2021-2022 Case Western

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II for Cleveland Clinic, LM 83, OOS, complete 7/22

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
OOS II received for Cleveland Clinic! I could NOT be more excited. LM 73.30, complete 7/23, OOS no ties.

The invite went to my junk folder instead of my inbox, so everyone make sure to check your spam.

If you haven't heard anything yet, try to hang in there. Good luck!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS, II received for Cleveland Clinic! LM 70, legit in SHOCK. Congratulations to everyone else who received an invite and sending good vibes to the rest!

Reactions: 4 users
I ended up doing my Case app late (4 weeks instead of 2 weeks). I know Case strongly recommend submitting within 2 weeks, but unlike other schools they don't mention that submitting increases your priority internally (beyond the general first come first serve). Does anyone know if your application is flagged or anything if you're later?

I ended up doing my Case app late (4 weeks instead of 2 weeks). I know Case strongly recommend submitting within 2 weeks, but unlike other schools they don't mention that submitting increases your priority internally (beyond the general first come first serve). Does anyone know if your application is flagged or anything if you're later?
It's not. Go back earlier in the thread where @CWRU.Sman confirms this.

Is there a general expectation to use up all 3500 (or close to 3500) characters for the secondary essay responses? For some of the prompts, I have much shorter responses (like 1500-2000 characters)

Just got an R from University program, although do have II at Cleveland clinic

It's not. Go back earlier in the thread where @CWRU.Sman confirms this.
Sorry, but do you have a general post number I could refer to. I went through the whole convo, but didn't see anything concerning application lateness flags.

Sorry, but do you have a general post number I could refer to. I went through the whole convo, but didn't see anything concerning application lateness flags.
also @CWRU.Sman is on the admissions committee and is kind enough to keep you informed on this thread and answer questions.
If you read through the whole thread and see his/her answers to other people's questions, you will have the best picture of what to do-

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Correct. The point is that we (and every other med school) have WAY more interview spots available at the beginning of the season than later in the year. Therefore, if you're just submitting your application in November when we're booking interviews in January and February, then your chances of getting an interview could be much less.

The two week recommendation is just that... a recommendation. We're not tracking whether you submitted within 13 days or 17 days.
here ya go!

@CWRU.Sman Hi! Are we allowed to know if the You Do IQ sessions have a bearing on our application decisions? It says strongly recommended in bold and I'm not sure if that's implying this, or just emphasizing its importance for our own sake when making a decision.

@CWRU.Sman Hi! Are we allowed to know if the You Do IQ sessions have a bearing on our application decisions? It says strongly recommended in bold and I'm not sure if that's implying this, or just emphasizing its importance for our own sake when making a decision.
I went to one of these and the facilitator said that it had no impact on their decision and that they don’t report back to anyone. I think it’s just an opportunity to see how the sessions typically go since they make up a large part of the curriculum!

I went to one of these and the facilitator said that it had no impact on their decision and that they don’t report back to anyone. I think it’s just an opportunity to see how the sessions typically go since they make up a large part of the curriculum!
Can you, or anyone else who has attended one, describe the session a little more? How long did it take, how many other applicants were there, how much participation there was, and how were people dressed? Thanks in advance!

Can you, or anyone else who has attended one, describe the session a little more? How long did it take, how many other applicants were there, how much participation there was, and how were people dressed? Thanks in advance!
Comfy casual, I was wearing a sweatshirt. There were 2 student facilitators and maybe ~15 applicants, and we ended up in 2 breakout rooms. Pretty good participation in my group at least, it took about 45 minutes and the med student stuck around after to answer questions about the program/school for us! Overall I had a fun doing it and would highly recommend it!

Apologies if this has already been asked, but does anyone know where we are supposed to upload a photo prior to interview day? Is this separate from the photo we were required to upload with our application?

Apologies if this has already been asked, but does anyone know where we are supposed to upload a photo prior to interview day? Is this separate from the photo we were required to upload with our application?

It is the same photo that you uploaded for your secondary. No new photo!

Exactly right. It's an opportunity to experience a taste of our curriculum since you can't be here to observe it. Actually, I like it better because you get to participate vs. passively sitting in an IQ group room watching med students do their work. While it's not intended to be evaluative, I suppose if someone acted like a complete jerk, I'd like to know about that. That said, most people know how to comport themselves well and I don't really have to worry about this happening too much.

complete 7/22, LM 78 ORM with 1500+ research hours and received pre-II R this morning as well, really sad about this one.

• Sad
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
do we have any reason to feel somewhat hopeful if we haven't received an R yet and were complete at around the same time as some people receiving Rs? lol

do we have any reason to feel somewhat hopeful if we haven't received an R yet and were complete at around the same time as some people receiving Rs? lol
Not receiving an R can only be a good thing, but it’s very likely all that means is they haven’t gotten to you yet since they don’t queue solely by submit date

Not receiving an R can only be a good thing, but it’s very likely all that means is they haven’t gotten to you yet since they don’t queue solely by submit date
Anecdotally, I submitted mid-July last cycle, got my interview invitation in January, and got in to Case like 2 weeks later. Patience is definitely important in this process.

Reactions: 2 users
Anecdotally, I submitted mid-July last cycle, got my interview invitation in January, and got in to Case like 2 weeks later. Patience is definitely important in this process.
Yeah, sounds like you got put on hold and got re-reviewed later in the cycle. Seeing other people’s submit times can be informative, but at the end of the day admissions is a black box and being patient is the only way forward

Reactions: 3 users
Pre-II R, complete 7/15, 3.86cGPA, 3.9sGPA, 521 MCAT, OOS no ties

Strong ECs too, so this one was completely out of left field.

Wish the best of luck to everyone else still in the running!

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 8 users
just received an II! OOS and complete 7/26

when i become king of ohio i will give everyone a case western II

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
when i become king of ohio i will give everyone a case western II

If Khansotia has million number of fans i am one of them 🙋🏻‍♂️. if Khansotia has ten fans i am one of them. if Khansotia has only one fan, that is me 🙋🏽‍♂️🙋🏾‍♂️🙋🏼‍♂️. if Khansotia has no fans, that means i am no longer on this earth 😢. if the world is against Khansotia, i am against the world ❌🌍☄️. i love Khansotia till my last breath.. 😍 .. Die Hard fan of Khansotia 🤓🌹. Hit like If you Think Khansotia is the most bestest and most Smart In the world 🤠

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
has anyone interviewed for CCLCM already? if so, how was the vibe!??