2019: Official thread CWRU School of Dental Medicine c/o 2019

What resources did you use to affirm your interest in applying to Case?

• Facebook page

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Twitter feed

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Google+ page

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Free webchats

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Online mock interview masterclasses

• ADEA Predental Student Virtual Fair booth

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • The CWRU SODM website

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • ADEA Official Guide to Dental Schools.

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • On-campus recruitment visit.

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Online recruitment visit to my predental club.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy to say that I received an invite! Can't wait to visit the campus!

Was it by email or phone call?

Members don't see this ad.

If my AADSAS school decision says "Application Complete" but not "under review" does that mean that my application hasn't been considered yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Received an interview invite! Very excited and can't wait to meet Dr. Chuck in person!

Reactions: 1 users
Got the interview invite and scheduled it on 8/29! I'm so thrilled!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi Dr. Chuck,
I called this morning regarding an interview scheduling question and unfortunately my phone dropped the call. When I called back I only got the answering service. I was able to resolve the issue on my own but wanted to let you know what had happened (without adding another email to the inbox of CWRU). Thank you for your willingness to help and sorry for the call being cut off!

Hi Dr. Chuck,
I called this morning regarding an interview scheduling question and unfortunately my phone dropped the call. When I called back I only got the answering service. I was able to resolve the issue on my own but wanted to let you know what had happened (without adding another email to the inbox of CWRU). Thank you for your willingness to help and sorry for the call being cut off!

No problem... I was wondering what happened. I am glad you were able to figure it out. I hope I did give you directions that were easy to understand.

If my AADSAS school decision says "Application Complete" but not "under review" does that mean that my application hasn't been considered yet?

I was wondering the same thing... I'm trying to not think of the worst. :confused:

I was wondering the same thing... I'm trying to not think of the worst. :confused:

In our system: If you're under review, it means we're checking on your required letters, DAT, and supplemental fee. Once we have it all, it is "complete" and is moving to the screening phase.

Reactions: 1 users
I didn't receive an invitation for interview email today :( Hopefully this Hoosier will receive one during the next round of invites.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't receive an invitation for interview email today :( Hopefully this Hoosier will receive one during the next round of invites.
This is going to be a looong process. Can't let every round of invites get to you. There's still plenty of us without interviews. ;)

Dr. Chuck,
when will the next round of interview invite go out? My application is complete as of 7/23

Received an interview invite yesterday as well! Super psyched. :)

If you didn't get an invitation for the first round, send me an email. A lot of people haven't been screened yet as we are catching up on supplemental fee payment confirmations, pending DAT scores, and verification of our requirements for letters of evaluation. We have quite a way to go, and we do interview into the spring semester. To date, our interview calendar has opened slots up to the end of September, so expect another round of invitations to fill up October and November.

Reactions: 7 users
If you didn't get an invitation for the first round, send me an email. A lot of people haven't been screened yet as we are catching up on supplemental fee payment confirmations, pending DAT scores, and verification of our requirements for letters of evaluation. We have quite a way to go, and we do interview into the spring semester. To date, our interview calendar has opened slots up to the end of September, so expect another round of invitations to fill up October and November.

This is relieving! Thank you Dr. Chuck

I received the invitation as well.
:( Dr. Chuck sounds so disappointed. I hope I did it right since I got an email confirming the reception of my application and payment.
Don't worry, I think the fact that you got your confirmation email proves that you did it right.

Application went from "Under Review" to "Completed" this morning! Hoping for an invite soon so excited!

Same! I actually got the email a couple of days ago before it changed, hoping to hear back soon!

I am excited to come interview in September! Looking forward to visiting the campus September 18th! Thank you for this wonderful opportunity.

Anyone know how strict the school is with CC credits?

I got the "Received/Application Complete" on my aadsas portal. Does this mean I am still in the screening process and not under active review?

I received the invite! Thank you for the consideration and I'm looking forward to visiting the school in September.

i got an email from case saying they have my dat scores and my supplemental. but still a "no" about recommendations and that they have to manually go through them. How long did it take for you guys?

I got the same thing, emailed Dr. Chuck, and received the same response. It was only a few days before they finished validating my recommendations.

i got an email from case saying they have my dat scores and my supplemental. but still a "no" about recommendations and that they have to manually go through them. How long did it take for you guys?
I also got the same e-mail today

If I submitted July 27th, will I be in the next interview invite batch?

