2021-2022 Boston University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Because I'm psychotic:

MSAR (this year): Friday December 17
2020-2021: Friday December 11
2019-2020: Wednesday December 11
2018-2019: Monday January 7
2017-2018: Friday January 5
2016-2017: Friday January 6

I'm thinking late this week at the EARLIEST but I bet sometime next week
I want to say that the Dean said on or around Dec. 15 the first wave of As will be released so I’m also betting on next week.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I want to say that the Dean said on or around Dec. 15 the first wave of As will be released so I’m also betting on next week.
Based on previous years some ppl got calls beforehand too, so I’ll put money on late this week lol

Reactions: 2 users
Because I'm psychotic:

MSAR (this year): Friday December 17
2020-2021: Friday December 11
2019-2020: Wednesday December 11
2018-2019: Monday January 7
2017-2018: Friday January 5
2016-2017: Friday January 6

I'm thinking late this week at the EARLIEST but I bet sometime next week

EDIT: for the past 2 years it's been about 2 weeks after thanksgiving. Basing it off that, maybe it will be this week so thats fun
Haha I appreciate this so much. I'm crossing my fingers for this week as well!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
As we all sit here neurotically waiting by the phone - does anyone remember from the info sessions how they are changing their curriculum to an organ-system based curriculum? I can’t find any mention of this change online or on SDN, so I’ve started to think I hallucinated it lol. Anyone else remember that?

As we all sit here neurotically waiting by the phone - does anyone remember from the info sessions how they are changing their curriculum to an organ-system based curriculum? I can’t find any mention of this change online or on SDN, so I’ve started to think I hallucinated it lol. Anyone else remember that?
they are def changing their curriculum, I asked my interviewer about it and he said they were still working out the details and he didnt know much

They are! My interviewer told me that it will basically be the culmination of a bunch of different changes that they've tried out in the past few years and next year's class will be the first to go through it!

Just got a call from my interviewer telling me I have good news coming and admissions decisions about to be released!

interviewed 9/21

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Just got a call from my interviewer telling me I have good news coming and admissions decisions about to be released!

interviewed 9/21
OMG congrats!!!!! Now I can begin to sweat lol. Did they happen to mention specifically when they'll release decisions?

Accepted!! My interviewer also called me! How nice of them! :love:

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
OMG congrats!!!!! Now I can begin to sweat lol. Did they happen to mention specifically when they'll release decisions?
unfortunately not, but exact words, “first round interviews are going out and you are expecting good news, so congratulations....”

Members don't see this ad :)
oh gosh, now i'm feeling so incredibly anxious to hear back!

Just wanna remind everyone that based on past threads, these phone calls take days to roll out. Some may not even get one only a status update via email/portal. Some people may get calls today and some may be next week!!

All we can do is leave our phone volume on and buy some stress balls ;)

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Just got a call from my interviewer!! So excited!!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Bruh, I was in the middle of a med school interview and had my phone muted. But, my phone is connected to both my laptop and my phone, and I couldn't find the window on my laptop where it was ringing from. Massive L. took like 3 mins out of my interview and I had to apologize. I called the guy afterward and I was kinda pissed... in the middle of my message i see a text from the guy telling me I was accepted to Boston and I was like oh **** better delete and re-record hahaha.

• Haha
can those who received a call share the initials of their interviewer?

Reactions: 4 users
Bruh, I was in the middle of a med school interview and had my phone muted. But, my phone is connected to both my laptop and my phone, and I couldn't find the window on my laptop where it was ringing from. Massive L. took like 3 mins out of my interview and I had to apologize. I called the guy afterward and I was kinda pissed... in the middle of my message i see a text from the guy telling me I was accepted to Boston and I was like oh **** better delete and re-record hahaha.
Congrats! This has got to be one of the funniest things i've heard hahahaha

Got the call from my interviewer! Completely unexpected given I thought it was a bad interview but excited and happy nonetheless!

• Love
Do we think calls could go out after 5 pm EST?
I wouldn't think so since it's outside of standard business hours but I wouldn't rule it out since the interviewers may be doing it on their own time? I'm going to tell myself they won't though so that I can stop stressing for the day.

Got the call from my interviewer! Completely unexpected given I thought it was a bad interview but excited and happy nonetheless!
same. Well not bad, but mediocre.

Seems like a lot of ppl r getting calls this year compared to others

For those getting calls, when did you interview?

Did you guys find out who your interviewer will be before the interview? If so, when did you find out?

Did you guys find out who your interviewer will be before the interview? If so, when did you find out?
Yes-when they email you the Zoom Link like a day or two before they also include your interviewer's name!

• Love
Got the acceptance call from my interviewer last night 12/9 around 6pm! I interviewed 9/29. For others who received the call, has your portal been updated yet? Mine still just says "interview complete"

Got the acceptance call from my interviewer last night 12/9 around 6pm! I interviewed 9/29. For others who received the call, has your portal been updated yet? Mine still just says "interview complete"
Congrats! I also got the call yesterday around 6pm and my portal says the same. I imagine it will update after we receive our acceptance letters by email

edit: interviewed early october

What does BU's merit scholarships tend to look like? How many and what amount?
Anyone getting a call today or nah?

anyone received a call from IB?

Also got the call last night around 8:00pm PST! Interviewed late September.

• Love
A today around 11:30AM! Got an email (not a call) from my interviewer. Initials are B S

• Love
deferred and will be withdrawing - good luck to everyone, hope that clears up more spots!

• Care