2021-2022 Boston University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was rejected on Friday. It sounds like most people were accepted and I'm happy for everyone. My rejection wasn't a surprise given how poor my interview went. (The interviewer and I didn't vibe and I counted over 40 questions he asked me in 60 min. He also asked me questions that I think were really ridiculous about resource management. i.e if there were 10 ventilators and 50 people who needed them, how would I decide who gets them. Would I give preference to healthcare professionals in that decision, etc. It was a bad interview for me and I was expecting this.) Good luck everyone this cycle. :)
well, in one of my other interviews, my interviewer opens by asking me the following question in a group interview: "tell us why you should be accepted instead of the other two people here". how am i supposed to answer that with them staring at me lol. Waitlisted.

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
well, in one of my other interviews, my interviewer opens by asking me the following question in a group interview: "tell us why you should be accepted instead of the other two people here". how am i supposed to answer that with them staring at me lol. Waitlisted.
That's ****ed up. I'm sorry that happened to you. :(

Holy hell, I'm so sorry. That's straight up malignant if that's a penned up question that all interviewers ask applicants across the board.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone from mid November hear back? Or we probably into the March round

Anyone know if there is an accepted students fb page or groupme etc?

Reactions: 1 users
There’s not one that I’m aware of but I’d love to join one! Does the school normally make these or students on SDN?
I think usually the current students make it. That's what another school of mine did.

Logged into my portal today to find my status changed to "interview invite sent by email", but I never received the email. LM 72 OOS

Logged into my portal today to find my status changed to "interview invite sent by email", but I never received the email.
Do you have the "Interview Scheduling" tab appear on the left? If so, you're good to go -- probably just a glitch in the system. I interviewed earlier in the cycle, and I also never received an II by email.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,
I know a few people were anxious before, as they had submitted in early summer and still haven't heard back. If you were one of them, have you heard back yet?
Anyone have any advice for anyone who has heard radio-silence despite submitting over the summer?
Thanks!

Hi,
I know a few people were anxious before, as they had submitted in early summer and still haven't heard back. If you were one of them, have you heard back yet?
Anyone have any advice for anyone who has heard radio-silence despite submitting over the summer?
Thanks!
According to the portal, interviews are being conducted until mid-January. At this point in the cycle, especially at a school like BU which interviews such a small percentage of their applicants, I would not expect too many more IIs to go out, if any.

anyone else have a financial aid tab added to their portal? I just noticed it and it wasn't there for me before.

anyone else have a financial aid tab added to their portal? I just noticed it and it wasn't there for me before.
Fin aid tab appeared for me right after admissions decisions were updated to the portal!

For reference, last year I was waitlisted here (and ultimately rejected) and still had the tab because BU still has you fill out and submit the aid form even if you are waitlisted (although I can’t speak to flat out rejected)

“ We have very limited interview slots still available. Please try to select from those offered below. If that is not possible, let us know”
Just read this on the portal…I suppose an R is finally imminent.
i still have this and i was accepted

“ We have very limited interview slots still available. Please try to select from those offered below. If that is not possible, let us know”
Just read this on the portal…I suppose an R is finally imminent.
they told me that in mid-november. I wouldn't read into it.

Hey, does anyone mind sharing tips/experiences on preparing for the BUSM interview and for interview day?
I have gone through the AAMC guide on virtual interview tips, but would anyone be able to speak to whether the questions on the following site reflect to a strong extent the BUSM interview questions:
Thanks.

Hey, does anyone mind sharing tips/experiences on preparing for the BUSM interview and for interview day?
I have gone through the AAMC guide on virtual interview tips, but would anyone be able to speak to whether the questions on the following site reflect to a strong extent the BUSM interview questions:
Thanks.
Looks like a fair list based on my interview experience. My best tip for you is to just know yourself really well. My interviewer really did their best to dig deep and figure out who I was as a person along with what sort of impact I wanted to make in medicine.

i have my interview in 2 days. when do they send out the interview zoom link and interviewer name? also is it through email or on the portal?

i have my interview in 2 days. when do they send out the interview zoom link and interviewer name? also is it through email or on the portal?
They should send an email the day before with the interviewer's name and zoom link.

Does anyone know what to wear / what the dress code is for the second look dates in March?

I’m going to be withdrawing from my interview spot here (love the program but already have an idea of where I’ll be attending). Hope the spot goes to someone :) !

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
any facebook or Whatsapp group yet for accepted students? Having trouble finding anything

OOS II! Complete 8/18. Looks like its the final stretch, dates available were last few days of this month. High MCAT and low/mid GPA URM

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
They sent out interviews on monday, and I'm still "under review," so I had hope until I saw:

"The regular application cycle is closed for entering class 2022."

What? :') Does anyone else have this / know when it popped up?

They sent out interviews on monday, and I'm still "under review," so I had hope until I saw:

"The regular application cycle is closed for entering class 2022."

What? :') Does anyone else have this / know when it popped up?
I've already been accepted and have this same update as well. I think it just means that you can't submit a secondary anymore!

does anyone know if BUSM gives more scholarships than the dean's (10k) and when they release these scholarships?

does anyone know if BUSM gives more scholarships than the dean's (10k) and when they release these scholarships?
From what I've heard and seen on past threads... chances of $ from this school are very low

Anyone else get that interview followup email and text message this morning?

Pre-II rejection, complete in September. Good luck all!

Withdrew my acceptance the other day. Good luck to everyone waiting to hear in the second batch!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users