2020-2021 Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVUCOM-Colorado)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Looking at this threads previous history, it seems like decisions come out on Tuesdays?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey y'all, my portal updated to Interview-Utah and I got an email very early this morning (although dated for yesterday). Congrats to those who got their A's and good luck to those of you still waiting! :prof::highfive: You've got this!

Primary submitted 9/24
Secondary received/submitted 9/30
II 12/17 (Utah)

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
Can anyone confirm for me that RVU is pass/fail? Trying to make my decision and I'm getting different schools mixed up. I checked the website and it sounds like they are but then the class ranking description confused me
Current student here. Yes, it is pass fail. Passing is 70 or above, honors is 90 or above.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know what the recommendation of choice means on the portal? Mine changed several times and now it is today's date.

Just got the post-II R. Interview went terribly so not surprised but happy to be going to another great school! Good luck everyone!!

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Accepted just now via email. Will be withdrawing, however. Good luck to everyone else and hope my slot goes to a waitlist or APS :D

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted Pending Space status!

I’m hoping the waitlist moves quick and I get to join the other students who are accepted!

Good-luck to everyone!!

• Care
Accepted!! My first acceptance of the cycle and I am so relieved!!

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted pending space!! 😊😊😊

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone get outright accepted after interviewing in December? I was also Accepted Pending Space, which means that we will only start in July 2021 if there is space. We could not be starting until July 2022 if not enough space

Accepted Pending Space! what to do for another gap year, hmmmm......

Congrats everyone!

Are there two different lists? Alternate and APS?

is being on the APS list good? Like you’re 100% going to matriculate here?

Could you guys explain me the APS system?

Sure! So for APS if a spot opens up later in the cycle you can be pulled off the APS list to matriculation as part of the class of 2025. However, if you do not get pulled off the APS list for this next class, they will still automatically place you as a matriculant in the class of 2026 WITHOUT you having to reapply/re-interview.

Hope that's helpful!

What are the chances of being accepted off of the APS list this year?

Sure! So for APS if a spot opens up later in the cycle you can be pulled off the APS list to matriculation as part of the class of 2025. However, if you do not get pulled off the APS list for this next class, they will still automatically place you as a matriculant in the class of 2026 WITHOUT you having to reapply/re-interview.

Hope that's helpful!
So we’re matriculating either way?

Yea also got the APS email as well this morning. Here’s to hoping they can make space for us 🤞🏼

I too got an APS email. I’m under the impression that nobody got an outright acceptance in this wave of interviews.

Reactions: 1 users
My file has been complete since 11/25. Does anyone have an idea when I'll hear back if I'm rejected for an II?

My file has been complete since 11/25. Does anyone have an idea when I'll hear back if I'm rejected for an II?
I believe around 6-8 weeks for many others on this thread, maybe longer with holidays now. For reference, I was File Complete 11/1 and have not received II or R at this time. But I saw some people above who received an II on the day they were complete. Good luck!

Does anyone know how financial aid/loans work? For undergrad, I applied to FAFSA around November. I am not sure if I should apply to FAFSA now or wait. Also, do people usually apply to FAFSA only or are there other resources? Thanks!

Does anyone know how financial aid/loans work? For undergrad, I applied to FAFSA around November. I am not sure if I should apply to FAFSA now or wait. Also, do people usually apply to FAFSA only or are there other resources? Thanks!
I would definitely fill out FAFSA now