If I submitted July 27th, will I be in the next interview invite batch?

Since no one answered yet, submission date is important but does not govern when we screen your application. We need to be sure you have paid our supplemental fee (or been granted an FAP waiver), received your letters of evaluation (we have to manually confirm 2 science letters or 1 advisor/committee letter to satisfy our requirements), and your preferred DAT scores for our review. All of these things need to be in before we acknowledge screening your application. And even then, if you are taking your DAT again and are trying to improve your score, it works better that we hold off reviewing your file until your new scores come in. Similarly, a lot of applicants have spring or summer coursework that was not subject to verification (the grades weren't in yet), so often we are waiting for that update to come in before moving further.

For the photo I have to send in, should it be a professional photo or can I take it myself?
I'm so excited to visit and interview!!

When Do you guys think the next group of interview invites will be sent?

I hope soon!! My application was sent for screening stage on July 9 !!:corny::corny:

First round was what....July 20th-ish? I'm guessing we have another couple weeks, although sooner would be nice :D

For the photo I have to send in, should it be a professional photo or can I take it myself?
I'm so excited to visit and interview!!

Another question about the photo, do we have to include a certain subject heading and include things in the body of the email with the photo? If I recall correctly, the page where you sign up for a interview date only mentioned the email address that the picture should be sent to.

Another question about the photo, do we have to include a certain subject heading and include things in the body of the email with the photo? If I recall correctly, the page where you sign up for a interview date only mentioned the email address that the picture should be sent to.

I just treated it like a regular email. So just say hi, let them know your photo's attached, thank them, etc. As far as I can remember, they didn't request a specific subject heading, so I'd just use one along the lines of "Supplemental Photo" or something like that.

I am excited to come interview in September! Looking forward to visiting the campus September 18th! Thank you for this wonderful opportunity.
I'm super excited too! I also signed up for the 18th, so maybe I'll see you there. Good luck!!

I have submitted all the material, but AADSAS states "waiting for additional information". Don't know why:(

A warning for the rest of ya'll
"Despite submitting early applications, many files won't be invited for interview because they haven't confirmed they paid their fee. Many others may not be invited because they are obsessively over-checking their confirmation. Please respect our secretaries' duties with the process." - CWRU FB

"Despite submitting early applications, many files won't be invited for interview because they haven't confirmed they paid their fee. Many others may not be invited because they are obsessively over-checking their confirmation. Please respect our secretaries' duties with the process." - CWRU FB

Thanks for the heads up, do you know if they posted any other updates when the next round of invites might be?

Hi there, Does anyone have interview on September 4th?

Reading this tells me that some interview spots may have opened up for some of us that would not have been interviewed otherwise. Am I correct in my logic?

Reading this tells me that some interview spots may have opened up for some of us that would not have been interviewed otherwise. Am I correct in my logic?
I guess you can think of it like that, but that's not exactly accurate either(it's not like CWRU has a "cap" on interview invites)... The only thing you can take away from that message is that some applicants are starting to really annoy the secretaries lol.

Dr. Chuck,

Is it a requirement to call or email the admissions office to confirm our fee payment even if we received an email from you stating that our application is complete and is being screened? I am just asking because the way the Twitter and Facebook updates are worded, it seems to me that we have to call or email to confirm our payment for our application to be truly complete.

Thank you.

Dr. Chuck,

Is it a requirement to call or email the admissions office to confirm our fee payment even if we received an email from you stating that our application is complete and is being screened? I am just asking because the way the Twitter and Facebook updates are worded, it seems to me that we have to call or email to confirm our payment for our application to be truly complete.

Thank you.
I am no Chuck, but I am pretty sure the whole idea is DO NOT call/confirm your payment if you already got the confirmation e-mail.
From what I have seen there's only reason why you wouldn't be given an interview thus far:
1. Did not make a payment to CWRU (Read your confirmation e-mail again. It has a checkbox for supplementary fee)
2. Calling in to check for the status of your application multiple times (Read your confirmation e-mail again. Calling in is precisely what they don't want you to do if you got the confirmation already)

edit: Uh nevermind. new account. not sure if i am being trolled.:eyebrow:

If you received an email stating that they have received everything necessary then why call to re-confirm and annoy people? Just let them do their thang.

Status
Not open for further replies.