2021-2022 Dartmouth (Geisel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Complete late July and have not heard anything either.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my application on 9/30 and have not heard anything back yet...any chance they haven't even seen my app yet?

Reactions: 1 user
I submitted my application on 9/30 and have not heard anything back yet...any chance they haven't even seen my app yet?
There was someone who got an II and completed it in October. So they def saw your app. You and the rest of us in the running are prolly in the endless cycle of holds until they finally decide to interview or reject

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Question - Does Geisel have an official abbreviation? Like GSOM, or DGSOM? The school does not come up when I look up these abbreviations.

Still haven't heard anything - submitted mid August... wondering if they've even seen my app yet
same, I really love this school so it's rough
sad about silence but happy to be avoiding these R waves?

There was someone who got an II and completed it in October. So they def saw your app. You and the rest of us in the running are prolly in the endless cycle of holds until they finally decide to interview or reject
schools don't necessarily review in chronological order, they def pick out certain apps to review first.
It could be that the apps have been reviewed and put on hold or it could be that they haven't been fully reviewed yet

Hey Everyone! This has been my dream school for a few years, and like so many of you, I have been waiting for many many months on their review of my application and almost all of my other schools as I am still waiting in the dark for an interview. I just wanted to come on here to say that I am proud of all of your accomplishments. They are all worthy of high praise and distinction and I have not even met any of you. I have learned how degrading this process is waiting on others to judge the past several years of your endeavors and I just want to recognize all of you people out there still waiting. Your accomplishments are still impactful! We all just need to keep looking forward to the day when we will be impactful medical leaders! :)

• Care
Reactions: 15 users
Withdrew! Good luck to everyone else hope my interview spot goes to one of y’all!

Reactions: 9 users
Hey Everyone! This has been my dream school for a few years, and like so many of you, I have been waiting for many many months on their review of my application and almost all of my other schools as I am still waiting in the dark for an interview. I just wanted to come on here to say that I am proud of all of your accomplishments. They are all worthy of high praise and distinction and I have not even met any of you. I have learned how degrading this process is waiting on others to judge the past several years of your endeavors and I just want to recognize all of you people out there still waiting. Your accomplishments are still impactful! We all just need to keep looking forward to the day when we will be impactful medical leaders! :)
Thank you for giving such an inspiring and kind message! I wish you the best of luck!

• Care
this is so sweet <3 we love you midwestcoldbrew

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the A... interviewed late September so I was starting to lose hope on this one

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
Just got the A, Interviewed mid October, OOS,

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
A received by email!!!! Interviewed mid-November

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Do you think it would be ok to upload a letter of interest if pre-ii?

I did, and I got an email back letting me know they got it so I’m sure it’s fine
No I meant like do they actually consider it? Or does anyone know if it could “boost” the consideration for interview?

I just received an II!!!
Complete 12/1.
12/1 literally what
9938575_9fca5.gif

anyways gl

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Every piece of advice about stats mattering and turning in applications early I’ve heard on SDN is total GARBAGE.
That is aggressively poor advice. Just because you have found great success applying late without 3.9x/52x stats does not mean that stats don’t matter or that applying late isn’t detrimental to an applicant’s success. I’m not sure whether you are URM or not, but if so, that certainly plays into how your application is reviewed. Please refrain from making rash generalizations based on your success.

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
That is aggressively poor advice. Just because you have found great success applying late without 3.9x/52x stats does not mean that stats don’t matter or that applying late isn’t detrimental to an applicant’s success. I’m not sure whether you are URM or not, but if so, that certainly plays into how your application is reviewed. Please refrain from making rash generalizations based on your success.

I wasn’t giving anyone advice. I was talking about my experiences.

But if you want my unqualified opinion...

I think that if a med school really wants you, it won’t matter when you apply or what your stats are. They’re gonna give you an interview.

I applied very late. My secondaries were submitted from early September to early December. So far I’ve gotten 5 IIs. 4 IIs this month. I expect more very soon and later in the cycle since I applied late but I feel like if a school wanted me early in the cycle, they would want me later as well. Three of my IIs so far were secondaries I submitted on the final secondary deadline-two of which are Top 5 schools and now Dartmouth. My stats are okay but not amazing. I’m part urm but part orm and my name sounds very typical for an ORM so some adcoms may have glossed over my race.

I think I may have communicated my story well and in a non-hasty way. If that means that I was done with my primary in August rather than June, I think I made the right choice since it was way stronger and more polished in August than it would have been in June.

Maybe it can’t be generalized to every single student but I’m airing this out because of how terrible I felt as I was churning out secondaries in October and November when everyone on this website was saying that submitting then was useless and an auto rejection and how I committed some grave sin that would keep me from getting into med school. I’m taking that power back and no one is gonna stop me from doing so.

Anyways, can anyone tell me about the interviews? I know there are two traditional interviews. Are they pretty laidback like the ones I’ve been on? Hopefully no stress interviews?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 users

I think that if a med school really wants you, it won’t matter when you apply or what your stats are. They’re gonna give you an interview.

I applied very late. My secondaries were submitted from early September to early December. So far I’ve gotten 5 IIs. 4 IIs this month. I expect more very soon and later in the cycle since I applied late but I feel like if a school wanted me early in the cycle, they would want me later as well. Three of my IIs so far were secondaries I submitted on the final secondary deadline-two of which are Top 5 schools and now Dartmouth. My stats are okay but not amazing. I’m part urm but part orm and my name sounds very typical for an ORM so some adcoms may have glossed over my race.

I think I may have communicated my story well and in a non-hasty way. If that means that I was done with my primary in August rather than June, I think I made the right choice since it was way stronger and more polished in August than it would have been in June.

Maybe it can’t be generalized to every single student but I’m airing this out because of how terrible I felt as I was churning out secondaries in October and November when everyone on this website was saying that submitting then was useless and an auto rejection and how I committed some grave sin that would keep me from getting into med school. I’m taking that power back and no one is gonna stop me from doing so.

Anyways, can anyone tell me about the interviews? I know there are two traditional interviews. Are they pretty laidback like the ones I’ve been on? Hopefully no stress interviews?
They are awesome, most laidback and enjoyable interviews I have had

Reactions: 3 users
Also, I know things might be confidential but how was that group exercise thing? It seems a little intimidating since I don’t think I’ve done anything like it.

Also, I know things might be confidential but how was that group exercise thing? It seems a little intimidating since I don’t think I’ve done anything like it.
Don’t worry yourself about it! It was just a fun little group activity. Not allowed to share details, but honestly they wouldn’t help you even if we could. It’s just about working together in a laidback exercise.

Reactions: 1 users
If we send an update letter pre-II do we upload it to the portal or email it to them directly?

II today! complete early august

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users

"If a med school REALLY wants you..." where those schools at 😂

"If a med school REALLY wants you..." where those schools at 😂
I’m sure they exist. I just wish people would stop thinking of this thing as a game to win and just be themselves.

Also I got a sixth II yesterday at a school I submitted my secondary for in the middle of October. It had a really long biographical essay that I recycled for one of Dartmouth’s prompts.

• Okay...
pre II R this morning. complete mid august