Congratulations to everyone who got their acceptance! I don't know you personally (maybe? Lol) but I'm proud of you and very excited for all of you!

Reactions: 5 users
I was accepted to ETSU yesterday as well and they said they just started to have turnover. It just begun so everyone who didn't get a call keep in there! ( I say that because ETSU and UT have similar students that apply and operate similarly)

I was accepted to ETSU yesterday as well and they said they just started to have turnover. It just begun so everyone who didn't get a call keep in there! ( I say that because ETSU and UT have similar students that apply and operate similarly)
have you decided between the two??

Haven't decided yet. I was a zoom applicant so I didn't get a chance to see the campus. I'm going to drive up there to look at the area then decide this week. Most likely go to UTHSC since I live in knoxville and can do my final 2 years rotations here

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations everyone on their acceptance off of hold! Can’t wait to potentially see you all this fall!!

I got the call about an hour ago. He didn’t want to chat much cause he probably had to make a lot of calls haha. This is my second time applying to med school, so I’m pumped

I know someone else who got a call yesterday from presbury about being accepted after their 2nd time applying. Was anyone called yesterday who it wasn't their second time applying? It seems like that might've been the case

I highly doubt that they were only calling people who were applying for the second time; however, I wouldn't be surprised if there were more calls today.

I know someone else who got a call yesterday from presbury about being accepted after their 2nd time applying. Was anyone called yesterday who it wasn't their second time applying? It seems like that might've been the case

I have a friend that got in yesterday and it’s their first time applying

Reactions: 1 user
UTHSC appeared on CYMS between 8:30 am and 10:30 am today! It wasn't just a dream!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Is it not there anymore? What do you mean between 830 and 1030?

They probably mean they check at 8:30 and 10:30, and sometime between those two times it was posted. Don't give up hope if it's not up there for you. So much can still happen.

They probably mean they check at 8:30 and 10:30, and sometime between those two times it was posted. Don't give up hope if it's not up there for you. So much can still happen.

Exactly! I checked at 8:30 and it wasn’t there, checked again at 10:30 and it was. I committed to enroll :)

I have refreshed that page on AMCAS probably 500+ times between the last two cycles combined so it was definitely a surreal feeling.

• Love
Exactly! I checked at 8:30 and it wasn’t there, checked again at 10:30 and it was. I committed to enroll :)

I have refreshed that page on AMCAS probably 500+ times between the last two cycles combined so it was definitely a surreal feeling.
Welcome to our class! Now, fingers crossed we actually get to meet everyone before 2021!

Just withdrew! (was on hold) At least the pool is getting smaller y'all, hang in there. Best of luck to all of you :)

Reactions: 10 users
Just withdrew! (was on hold) At least the pool is getting smaller y'all, hang in there. Best of luck to all of you :)
Congratulations on getting into a medical school that is a better fit for you in the end (I assume!)

I hope there’s still some more hold movement before they start going through the alternate list..

I have hope that there's still room for some more! Accepted fellows, do you guys have any news? (Maybe a rough estimate of the number of people total in groupme or FB?)

I have hope that there's still room for some more! Accepted fellows, do you guys have any news? (Maybe a rough estimate of the number of people total in groupme or FB?)
147 in the FB group
85 in the group chat

According to Miss Harris they did make all final decisions on May 8th. Those of you who are not accepted can still get a call any day as the accepted students still have not given the option to formally decline the acceptance. There is still movement left to be made.

According to Miss Harris they did make all final decisions on May 8th. Those of you who are not accepted can still get a call any day as the accepted students still have not given the option to formally decline the acceptance. There is still movement left to be made.

but are you saying other than that, the people who got calls are the only ones who got acceptances from that last meeting on may 8?