2020-2021 Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVUCOM-Colorado)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those of you who interviewed, did you have scribing experience as your clinical? Or something hands on like EMT/MA?
Scribing

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know if it is too late to apply to RVU-COM? Wasn't really considering the school, but just looked at the match rates for Gen-Surg and it looks like it would be dumb to not apply.

Members don't see this ad :)
How many hours if you don’t mind me asking?
I had 5,000 because I'm a non-trad and had to pay the bills and had a lot of pre-reqs to finish. I don't think the hours are nearly as important as your ability to talk about your experience

Anyone know if it is too late to apply to RVU-COM? Wasn't really considering the school, but just looked at the match rates for Gen-Surg and it looks like it would be dumb to not apply.

Idk if it's too late, definitely on the later side. The timeline for this school is SLOW though, so it's a toss up. It took me about 2 months after submission to be complete and another month to get an II. If you have the money, though, might as well shoot your shot!

Reactions: 2 users
PSA for anyone worried about their numbers: Don't worry about the number of hours, worry more about if you can describe what you got out of the experience.

For those of you who interviewed, did you have scribing experience as your clinical? Or something hands on like EMT/MA?
Idk who these people are w their 10k hours and what not, but I had about 100 as an EMT and got accepted 😊

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My file has been completed, but it has now changed from Colorado to Utah. Does this mean that Colorado basically rejected me and now Utah is considering my application?

• Care
My file has been completed, but it has now changed from Colorado to Utah. Does this mean that Colorado basically rejected me and now Utah is considering my application?
When were you marked complete?

Complete 10/28 and portal switched to Interview-CO - no email received though.

• Love
Feel like I botched this interview, oh well it was my first time interviewing with a medical school so I guess I'll take this lesson into my next interviews. RVUCOM was one of my top choices so this is quite disappointing ngl.

Anyways, good luck everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Feel like I botched this interview, oh well it was my first time interviewing with a medical school so I guess I'll take this lesson into my next interviews. RVUCOM was one of my top choices so this is quite disappointing ngl.

Anyways, good luck everyone!
If it helps, I felt like I totally botched my first one as well and I got the A at that school. Then, at my second interview I felt so prepared and confident, but ended up WL.

Wildin’.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
When did you hear back from ADCOMS after being marked complete?

Does anyone know when the next round of A's go out? is it next week they meet and will start calling?

Does anyone know when the next round of A's go out? is it next week they meet and will start calling?
I think they’re suppose to meet this week then send out decisions next week? Could be wrong but that’s what I’m thinking

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone else that interviewed last week get the email about the APS status?

Did anyone else that interviewed last week get the email about the APS status?
Yeah I got it. I think they're just clarifying that it isn't a waitlist but a guaranteed acceptance (but possible deferred to next year)

I was marked complete on 12/01, do you think I should send them an email and ask about my status?

Those who got an II, what were your stats? Getting anxious here.

I was marked complete on 12/01, do you think I should send them an email and ask about my status?
I was marked "File Complete" on 11/25, but I had reached out prior to that and they were very nice, just very backed up. It does say on the portal that reviews for an interview decision could take several weeks. =/

I think it's way too early. I was marked complete 10/19 and I haven't heard peep since then.

• Care

Those who got an II, what were your stats? Getting anxious here.
I would not expect a status update for 6-8 weeks at least. RVU has a pretty long timeline, I submit in August, was marked complete 10/6, then got II on 11/8. 515/3.4x for reference.

I think it's way too early. I was marked complete 10/19 and I haven't heard peep since then.
I agree. I was complete on 10/23, no response since as well. Definitely a waiting game.

I would not expect a status update for 6-8 weeks at least. RVU has a pretty long timeline, I submit in August, was marked complete 10/6, then got II on 11/8. 515/3.4x for reference.
How many clinical hours? And what type?

How many clinical hours? And what type?
I'm nontrad so my hours are high. 5,000 paid clinical, 250 volunteer clinical. I don't think the number of hours are nearly as important as how you can speak about them

• Care
Just withdrew my acceptance- hope it goes to one of y’all! Decided I really can’t afford to live in Parker compared to another school I got into with equitable match list, board scores, and cheaper tuition. Good luck!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Can anyone confirm for me that RVU is pass/fail? Trying to make my decision and I'm getting different schools mixed up. I checked the website and it sounds like they are but then the class ranking description confused me

Just withdrew my A, Merry Christmas to someone out there!

• Care
Just withdrew my acceptance; I hope it goes to one of you before the holidays! Excited to have you all as colleagues in the future.

• Care
Has anyone gotten post interview rejection here?

Just withdrew my acceptance in favor of ATSU-SOMA. Good luck & best wishes to those of you who are currently applying or waiting to hear news regarding an interview or acceptance. 💯

• Care