2021-2022 Boston University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone gotten a WL/rejection email yet, or any portal updates? freaking out here omg

Members don't see this ad.

A in a email this morning! My first A 😭😭😭

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the waitlist email. Congrats to everyone who got accepted!

just got waitlisted ! deferred in dec, kinda disappointed but not surprised!! good luck to you all :)

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
WL here as well! I think my 2022 is cursed by the WL ghost 😅 will be withdrawing this one though

Waitlisted too, but withdrawing!

+1 WL. MSAR says 300 WL offered with 20 getting off the list... that's rough

• Sad
Also got WL'd this morning but will be withdrawing. Congrats and good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there an accepted students group already made from the December wave?

Waitlisted by Boston U :( . Interviewed in October and was deferred in December.

Waitlisted. Interviewed in October and deferred in December.

A via email! Interviewed late November :)

A through email this morning and just got a call from my interview a few hours after :)

Congrats to everyone accepted! and hope everyone who’s been waitlisted is doing okay.

Can anyone who’s been to second look day let me know what time it started? Thanks :)

A!!! Got the email this morning at 8:01am EST. Also included a merit scholarship offer 😮
Interviewed in Dec; A via email at like 8am EST (no call / contact from interviewer). Got a merit offer as well (which was hidden in the pdf attachments)

Congrats to everyone accepted! and hope everyone who’s been waitlisted is doing okay.

Can anyone who’s been to second look day let me know what time it started? Thanks :)
If you RSVP to any of the second day look dates they say it goes from 10am-3:30pm

Does anybody know how it works with applications to the MSR? Is there a chance that spots would fill up if we wait too long to submit the housing guarantee payment and we can't live in the MSR?

Anybody received or know when financial aid packages will be sent out? (Last year it seemed like first week of March.)

Anybody received or know when financial aid packages will be sent out? (Last year it seemed like first week of March.)
Receive financial aid package last month, but submitted my forms/documents in December. Not sure what the timeline looks like for recently accepted students!

I submitted my docs in early January and haven't gotten anything yet. They say applications are processed on a first come, first served basis so they trickle out.

I submitted my docs in early January and haven't gotten anything yet. They say applications are processed on a first come, first served basis so they trickle out.
Same here. Thanks for the info!

Expect to be completely disappointed with your financial aid package 🙃.
I have immense financial need and was still given no need based loans. When I appealed and tried to explain my situation I was told that they understand, however they have limited funds to distribute.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Expect to be completely disappointed with your financial aid package 🙃.
I have immense financial need and was still given no need based loans. When I appealed and tried to explain my situation I was told that they understand, however they have limited funds to distribute.
can confirm the disappointment
sent documents in early march and got my finaid package today

I’m sorry to hear that y’all. I wonder if BU ran out of funds early this year because I thought they were relatively generous with need-based aid considering what I’ve heard before.

Not sure if y’all can appeal, but I received $20k need-based scholarship and $10k need-based loan w/ EFC $0.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how willing BU is to negotiate aid? I just got a way better package from another school but BU is my #1 and I want to see if they will improve my aid (I don’t need a match, just at least the $10k need based loan).

Anyone know the protocol re. guests for second look?

What about the dress code for second look?
I went to the second look in March. Before the event, an M1 in the GroupMe said that we should wear jeans and a sweater, so I wore nice jeans and a nice sweater. I would say roughly half or so wore that, and the other half wore dress pants/shoes/blouse

What about the dress code for second look?
The current M1's and the administration have said that you don't need to impress them, it's their turn to impress you. Wear comfortable clothing! You don't need to wear business casual.

Does anyone have an idea of movement / timing for waitlisted people?

Is the new curriculum P/F and is the class ranked?
Pre-clinical is supposedly true P/F with no internal ranking. Only 3rd and 4th year clinicals are graded.

Withdrew my acceptance offer here, hoping that waitlist movement starts soon for y'all!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users