2021-2022 UT Houston (McGovern)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can September interviewees receive 10/15 prematch offers?
Yes but not sure if it is possible through the end of the month. Since schools start going through rolling admissions every few weeks after that, it wouldnt make sense to hold too many weeks to review.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes but not sure if it is possible through the end of the month. Since schools start going through rolling admissions every few weeks after that, it wouldnt make sense to hold too many weeks to review.
Not sure what you mean?
are you saying if you interview in sept, if you don’t get an A by the end of oct, don’t count on it?

I just recived a secondary application reminder but I never received the first email to complete the secondary :(
Did this happen to anyone else? I check my spam everyday and did not see it there either. I am going to reach out to the admission office but wanted to see if this happened to others before bothering the adcoms lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just recived a secondary application reminder but I never received the first email to complete the secondary :(
Did this happen to anyone else? I check my spam everyday and did not see it there either. I am going to reach out to the admission office but wanted to see if this happened to others before bothering the adcoms lol.
I'm sure it happens by some emails being missed by recipients, or not sent from their end.
If they are reminding you, it's not too late. I would probably contact them as well and say that you hadn't received a secondary from them, but are interested to submit one.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm sure it happens by some emails being missed by recipients, or not sent from their end.
If they are reminding you, it's not too late. I would probably contact them as well and say that you hadn't received a secondary from them, but are interested to submit one.
yes I think I am going to just contact them. Thank you!

Not sure what you mean?
are you saying if you interview in sept, if you don’t get an A by the end of oct, don’t count on it?
There are 4 weeks of interviews in September. When they make decisions for October 15th, they are reviewing several weeks of II candidates - August and September, and may not cover all of September in their review.

They have rolling admissions after that and so whichever week is not picked up for review will be reviewed for next round.

II today! LM 68, IS, URM. This is my DREAM school I'm so excited!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi there, has anyone interviewed at McGovern’s MSTP program and know what time frames to block off for the interview on the two days, specifically the MDPHD day? I have an event at 6:30 EST and I’m really hoping that I can make it beforehand. Also if anyone can let me know what the itinerary is like or schedule overview I would really appreciate it! Thank you.

Who’s going to be the first to prematch….

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
On McGovern's website it says that Texas residents will hear from November 15th onwards? Is that just a typo from a few years ago that they haven't fixed?

They said October 15th during the interview day.
It's October 15th. Most years I believe the first decisions arrive in the afternoon on the 15th, but last year it had already arrived by this time.

I see that one person posted a pre-match, congrats!!!. I have a friend, MS1 at Mcgovern and the rumor last week was that pre-matches were going to be sent out early next week. Anyway just a rumor.

Interview date for those that prematched? Also congrats!

And time of prematch email please! Trying to figure out if its all one batch sent at the same time or if they trickle out throughout the day! Congrats again yall!!

Also, questions: if I don't get prematched today (interviewed 10/1), do they usually send them like once a month? Or how does that work
Usually after their periodic committee meetings and any time between now and the end of January. I don't know how often they meet :)

Also, questions: if I don't get prematched today (interviewed 10/1), do they usually send them like once a month? Or how does that work
Prior years they have given more prematches out about once a month. Every school varies. Search last years McGovern thread. Another hopeful time is the week before Christmas break.

And time of prematch email please! Trying to figure out if its all one batch sent at the same time or if they trickle out throughout the day! Congrats again yall!!
I just got a prematch email at 2:59 (!!!!) so seems like it's a trickle

Reactions: 6 users
Still refreshing my email holding out hope for today :/ congrats to all that prematched thus far

Reactions: 3 users
I think this is a typo on their website, during interview they said prematches start on October 15th.
Agree. Sometimes you might get a cached/out of date web page.

This year's dates are October 15 to January 31 for possible pre-match offers.
Individual schools may choose when, within that window, to take action.
Not all schools are ready to send out offers by the first day.

Reactions: 2 users
If we didn't prematch and we interviewed in September does that mean we're most likely waitlisted? Or is it still possible to match to McGovern in March?

If we didn't prematch and we interviewed in September does that mean we're most likely waitlisted? Or is it still possible to match to McGovern in March?
Anyone who has interviewed is eligible for a match.
TMDSAS just published some numbers that say only 1 in 7 people who interviewed get a pre-match offer.
Keep on doing what you do and rank all your interview schools for Match Day!

Hi, does anyone know about how soon prematch offers go out after an interview? I interviewed 10/15, so I'm just wondering how long I should be freaking out over getting an email haha

Hi, does anyone know about how soon prematch offers go out after an interview? I interviewed 10/15, so I'm just wondering how long I should be freaking out over getting an email haha
Not sure. I haven't seen anyone from 10/8 interviews post about a prematch anywhere, but there is someone from 10/1 that prematched on 10/15 in this thread.

Last cycle someone reported a prematch on 10/15/2020 after their interview on 10/09/2020 in the 2020-2021 thread.

Im trying not to freak out too, but.. well.. here I am...

Not sure. I haven't seen anyone from 10/8 interviews post about a prematch anywhere, but there is someone from 10/1 that prematched on 10/15 in this thread.

Last cycle someone reported a prematch on 10/15/2020 after their interview on 10/09/2020 in the 2020-2021 thread.

Im trying not to freak out too, but.. well.. here I am...
This is just my pontification but I think it is possible that the prematch offers may be different from last cycle.

I interviewed 9/1 and did not receive a prematch so I checked last years McGovern forum vs this one. I believe there were 2 dates for prematch last time; Oct 15th and Dec 15th. If Im remembering correctly, something like 13 people posted on the forum about their pre-match on each of these dates. The folks who prematched on Oct 15th had interviewed BEFORE that date, and the folks who prematched on Dec 15th had interviewed between the first prematch and that date.

This cycle, there were 5 folks that posted about their prematches. Now, this could be because people just happen to be less active on SDN this year as compared to last, or it could be that McGovern simply didn't offer as many prematches on the first day. Given the significantly lower reported # of prematches, I am hopeful that they will have more than just the 2 prematch days that they had last year.

If this thinking is correct, maybe yall could expect to hear around mid November? But, If the way they are doing prematches has not changed then we can look at last years forum and see that the 2 days of prematches were Oct 15th and Dec 15th.

Hope I'm right but who really knows! Best of luck to all, and congrats to everyone who has prematched!

Reactions: 6 users
This is just my pontification but I think it is possible that the prematch offers may be different from last cycle.

I interviewed 9/1 and did not receive a prematch so I checked last years McGovern forum vs this one. I believe there were 2 dates for prematch last time; Oct 15th and Dec 15th. If Im remembering correctly, something like 13 people posted on the forum about their pre-match on each of these dates. The folks who prematched on Oct 15th had interviewed BEFORE that date, and the folks who prematched on Dec 15th had interviewed between the first prematch and that date.

This cycle, there were 5 folks that posted about their prematches. Now, this could be because people just happen to be less active on SDN this year as compared to last, or it could be that McGovern simply didn't offer as many prematches on the first day. Given the significantly lower reported # of prematches, I am hopeful that they will have more than just the 2 prematch days that they had last year.

If this thinking is correct, maybe yall could expect to hear around mid November? But, If the way they are doing prematches has not changed then we can look at last years forum and see that the 2 days of prematches were Oct 15th and Dec 15th.

Hope I'm right but who really knows! Best of luck to all, and congrats to everyone who has prematched!
Ah thank you, it helps to know that they've been known to send out prematches in batches like that!