2021-2022 Dartmouth (Geisel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know if there's any updates on the administration and their mishandling of the cheating allegations??

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Bruh who gives a damn. It’s Dartmouth med, if you get in you go unless you have somewhere better to be.
Go to school for no reason other than the name, hate your life for four years due to terrible administration, learn that this is what medicine is, become admin, teach the next generation of medical students to hate their life, the cycle repeats.

I personally enjoyed the school and it seems like they are making active changes. However, this is a valid concern and you should absolutely not go to a school solely for the name.

Reactions: 6 users
Go to school for no reason other than the name, hate your life for four years due to terrible administration, learn that this is what medicine is, become admin, teach the next generation of medical students to hate their life, the cycle repeats.

I personally enjoyed the school and it seems like they are making active changes. However, this is a valid concern and you should absolutely not go to a school solely for the name.
It’s a semi-valid concern for people with the luxury of multiple acceptances. As I said, if you have somewhere better to be go there instead. Better here is subjective, it does not necessarily mean better name. I just feel like slimy pre-meds continue to bring this issue up in the hopes that it will deter the competition. For some reason that kind of bs bothers me.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It’s a semi-valid concern for people with the luxury of multiple acceptances. As I said, if you have somewhere better to be go there instead. Better here is subjective, it does not necessarily mean better name. I just feel like slimy pre-meds continue to bring this issue up in the hopes that it will deter the competition. For some reason that kind of bs bothers me.
You genuinely think people are asking for fear mongering and not as a legitimate concern? I don’t hang around the school specifics enough - if that is a consistent theme then ignore me

Reactions: 1 users
Anyway so, do we think some 11/4 interviewees will hear back today or will they skip this week because of the holiday?

Anyway so, do we think some 11/4 interviewees will hear back today or will they skip this week because of the holiday?
Pretty sure it is every other Friday that they send acceptances, so there wouldn’t have been anything this week anyways.

Does anyone know if Geisel tends to ghost post-interview applicants that have not received the A? Thanks

Does anyone know if Geisel tends to ghost post-interview applicants that have not received the A? Thanks
They said on my interview day that we might hear back until the end of the interview cycle (March) because thats when they decide the cutoff for who gets A’d / WL’d

Pre-II R. Complete 8/1, OOS, LM 68 ORM. Kind of expected with my stats but I really liked this school :(

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Pre-II R. Complete 8/1, OOS, LM 68 ORM. Kind of expected with my stats but I really liked this school :(
Same :( this was my top choice. Good luck to you all!

• Care
  • Dislike
Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone been complete since late July and still not hear anything?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the Pre-II R :yuck:

Complete 10/9.
Good luck to the future docs here! Yall be easy now!

• Care
gg got the R. 522, 4.0, OOS. Complete 7/24

Really thought I had a lot of solid experiences related to their curriculum and entrepreneurship stuff, but it happens!

• Care
gg got the R. 522, 4.0, OOS. Complete 7/24

Really thought I had a lot of solid experiences related to their curriculum and entrepreneurship stuff, but it happens!
did you just receive it or did you receive it with the other R’s reported on this thread? I wonder whether they’re staggering R’s throughout the day.

Has anyone been complete since late July and still not hear anything?
From my limited knowledge of the application cycle as long as you haven't gotten an R from a school that sends out pre-ii Rs periodically throughout the cycle, you're still in the running. But this whole process is a crapshoot so take my thoughts with a grain of salt lmao

How far out has Dartmouth sent invites for?

Ask lots of questions about the cheating scandal. It lets them know you’ve done your homework.
I can’t tell if this is serious advice, but I would not recommend doing this. Maybe ask one question on this topic if you actually have a question about it, but there are many other ways to show that you have ‘done your homework’ that wouldn’t raise concerns about your genuine interest in attending the school.

I can’t tell if this is serious advice, but I would not recommend doing this. Maybe ask one question on this topic if you actually have a question about it, but there are many other ways to show that you have ‘done your homework’ that wouldn’t raise concerns about your genuine interest in attending the school.

Dudes trying to sabotage others lol. Down bad smh

LOL there’s no way you thought I was serious. Do NOT bring the topic up at all. Do some mock interviews, then go have a conversation about your genuine interests and the interests of your interviewers. When you’re done, make some Mac and cheese and chill out.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
LOL there’s no way you thought I was serious. Do NOT bring the topic up at all. Do some mock interviews, then go have a conversation about your genuine interests and the interests of your interviewers. When you’re done, make some Mac and cheese and chill out.
😅 Oh thank god! Idk… It wouldn’t have been the first time I’ve seen horrible advice on SDN.

Anyone know when Dartmouth interviews until. Complete august wanna know if I still hve a shot?

A, LM 74 / ORM / OOS / complete 7/15, interviewed 10/28

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
A as well!!! Feels like a anvil has been taken off my back as a reapplicant, holy crap!!! ORM/OOS, Interviewed 11/4.

• Love
  • Care
Sorry if this has been asked before- but anyone else complete July and still no R or II? Should I just expect an R soon lol

Sorry if this has been asked before- but anyone else complete July and still no R or II? Should I just expect an R soon lol
You’ve dodged a few R waves so you’re probably in the running for an II

• Love
yup

edit: yes to silence since july, not necessarily a silent R

Interviewed in Sept. Haven’t heard anything. Uploaded update letter ~1.5 months ago. Any advice?

Pre-II R, complete early August, OOS LM ~72

• Care
Still haven't heard anything - submitted mid August... wondering if they've even seen my app yet