2020-2021 West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine (WVSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed 3/1, placed on waitlist :( . Expected because II said class was full, but still was hopeful

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey has anyone been accepted from the alternate list yet? I know second deposit deadline will probably be when people are pulled from the list but I was just wondering

Does anyone know if class is mandatory here? and also if the grading system is pass/fail or not?

Non-mandatory attendance, I think Graded and not Pass/Fail.
Thank you I appreciate it! So I am guessing the lectures are just pre recorded which basically leaves it up to the student to do everything on their own time if they wanted to do that? This is how I learn best lmao.

Can someone tell me how they saw their decision in the portal? Was it just under “application Status”?

Thank you I appreciate it! So I am guessing the lectures are just pre recorded which basically leaves it up to the student to do everything on their own time if they wanted to do that? This is how I learn best lmao.

Can someone tell me how they saw their decision in the portal? Was it just under “application Status”?
1) Yes, I believe that is how it works. Also, don't forget most professors have open office hours so if you learn better from your professor you have another way to get ahold of them.

2) My brother can view his accept status under check application status in the portal. It turns to accept applicant.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if March 12th the last day for interviews?

Difference between alternate list and wait list?

was just placed on alternate list.

Reactions: 1 users
hopefully there's a good amount of waitlist movement 🤞

Rejected today post-interview.

• Care
hello! Does WVSOM have strong research opportunities? Was anyone asked about their research experiences?

hello! Does WVSOM have strong research opportunities? Was anyone asked about their research experiences?
I wouldn't say "strong". Most students don't touch research, but if you want research there are a few options.

Did anyone have a stressful interview? Any tricky questions? Or was it more conversational? Thank you so much for any help; I’m feeling nervous

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone have a stressful interview? Any tricky questions? Or was it more conversational? Thank you so much for any help; I’m feeling nervous
Same Here. I interview in 3 days and am so nervous. I read through the thread and noticed that the interview was very conversational but if anyone has any other tips I would really appreciate it :)

• Care
Same Here. I interview in 3 days and am so nervous. I read through the thread and noticed that the interview was very conversational but if anyone has any other tips I would really appreciate it :)
I had my interview this morning! Tbh I was also nervous and it was a bit intimidating at first because you will have three interviewers- but it was definitely very conversational! All interviewers had a lot of great questions and I felt they were interested in my responses. I got asked about my current masters program, why WVSOM, why DO, where do you see yourself in 10 years, about my clinical experiences/ what I learned from them, they appreciated my MCAT increase with retake, if I have been exposed to OMM/OMT. I would say my most difficult questions were about my Master's program grades and I answered them honestly but tried to relay that it will prepare me for medical school. So def be prepared to speak about grades, MCAT, experiences and show interest in the school's mission. It flew by and I felt more comfortable as I talked more and got asked more questions. You guys got this!! :)

I had my interview this morning! Tbh I was also nervous and it was a bit intimidating at first because you will have three interviewers- but it was definitely very conversational! All interviewers had a lot of great questions and I felt they were interested in my responses. I got asked about my current masters program, why WVSOM, why DO, where do you see yourself in 10 years, about my clinical experiences/ what I learned from them, they appreciated my MCAT increase with retake, if I have been exposed to OMM/OMT. I would say my most difficult questions were about my Master's program grades and I answered them honestly but tried to relay that it will prepare me for medical school. So def be prepared to speak about grades, MCAT, experiences and show interest in the school's mission. It flew by and I felt more comfortable as I talked more and got asked more questions. You guys got this!! :)
Thanks so much! I hope everything works out for you :)

• Care
It wasn’t stressful, easy questions but mine was not conversational at all. It was them asking one question and waiting for my response and then asking another question. One of them seemed uninterested the entire time which threw me off and made me more nervous.

How many students typically get waitlisted here?

Just to chime in re: waitlist, I know someone in my class got accepted legit 4 days before orientation started. So I know it can happen pretty late

Hey everyone! I got accepted here and was wondering if there is a FB group or something for incoming students to connect and maybe find roommates.

Where do students tend to live near here? I was browsing the housing directory they provided accepted students but wasn't sure it was up to date or if there's another method of finding housing.

Where do students tend to live near here? I was browsing the housing directory they provided accepted students but wasn't sure it was up to date or if there's another method of finding housing.
No screw that directory. It's garbage. The class Facebook page is where I found my house, all the local landlords post their properties in there

Thank you! Do you happen to know if their Facebook page is up yet for the class of 2025?

Did anyone else have their checklist changed in the portal? Mine now asks me to verify my SSN.

Reactions: 2 users