2020-2021 Washington University in St. Louis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Aaand it's before noon on a Monday and I've already been played by spam calls from New York and Florida.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
i would be nervous, but then checked and realized i had no energy left from this cycle

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Got the A call earlier today :), interviewed in Nov

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Can someone please tell me what technical challenges you had during the interview using Kira Talent? Did you simply use their chat bot to tell them what is wrong? How was the technical issue fixed?

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
Can someone please tell me what technical challenges you had during the interview using Kira Talent? Did you simply use their chat bot to tell them what is wrong? How was the technical issue fixed?
I think I had an issue in the set-up page when I had adblock on, otherwise no issues on my end

Got the A call earlier today :), interviewed in Nov
Holy smokes you got the call on a Monday?! Calls aren't exclusive to Thursday-Sunday?!

unlimited no limit GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I never interviewed for Progressive but they are interested in insuring my car.
Oh, and I interviewed at WashU early in the season I guess. Not much mutual interest from that. :(
You just played me so hard thank you for the laugh

• Care
I never interviewed for Progressive but they are interested in insuring my car.
Oh, and I interviewed at WashU early in the season I guess. Not much mutual interest from that. :(

Do you recommend sending a letter of intent to Progressive by mail or electronically? Thinking of rescinding my offer from Geico

• Haha
Reactions: 18 users
This wait is really tough. I feel a lot of us probably got into other schools but are still thinking WashU is maybe a possibility. Like on dating apps I have to say "well, I'm probably staying here for med school, but I might also randomly move to St. Louis."

Reactions: 12 users
Does anyone know when the scholarship committee meets/ if more scholarships were sent after the last A wave?

Reactions: 1 users
Another Thursday has arrived, best of luck to everyone

Reactions: 7 users
Another Thursday has arrived, best of luck to everyone
I should know better than to question the GOAT, but you think people will hear back today? I saw a few A’s reported last week and seems like they’re meeting every 2 weeks just based on SDN updates.

Fingers crossed I’m wrong, or they’re meeting more often now that it’s March! The wait has been painful for sure and hope more of us receive good news soon :nailbiting:

I should know better than to question the GOAT, but you think people will hear back today? I saw a few A’s reported last week and seems like they’re meeting every 2 weeks just based on SDN updates.

Fingers crossed I’m wrong, or they’re meeting more often now that it’s March! The wait has been painful for sure and hope more of us receive good news soon :nailbiting:
It sort of seemed like the scholarship committee and admissions committee alternate weeks. As interviews have concluded, I would expect decisions to ramp up... Do we expect A's to trickle in through the end of the month and the rest us to be hit by WL/R around 4/1?

Based on last year, I think all A's were given out by 3/16, and then WL/Rs hit in mid april

Based on last year, I think all A's were given out by 3/16, and then WL/Rs hit in mid april

Why would they take so long to dish out WL/R if all As are decided by Mar 16?

Anyone know if more merit scholarships have been offered?

Got a call from WashU. It was their donation center asking me for money
You don't know how many times I had a mini heart attack from those. Now I'm worried that I will instinctively mute a potential actual A.

• Haha
You don't know how many times I had a mini heart attack from those. Now I'm worried that I will instinctively mute a potential actual A.
Got a call from WashU. It was their donation center asking me for money
But what does it mean if I am not getting those calls?? Is there still hope??? 😭
(jk I'm assuming you guys are alumni or something)

But what does it mean if I am not getting those calls?? Is there still hope??? 😭
(jk I'm assuming you guys are alumni or something)
Haha yeah I am an alum and I'm guessing @penguins2727 is as well. I know you're joking but also I know if people here are as neurotic as I am, I know confirming it will make you feel better 😂

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
so are the initial round of A's done?
Even though I’ve pretty much resigned myself to the waitlist fate or worse, I’m pretty sure a good number of A’s have yet to go out (maybe 50-100ish?) based on past comments in this thread!

Reactions: 3 users
222. Tho I got in last week and my join request still hasn’t been approved for days

There were about 258 in the group last year a week or two before the big wave WLs and some As last year on March 17th. So maybe there’s like 40 As left to go? This is pure conjecture though lol

They have to release a minimum of 100 As (the class size) by March 15 according to the AAMC guidelines. However, the number of actually accepted applicants will certainly exceed this number.

Last year, the large batch of As was distributed in March 16 because the 15th was a Sunday. For AAMC purposes, if a deadline falls on a weekend, it is observed on the next business day. I believe this March 15th deadline for a minimum number of As has been ongoing for a long time.

WashU likely won’t finalize all decisions until April 15, the date they provided us

(or at least I’m assuming)