2020-2021 Temple

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Current student: the writing assignment is just a prompt that you respond to. I think mine was something about the importance of advocacy and I just ended up ranting about how advocating for things like proper, safe, housing can impact health (specifically with kids with asthma) I thought I was speaking nonsense but I got in so, must not have been bad. Everyone's prompt was different

do you have any tips for the general interview? is it casual? any obscure questions you experienced?

Members don't see this ad.

do you have any tips for the general interview? is it casual? any obscure questions you experienced?
The interview has changed since me....you used to have to do some weird sim-center encounter with a fake patient but thankfully for you guys, thats not a thing anymore. Now I think you just have the two faculty interviews which are both very chill. Everyone at temple is genuine and will appreciate if you are genuine and show what a "person" you are not how many things you've accomplished. You have the stats, they know about your experience, focus on trying to get them to get to know you.

Reactions: 3 users
II received!! Complete 7/30
PM for stats

Last edited:
  • Hmm
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do they evaluate applications before receiving casper scores? or is the application considered incomplete until then?

did you guys get confirmation emails after submitting your secondary? I submitted it on 7/17 and never got a confirmation email

did you guys get confirmation emails after submitting your secondary? I submitted it on 7/17 and never got a confirmation email

My CASPer came in after I submitted my secondary, so I received an "Update" email saying that all of my things were in. Not sure if they send this email if you already had everything in when you submit the secondary.

Reactions: 1 user
Did you take CASPer? Did you pay for the secondary? I submitted 7/31 and got a complete e-mail on 8/4.

Also check your spam.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else submit mid-July with no updates? Temple, show me some love pls lol

Reactions: 9 users
Just got my invitation for VITA. When do you guys think we should complete it by? Just before the regular interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Y’all I got my II at 3am! First one!! LM 66 / OOS / URM

Complete 8/4

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users
Congratulations! Best of luck to you!

What was your submit date?
Sorry, I realized I excluded it the first time.

Submitted 7/31, Complete 8/4 (was waiting on CASPer at that point)

II! ORM, ties to Philly, Complete 7/15

Reactions: 7 users
has anyone's status changed from completed to something else on the portal?

Temple seems to have a trend of sending IIs at 3am lol

Just got my invitation for VITA. When do you guys think we should complete it by? Just before the regular interview?
Did you end up taking it yet? I don’t see anything from Temple that specifies when we should complete VITA by.

Did you end up taking it yet? I don’t see anything from Temple that specifies when we should complete VITA by.

I haven't gotten the chance to take it yet, but I plan to do so before my interview next Thursday.

I mean, I was complete 7/16 and haven't heard back. I don't think they're going chronologically.
+1 the neuroticism is telling me it's a silent R, but common sense/logic says it's not chronological. Not sure who to believe... lol

Temple admissions mentioned that if you're in classes, they usually hold your application until Jan to see your fall semester grades. I'm in a grad program which is why they told me that.

Temple admissions mentioned that if you're in classes, they usually hold your application until Jan to see your fall semester grades. I'm in a grad program which is why they told me that.
wait does this mean for people still in undergrad too?

+1 the neuroticism is telling me it's a silent R, but common sense/logic says it's not chronological. Not sure who to believe... lol
Last year a ton of July/August applicants got II's in winter and spring even after being skipped for fall II's. Unfortunately, it looks like Temple doesn't do pre-II R's until spring, so it's a long road here.

Has anyone interviewing next week gotten the time slate email yet? I’ve only gotten a schedule without saying if I’m Morning or Afternoon

I haven't gotten that email either. I'm assuming they'll send out the detailed schedule with the zoom links early next week (my interview is Thursday).

I haven't gotten that email either. I'm assuming they'll send out the detailed schedule with the zoom links early next week (my interview is Thursday).
Ah I’m Tuesday so I’ll probably email them and let you know if there’s an email we didn’t get that we were supposed to!

My TU Portal says I start at 8:15a, but I haven't received confirmation of this via email yet. I did get an email today saying I'll get zoom links on Monday and I'm assuming that will come with a more detailed schedule.
Just checked mine and it says 8:15 too! I probably should've checked that haha! Thank you!! :)

• Love
Is it okay to write "Philly" in the secondaries. Not sure if that is formal enough. Philadelphia is quite a long word.