2020-2021 Sam Houston State University - College of Osteopathic Medicine (SHSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That decisions would be sent out some time between the middle and end of October. Maybe they have rejected all of us LOL
Nahhhhh. They will send them out when they are ready! Also, they maybe didn't want to send them out on a weekend, so fingers crossed this next week!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Lol How thoughtful of them

Reactions: 1 user
Does SHSU have a night before student social? How do I determine whether I have an AM or PM interview schedule?

Does SHSU have a night before student social? How do I determine whether I have an AM or PM interview schedule?

They gave me the option to choose which I preferred in the preinterview questionnaire, but they also sent out an email the day before confirming AM/PM. And if there was a night before social, I wasn’t aware of it.

Has anyone used a chrome book for the interview? I've been using my phone successfully for the others, but the email said the zoom they use though AMP is not supported by mobile. And I hate my chrome book

No, they didn't have a social the night before. You just show up for your interview time and the party gets started. Best of luck m8

Just got an email saying they haven’t extended prematch offers yet

Reactions: 5 users
Had a mini heart attack at first haha

Dude same here. But I’m conveniently at work in the ER so God is either watching me or playing games with my life

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
To anyone who interviewed today, did they mention when admission decisions would be made? My email said mid-late october which can’t be right

Members don't see this ad :)
To anyone who interviewed today, did they mention when admission decisions would be made? My email said mid-late october which can’t be right
Considering none of us who interviewed on the very first day in September have even heard anything yet, I wouldn't hold my breath for that decision set 1-2 weeks ago nor anytime soon lol

Last edited:
Not sure if I can answer this question, but I think it was okay. I felt it went well, but I think the structure was okay. I've had better. And I've had worse.
I already interviewed, and wanted to know what y'all thought about the interview portions. Any pros and cons?

so.... this is kinda bad for me but how do I know which time of the interview I signed up for? I don't remember if I signed up for AM one or PM one for this Friday interview.

so.... this is kinda bad for me but how do I know which time of the interview I signed up for? I don't remember if I signed up for AM one or PM one for this Friday interview.
The interview portal will tell you the time of your interview. Plus, they send an email reminder with the itinerary.

Pardon my ignorance... But what in the world is II???
I am still waiting for an interview invite (hopefully) I am a reapplicatant who was waitlisted post-interview for a spot. My status just changed to "your admissions is complete and being reviewed". Hopefully it's a good thing!

I am still waiting for an interview invite (hopefully) I am a reapplicatant who was waitlisted post-interview for a spot. My status just changed to "your admissions is complete and being reviewed". Hopefully it's a good thing!
II is interview invitation. Good luck!

II = Interview invite

II this morning! LM 64, URM IS. Complete early October.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I ended up in the same position! It will be on your email that will be sent out late in the day, the day before your interview. If you feel the need to know sooner, I couldn't seem to find it on the portal so I called. They were very nice and just looked it up for me. If you call, have your TMDSAS number available for them to most easily look it up.

Is it too late to complete a secondary here?
Honestly, because it's a TMDSAS school, it really is. TMDSAS schools will stop interviewing in January or February. You'd have a much better shot with AACOMAS DO schools.

Honestly, because it's a TMDSAS school, it really is. TMDSAS schools will stop interviewing in January or February. You'd have a much better shot with AACOMAS DO schools.
For these specific deadline questions, it's best to go to the school's web page.
SHSU-COM says the deadline to submit the supplemental (secondary) application and fee is December 20th.

For these specific deadline questions, it's best to go to the school's web page.
SHSU-COM says the deadline to submit the supplemental (secondary) application and fee is December 20th.
I understand the school will take applications up to that deadline, but is there really a good chance that an applicant applying now has a shot?

I understand the school will take applications up to that deadline, but is there really a good chance that an applicant applying now has a shot?
I have no basis to judge that, as it is just the second year of this school’s existence. I likewise don’t know if @mfc0530 just got a secondary from this school or if they have been procrastinating on writing it for weeks.
But if a school just sent it, they feel it’s not too late to write it.

Any other year but this crazy year I would agree with you tho, @Drsecondchance

just got an interview invite!

the soonest interview available is in January...for those who got one, did you see the same thing?

Thanks!

II this morning! I was able to register for a December date!

Hi all, i just canceled my 11/13 interview. I know this is last minute, but anyone looking for an earlier date, try today or tomorrow.

II today as well! Re-applicant, previously waitlisted. Jan interview

II this morning. ORM in state, complete early September. Dates were for dec and jan

Ok, so when are they finna send out pre-match offers? A girl is tired of waiting!

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
I'm guessing they wanted to see more of the applicant pool before they made decisions. Hopefully we'll hear back soon!

Just curious. When did yall interview? Mines was on Oct 9.

I was also October 9th. If they’re waiting to see more of the applicant pool, doesn’t that take away from those that applied early?

• Hmm