2021-2022 Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone who interviewed on 3/16 heard anything yet? If I remember correctly, they said we should receive their decision sometime between 4/1 - 4/5

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel like they just got lazy and deferred everyone today 😑

Reactions: 1 user
I've been deferred for literally 6 months. idk what's going on anymore lol

• Hmm
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Deferred today also after interviewing late March. What is the benefit of this over a waitlist?

Reactions: 1 users
Deferred today also after interviewing late March. What is the benefit of this over a waitlist?
I think that only benefit is getting re-reviewed. But then again is that really a benefit?

I’m guessing that they’ve sent out a certain number of acceptances and are waiting to see how many commit/withdraw, then filling those spots with deferred applicants prior to the waitlist

I’m guessing that they’ve sent out a certain number of acceptances and are waiting to see how many commit/withdraw, then filling those spots with deferred applicants prior to the waitlist
Has anyone been waitlisted though? I feel like I’ve only heard of people being deferred so far

Has anyone been waitlisted though? I feel like I’ve only heard of people being deferred so far
Yea, that’s probably the next step. So I imagine they try and fill their class with deferred applicants late in the cycle, and then the rest will be rejected or waitlisted. Just a guess though.

Anyone know when scholarships/aid comes out? Looking specifically at merit, need, and Maine track aid comes out?

Got a “Tufts scholarship” of a nice chunk ~$16K. Anyone get the Maine scholarship yet?

Well congrats on the scholarship!!!
Thank you! Just waiting to hear if anyone has gotten the Maine one. As an OOS idk my chances and I really want to give Tufts Maine a shot/a visit later this month. But if I don’t get that, unfortunately will need to withdraw as it just isn’t financially viable :/

Anyone know when scholarships/aid comes out? Looking specifically at merit, need, and Maine track aid comes out?
not to continuously ask this, but did anyone at second look happen to get more info on when we will receive financial aid offers from them?

not to continuously ask this, but did anyone at second look happen to get more info on when we will receive financial aid offers from them?
Do you mean for the Maine track or just in general? As I got mine today sans Maine track info

“We’ve set a department-wide goal to have the majority of incoming MDs packaged prior to TUSM’s “First Look” Day on April 7. Admitted first-year students should have their financial aid offers by April 30, at the absolute latest.” From my email with office of financial aid.

Do you mean for the Maine track or just in general? As I got mine today sans Maine track info
Someone posted in this thread on 3/25 (a few pages back) that they had emailed admissions asking about the Maine Track scholarships, and they responded saying that they had already been awarded. Sorry about the bad news. :(

If any current student could answer these questions I’d appreciate it:

1) Are the exams at the end of each block NBME exams or written by the professor?

2) # of mandatory clinical activities per week e.g. clinic, inpatient rounds, during the preclinical years

Someone posted in this thread on 3/25 (a few pages back) that they had emailed admissions asking about the Maine Track scholarships, and they responded saying that they had already been awarded. Sorry about the bad news. :(

Unfortunate but good news for those who got them! OK this make withdrawing easier. Good luck everyone!

If any current student could answer these questions I’d appreciate it:

1) Are the exams at the end of each block NBME exams or written by the professor?

2) # of mandatory clinical activities per week e.g. clinic, inpatient rounds, during the preclinical years
Hi! I'm a current MS1 at tufts. Exams during each block are written by the professors. I have only done my pre-clinical stuff so far so unable to help with clinic/rounds info but we have about 2-3 mandatory small groups/classes per week. This number obviously varies - had a ton of mandatories in renal block but on average I would say 2-3!

Oh no.. so I’m assuming that me not receiving the WL email just now (deferred since December) is probably meaning I’m getting the R :(

Maine Track Withdrawal. Good luck everyone!