2022-2023 Western Michigan (Stryker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
got the A yesterday after being put on the WL on 1/31!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
So the class must be full right? Anyone else get that waitlist email about no more movement until May?

Reactions: 2 users
So the class must be full right? Anyone else get that waitlist email about no more movement until May?
Yes I did! Yes pretty sure their class is full but they anticipate spots opening up!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew my acceptance. Hoping it goes to one of you lovelies!

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
anyone else get an email about the MBS program? can any current students comment on it? Does this mean I wont get off the WL lol

• Haha
Just withdrew my application. Hope it goes to one of you on the waitlist!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Still in WL limbo but if anyone going to Second Look Day needs suggestions for dining and activities in Kzoo, shoot me a message!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew my A, its an amazing program, hope it goes to one of u lovely people

good luck!!!:)

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Are we expecting As today off WL if the committee meeting is today?

Just withdrew my A from here. Whew, that was hard, but good luck to those waiting!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Emailed them about matching my financial aid award from another with their school and that I'd go to WMed in that case but they said that they don't take into account other schools financial aid offers :( Will probably withdraw since 90k a year in loans is a tough sell

any WL movement?
I think there has been a little -- I'm on the accepted student's facebook page and rn there's only 69 people total (class size is mid 80s) and there has been like 5 new additions to the group since last week. I also got an email that was sent out to accepted students last week that urged those not planning to enroll to withdraw so that WL movement can begin. They're trying :)

I just want to preface this by saying how much I really really like WMed. Their interview day was easily one of my favorites and honestly, their phone interview was also super fun and engaging. Plus, their handwritten thank-you note post-interview?? It's obvious how much they care about their students. All of this, including how transparent and communicative they are, made me really like this school. Unfortunately, despite getting a full ride, I had to make the hardest decision of my life and withdraw my acceptance. I'm still very emotional about it, but I just couldn't make it work for me (recent life events make it difficult to relocate). I wish everyone the best of luck and don't sleep on WMed, this school is fantastic!

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
I just want to preface this by saying how much I really really like WMed. Their interview day was easily one of my favorites and honestly, their phone interview was also super fun and engaging. Plus, their handwritten thank-you note post-interview?? It's obvious how much they care about their students. All of this, including how transparent and communicative they are, made me really like this school. Unfortunately, despite getting a full ride, I had to make the hardest decision of my life and withdraw my acceptance. I'm still very emotional about it, but I just couldn't make it work for me (recent life events make it difficult to relocate). I wish everyone the best of luck and don't sleep on WMed, this school is fantastic!
I'm sorry that happened to you. You're definitely really smart and incredible to have gotten to this point so no doubt you'll figure things out! I also have the same sentiment towards WMed- incredible people and school! Also, if you don't mind me asking how you received a full ride to WMed. Was it something they gave you (financial, merit) or was it external scholarships? I'm pretty low income and had a low EFC but only got a little bit from Wmed which makes it tough to go there even though i want to

I'm sorry that happened to you. You're definitely really smart and incredible to have gotten to this point so no doubt you'll figure things out! I also have the same sentiment towards WMed- incredible people and school! Also, if you don't mind me asking how you received a full ride to WMed. Was it something they gave you (financial, merit) or was it external scholarships? I'm pretty low income and had a low EFC but only got a little bit from Wmed which makes it tough to go there even though i want to
Hi! So initially I was given ~$40K per year if I'm not mistaken. However, I received an email later with the offer of the full ride. I didn't apply for it. It was a complete shock to me. For context, I grew up low income as well. I am also OOS. I am assuming that since I did not accept the full ride, that the offer might go to someone else. But I am not sure

Does anyone know if they are still sending merit scholarships? or if we were taken off the WL is there no chance for that?

Does anyone have any idea how many spots they have left or if they are full?

Just got the A call off the WL as a reapplicant!!! first MD A I am so thrilled

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Just got the A call of waitlist. So shocked. Have a really hard decision to make. 😭

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Is WL movement likely at this point?

How long after the phone interview do they send out invitations or rejections?