2022-2023 Western Michigan (Stryker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone think we 1/27 interviewees will hear back? I normally would never expect decisions that fast but the rest of the thread people seemed to be getting really fast responses.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone think we 1/27 interviewees will hear back? I normally would never expect decisions that fast but the rest of the thread people seemed to be getting really fast responses.
+1 II on 1/27. I doubt they'll get back to us today, but I could be wrong. J got an email saying that they are planning to review my app on 2/14.

+1 II on 1/27. I doubt they'll get back to us today, but I could be wrong. J got an email saying that they are planning to review my app on 2/14.

Yes I actually just received this email as well right after my other post! Thanks for the response. I’m so thankful that WMed is kind enough to give us updates like that!!

Reactions: 1 user
WL, interviewed on 1/13, thought my interview went really well but I suppose not as well as I thought :/

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
did anyone else just get an II without any available slots to interview? like at all? throughout july? :(

did anyone else just get an II without any available slots to interview? like at all? throughout july? :(
Oh god thats what happened when I got that fake interview from brown & went to go schedule.

Happy to provide some monday afternoon paranoia :)

Oh god thats what happened when I got that fake interview from brown & went to go schedule.

Happy to provide some monday afternoon paranoia :)
i had that thought earlier but was hoping it was just me overthinking...i'm going to have a fun night waiting to see if they actually don't want me and made a mistake!

i had that thought earlier but was hoping it was just me overthinking...i'm going to have a fun night waiting to see if they actually don't want me and made a mistake!
great news, i got an email back and was able to schedule an interview! luck is on my side for once :)

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Today is the day for some of us folks… praying for As

Reactions: 1 users
II today OOS- phone interview end of September. started to schedule beginning of March

Reactions: 3 users
Just got the call!!!!!!!! This is my first A as a reapplicant and I LOVE this school!!!!!!! I am shaking and still in shock!:giggle:

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Congrats to the As!!!

A few questions I have:

-Anyone placed on the waitlist in December hear back today?

-Does anyone think they'll send more decisions out soon?

Thank you :)

Congrats to the As!!!

A few questions I have:

-Anyone placed on the waitlist in December hear back today?

-Does anyone think they'll send more decisions out soon?

Thank you :)
I'm sorry I don't know the answer to these questions but I wanted to let you know that the admissions committee is very open to answering any questions you may have about timing of decisions -- feel free to email them and I am sure they would be happy to put you at ease!! I know a few people in the past on this thread have emailed them asking when to expect decisions and they got a quick response back :) here's the email: [email protected]

• Care
To the peeps that I saw at today's interview - you all are such beautiful, smart, kind people!! I hope many of us get to see each other IRL in the near future as WMed students!!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
To the peeps that I saw at today's interview - you all are such beautiful, smart, kind people!! I hope many of us get to see each other IRL in the near future as WMed students!!
To kind of second this, I’m excited to meet everyone attending interview day this Friday!!!

• Care
Just got the A a few minutes ago via phone call. Interviewed 2/25

• Love
WL just a bit ago. Super bummed but hopeful to come off the waitlist!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Any advice/thoughts when visiting Kalamazoo for second look? I'm flying from the west coast to Detroit then driving to Kalamazoo, wanted to explore the area a bit

Any advice/thoughts when visiting Kalamazoo for second look? I'm flying from the west coast to Detroit then driving to Kalamazoo, wanted to explore the area a bit
WLed applicant that visits the area a lot here! Downtown Kzoo has a lot of fun little boutiques and shops and also has a climbing gym (if you have no experience climbing, you will need to take a quick one hour course on belaying, or you can test out if you have experience). A lot of the best breweries in Michigan are in the area, including Bell’s Brewery and One Well Brewing, and lots of meaderies as well! My personal favorite restaurant is the Kalamazoo Beer Exchange; starting at 6:00 pm, the beer prices change based on demand and “market crashes” periodically happen throughout the evening where prices drop to their lowest points for five minutes. Also suggest checking out LFG, an arcade bar in downtown where you get game tokens for every food and drink purchase! If hiking is your thing, Kalamazoo nature center has a lot of trails (I personally haven’t done any of them yet), and a hiking trail at Asylum Lake (I believe thats what its called, the trail goes through where an abandoned asylum used to stand). Lemme know if you need other suggestions!

Anyone know how they want LOI submitted? Do we just upload it to our portal?

Post-PI R. They said the interview season is now over. Good luck to everyone that was accepted!!

Got the A call off the waitlist! Super pumped!!!! Don't lose hope everyone!!!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users