2021-2022 Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I finished my thesis in December, so I guess that might count. Nothing other than that though haha. It doesn't hurt though, you're right!
thesis is worth updating on forsure. also can discuss continued involvement in other activities briefly, so go for it

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
I wrote a LOI to them last week to update them on a lab position I got at JHU SOM so I'm praying that my deferral--> accepted. this waiting is literally killing me from the inside slowly.

I wrote a LOI to them last week to update them on a lab position I got at JHU SOM so I'm praying that my deferral--> accepted. this waiting is literally killing me from the inside slowly.
if u end up coming to JHU SOM, hit me up. i know all the good spots

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent a LOI here and am currently deferred for the Maine track. Now that I am waitlisted at all (3) other schools I was interviewed at, I am wondering if there is any way to gauge how long the wait might be here (such as calling admissions??) so that I can know whether I could expect to send another LOI (if rejected here) to another school to increase my chances of getting in at least somewhere. Any advice??

I sent a LOI here and am currently deferred for the Maine track. Now that I am waitlisted at all (3) other schools I was interviewed at, I am wondering if there is any way to gauge how long the wait might be here (such as calling admissions??) so that I can know whether I could expect to send another LOI (if rejected here) to another school to increase my chances of getting in at least somewhere. Any advice??
Not the advice you wana hear, but I say, for now, stay patient. You don’t want to nag too quickly after your LOI. Maybe early April you can reach out and ask if the office of admissions is able to provide any information on how full the class is (since maine track is pretty limited in spots) or how much movement they anticipate. Plus, they will have a better idea of what to expect come april, since people will start withdrawing and commiting to places throughout that month. Best of luck!!! Surely, one of your pending decisions will yield an A!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Not the advice you wana hear but I say, for now, stay patient. You don’t want to nag too quickly after your LOI. Maybe early April you can reach out and ask if the office of admissions is able to provide any information on how full the class is (since maine track is pretty limited in spots) or how much movement they anticipate. Plus, they will have a better idea of what to expect come april, since people will start withdrawing and commiting to places throughout that month. Best of luck!!! Surely, one of your pending decisions will yield an A!
Thank you so much. I really really hope so

has anyone from the 2/16 interview cohort heard anything back?

Last edited:
Didn't someone say Mon and Wed for IIs? This might be the last day?

Reactions: 1 users
Are interviews likely over? I still haven't heard a single thing lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone on here accepted to tufts Maine and it’s not their top choice? I’m trying to gauge whether there will be any waitlist movement…

Who is technically the dean for admissions for the maine track program? Is it still Dr. Neumeyer, or is it Dr. Bing-You?

For those still waiting to hear anything from them, I sent an email today inquiring. Was thinking they just forgot to send me my pre-II R but this is what they said.
8F3036E2-8322-46D0-98D0-22E7A796EC91.jpeg

• Sad
  • Hmm
Reactions: 7 users
has anyone had a post-II R yet? also, anybody know how well having a PI or advisor call the admissions office works for getting off of the waitlist?

has anyone had a post-II R yet? also, anybody know how well having a PI or advisor call the admissions office works for getting off of the waitlist?
Is the individual in any way affiliated with Tufts or any members of the adcom, either now or historically? If so, this would be a completely understandable move and is most likely to be effective.

If not, they can still reach out and put in a good word on your behalf, as a member of the medical/ scientific community. However, I think it's less likely to be effective than having someone with connections there. If they hold considerable influence within their academic institution/ field of research, this can also help.

Bottom line, I think you should go for it since there's not much to lose. Whether or not it will actually do anything is tough to say.

Last edited:
Is the individual in anyway affiliated with Tufts or any members of the adcom, either now or historically? If so, this would be a completely understandable move and is most likely to be effective.

If not, they can still reach out and put in a good word on your behalf, as a member of the medical/ scientific community. However, I think it's less likely to be effective than having someone with connections there. If they hold considerable influence within their academic institution/ field of research, this can also help.

Bottom line, I think you should go for it since there's not much to lose. Whether or not it will actually do anything is tough to say.
Thank you so much. Wasn’t sure if it could hurt in any way but I agree with your perspective and think they’re going to try it. Hoping it helps!!

Committee meets on the 30th. According to the information given to us during the interview a few weeks ago. Hold on tight.

Has anyone from the Maine Track heard about the scholarship yet?
Emailed about this and they've already been awarded🥲 but they said as decisions change in April there's a chance they will be redistributed

Pre-II R. I applied Maine track, middle of July. If I have to reapply, I truly am torn as to whether or not I should reapply to Tufts 😢

are these coming out slowly?
I think so, I got mine ~1 hr after the first reported one. But hey, if you don't get that R and get an II that is incredible!!! I just think the cycle is done here :( and we're the final group being turned away

• Sad
I think so, I got mine ~1 hr after the first reported one. But hey, if you don't get that R and get an II that is incredible!!! I just think the cycle is done here :( and we're the final group being turned away
Lmao just caught the R, appreciate the optimism tho

Why did I get an R that said thanks for applying to the Early Assurance program when I did not?? Lol

Why did I get an R that said thanks for applying to the Early Assurance program when I did not?? Lol
+1. I read the email and was like dang did I click a wrong button on my secondary or something.

does anyone know when/how long it takes to get our financial aid?

Was unable to accept my II (received last week). Hope it goes back to someone waiting on good news still

does anyone know when/how long it takes to get our financial aid?
I think sometime around April 20th or so, give or take. Kind of annoying how late this school waits to send them out, but oh well. What’s another month added to our nearly year long limbo? lol

Let’s just hope they’re not as stingy with aid as everyone says they are 😏

I interviewed a long time ago and forgot the details about the grading system. Is tufts true p/f for pre-clinical? What about clinical?

Anyone know how full the Maine track class is so far (or usually is around this time)? Wondering how much WL movement I can realistically hope for 😰

anyone able to find the match list? (seems like this is an outstanding question from a while ago). The website only has general stats.

• Hmm
Reactions: 2 users